Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
☆Picori's Works☆ (GFX)
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

☆Picori's Works☆ (GFX)
Hylia
DreamSpell

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
05-09-2014, 12:34 AM
[Image: IYFBPrt.png]

I'm sure it's too late (and dead) to revive my old art thread, so starting a new one. In a way. I still count myself a novice, but I'm getting better.

Examples of my recent works:

Spoiler:
[Image: 933dRnq.png]
[Image: nTBEH7O.png]
[Image: 3BYaf28.png]
[Image: v8WQhsZ.png]
[Image: va8D7Gg.png]
[Image: zHhiyto.png]
[Image: ftxzFSj.png]
[Image: H52ihHN.png]
[Image: jz8mB8R.png]

Signatures

Spoiler:
[Image: lCI4990.png]
[Image: Z3tRu21.png]
[Image: Zz4t9Tr.png]
[Image: 6PAyBpn.png]
[Image: bBlmm5F.png]
[Image: J7sFsYJ.png]
[Image: zMZXmYf.png]
[Image: cY9PvCw.png]

Hope you all like~ Smile I'll post more as I make them. Most of them are from requests elsewhere, and a couple for personal use. But ya.
xKiYoMiNaTiONx
Cosplayer

PokéDollars: ₪1,260.88
Super Moderators
05-09-2014, 01:50 AM
I really like your style of making avatars and sigs... They are really nice! =)
Isaac
for Smash 4

Registered
05-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Owain wearing shades really made me smile.

Your style is quite interesting; I like it. Everything seems to mesh well color-wise, so nothing looks too jarring or out of place. Only exceptions I see to that is the text on Galdr and Alm; nothing else is wrong that I really notice. The Marth render on the last one is kinda funky but not a big deal. And you seem to do the pop-up effect quite well! I really need to start experimenting with that again.

If I can ask, what program(s) do you use to make these?

I have disappeared from here. As apology, please accept this cheery picture.

[Image: 314qek6.png]
Hylia
DreamSpell

Registered
05-09-2014, 05:29 PM
(05-09-2014, 01:50 AM)xKiYoMiNaTiONx Wrote: I really like your style of making avatars and sigs... They are really nice! =)

Thank you~

(05-09-2014, 01:26 PM)Isaac Wrote: Owain wearing shades really made me smile.

Your style is quite interesting; I like it. Everything seems to mesh well color-wise, so nothing looks too jarring or out of place. Only exceptions I see to that is the text on Galdr and Alm; nothing else is wrong that I really notice. The Marth render on the last one is kinda funky but not a big deal. And you seem to do the pop-up effect quite well! I really need to start experimenting with that again.

Thanks. Smile The Alm one was an experiment of the text being aligned close to the image. I had seen a similar effect done on other signatures so I thought I'd try it myself. I thought it looked fine. The one with "Galdr" on it is just to show that it was for personal use. Not sure how it's jarring? It could be the fact that the text is huge. Unfortunately, if the text is any smaller, I wouldn't be able to read it. xD

Yeah, that Marth render. I admit looks weird. It was one of my first sigs that used a c4d. At least, attempted. And I rendered it myself; that could be the reason why it looks wonky, lol.

Pop outs are super fun. I find it addicting almost. Smile

Owain is win. O-win. xD

(05-09-2014, 01:26 PM)Isaac Wrote: If I can ask, what program(s) do you use to make these?

I use Gimp 2.4 version.
Isaac
for Smash 4

Registered
05-09-2014, 07:04 PM
Picori Wrote:The one with "Galdr" on it is just to show that it was for personal use. Not sure how it's jarring? It could be the fact that the text is huge. Unfortunately, if the text is any smaller, I wouldn't be able to read it. xD
Jarring is probably not the best choice of word...it looks like the text is tacked on, rather than looking naturally part of the image. You can see somewhat how it stands out and appears to be 'separate' from the rest of the picture. Did that explanation make sense?

Quote:I use Gimp 2.4 version.
This means I could probably replicate some of your styles myself, since I also use GIMP. Glad to know being as artful as you is somewhat within grasp!

Hylia
DreamSpell

Registered
05-09-2014, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2014, 03:31 PM by Hylia.)
(05-09-2014, 07:04 PM)Isaac Wrote: Jarring is probably not the best choice of word...it looks like the text is tacked on, rather than looking naturally part of the image. You can see somewhat how it stands out and appears to be 'separate' from the rest of the picture. Did that explanation make sense?

Hm, a little. The text is actually apart of the image. It may be because I "hardened" the texture of the text with the Emboss filter. Just to make it pop out more. Not sure how to truly fix that, since I'm not fond of putting words on my stuff. xD I'll have to look up some tutorials to see if there's some way around~ Appreciate the critique.

(05-09-2014, 07:04 PM)Isaac Wrote: This means I could probably replicate some of your styles myself, since I also use GIMP. Glad to know being as artful as you is somewhat within grasp!

Yup. Smile Would love to see your results sometime! Gimp-ers unite!

Edit: My new signature.

[Image: 0vBQsv8.png]
Hylia
DreamSpell

Registered
05-14-2014, 02:57 PM
Made two new sets today:

[Image: DyGnoir.png]
[Image: eEOIf0M.png]

[Image: cGXE70M.png]
[Image: ysXVr75.png]

Really like how they turned out~
Isaac
for Smash 4

Registered
05-14-2014, 04:30 PM
ANNA <3

...really wish I actually got around to making an Anna banner. I should probably start soon when exams have died down.

Hylia
DreamSpell

Registered
05-17-2014, 05:38 PM
@Isaac thank you. Smile Anna's one of my favorite FE:A characters. I'm sure you'll get around to doing one. Take care on your exams~

I updated to a new combo set for my avatar and signature. I had made it a few days ago, but couldn't be bothered to getting it uploaded. Methinks this one's the best thus far.

[Image: JKOD55E.png]
[Image: o5OA5pU.png]

<3
Hylia
DreamSpell

Registered
05-19-2014, 07:13 PM
Got a couple of new stuff to show off~

[Image: EZWncto.png]
[Image: WsZTbr6.png]

[Image: GpvKPM5.png]
[Image: JqY3p7x.png]

[Image: ODWMmtG.png]
[Image: imq2g9b.png]

The first one's for me in a way for somewhere else, and the latter two were requested elsewhere. getting a little obsessed with rounded edges though

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Paw Works Snowypawz 20 2,977 10-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Last Post by Snowypawz
  Gallery of Picori Hylia 15 2,288 01-28-2013, 11:40 PM
Last Post by Hylia
  Hybrid | Fury's GFX showcase. Fury 5 898 01-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Last Post by Fury
  My first GFX in a while. ♦Mr §on♦™ 4 629 12-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Last Post by ♦Mr §on♦™