Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Are you into beauty?
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Are you into beauty?
Claraviolet
Junior Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
12-19-2014, 11:28 PM
I've seen so many people who worry about their skin,hair,age..whatnot.

They will do anything to look young or beautiful.Personally,I don't care about my looks.In fact,I believe "beauty is skin deep".
Are you one of those people who want to look beautiful and young at any cost?
StrawberryG
Pokémon Trainer

Registered
12-19-2014, 11:47 PM
Yes and no?

I'm not one of those people who'll go into great lengths *shudders at the thought* to look young or beautiful.
But I do care about things like wearing nice clothes, I think it's normal at my age :p so nothing strange there. I'm also trying to get into wearing accessories and makeup because when I see other people do it I think "hmm...maybe I should give that a try", but thats about it. I think I MIGHT colour my hair someday, probably in the future, it'll look pretty cool Big Grin
As for thing's like spray tans and other things like that I'm going to say NO! I think that is just crazy and a waste of money.
When I go out I like to look nice Smile
So overall no, not at any cost, actually come to think of it no I don't think I'm one of those people at all.

3DS FC: 0361-8810-9180

[Image: IUGddQ9_zpsc72bd156.png]

Thanks Bloom or my sig ^^
Solgaleo

PokéDollars: ₪240.84
Moderators
12-20-2014, 02:05 AM
Regardless of what the minority will feel (or think), you will only increase your probabilities of success if you are physically attractive. Cold truth. And seeing as how consumer behavior, corporate firms, and social media continually emphasize this aspect of our species, I don't think this trend will recede anytime soon. Personally, I am not one of those guys who are overtly concerned with amassing and preserving muscle mass or nitpicky about what type of fashion I employ, but, I am well aware of the advantages it can bring me if I am careful and strategic about the appearances I cultivate.

[Image: 1zoagsj.png]

medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
12-20-2014, 02:26 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2014, 02:27 AM by medicham.)
beauty is in the mind, how you see yourself, and how you project that. your inner mind will manifest that, in your dreams, in your body, in your personality. to be human is to be imperfect, to be ugly in some way, but therein lies beauty in itself, anyone can become beautiful when they have the energy and will to carry that out. i know it isn't that simple, removing deep scars, physical and mental, but that's the point of life. it isn't very beautiful if you see it all the time

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]
FireLeo
Hot as the Sun

PokéDollars: ₪1,082.89
Registered
02-01-2015, 12:35 AM
(12-20-2014, 02:26 AM)Gengar Wrote: beauty is in the mind, how you see yourself, and how you project that. your inner mind will manifest that, in your dreams, in your body, in your personality. to be human is to be imperfect, to be ugly in some way, but therein lies beauty in itself, anyone can become beautiful when they have the energy and will to carry that out. i know it isn't that simple, removing deep scars, physical and mental, but that's the point of life. it isn't very beautiful if you see it all the time

I quite agree with this. However, I sometimes feel that my imperfections keep me from being happy about my appearance. So I try to take care of myself. Sadly, my devotion to my work can make me neglect my physical needs.

As it stands, I try to convince myself that, for the most part, I'm okay the way I am, considering the problems I have with the way I look. But I'm the sort of person with some seriously high expectations. For anything and everything. This creates problems in the long run.

L I G H T N I N G  S T R I K E S  A G A I N !
[Image: fire_leo_banner_by_galliumgrant-daq2jpl.png]
hotchocolat
Pokesun's sleepy baby

Registered
04-05-2015, 01:50 AM
I think beauty is a needless thing, and that not everyone is beautiful, and that beauty should not be as valued as it is. In the end, everyone's looks fade, and all that is left is their personality and accomplishments.
I still appreciate beautiful people and the act of making oneself look physically beautiful. I think it's very fun to experiment with my appearance. However, I think it is unhealthy to rely so heavily on beauty to determine one's worth. This is still something at age 22 that I am still trying to remove from my life after years of being told that as a woman I should be beautiful.
In short I think people should stop telling everyone they are beautiful and rather "It's okay to not be beautiful."
✯Ho-OhLugia✯
Angels of Truth and Ideals

Registered
04-05-2015, 03:52 PM
I strongly disagree that beauty is in the appearance of a person, however, it is in the heart - what's on the inside. Because you'd never know a person's backstory once you look at them. People are born with their appearance something you can't take away from you. They must accept their appearance because everybody is unique, and that's what makes people beautiful.
I personally dislike that people say that "You guys must put on makeup sometime," to my sister and I because makeup is not what we like - altering your real self to appear prettier? People are pretty without hairstyles, face lifting, earrings, lipstick (which tastes horrible sometimes) and others. I get judged at school because of who I am - I'm not the person who likes to put on makeup. People whisper behind my back and they don't know I hear them when I do. It really makes me sad.

[Image: D5Ctidw.jpg]
We are ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Twin heroes of Truth and Ideals.
Want to see great art? Any requests? Click this warp text to see it!
WmONeil
Ace Trainer

Registered
04-06-2015, 07:47 AM
I feel discriminated when people think I'm younger than I look because of my height and weight. I'm also not into beauty.
✯Ho-OhLugia✯
Angels of Truth and Ideals

Registered
04-07-2015, 05:26 PM
I dislike that - people say we're younger because we don't act like the typical teenage girl: We're not into:
-Makeup
-Beauty
-Social Media (I HATE THAT!(Excluding Pokemon Forum Sites))
-Modern Music (I love old and classical)
-Hairstyles
-Fashion
And because we're into:
-Pokemon
-Dinosaurs (we LOVE dinosaurs!)
-Reading
-We like school and homework
-Writing
-And ecsetera.

[Image: D5Ctidw.jpg]
We are ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Twin heroes of Truth and Ideals.
Want to see great art? Any requests? Click this warp text to see it!
flamingwing12
TOAST

Registered
04-10-2015, 08:16 AM
I honestly think it truely depends. I don't spend 30 minutes getting my hair perfect, and I NEVER wear makeup on normal occasions. Normal occasions. I went to a military ball a few weeks ago with my NJROTC(Navy junior ROTC), that morning I got my hair washed, trimed, hilighted, and then the evening before, went back to the dresser to get it flat-ironed. (I live in a tiny town) He's taking me to Prom this 25th and that's probably going to happen again. With a teeny bit of makeup, maybe.
But my overall opinion is that it doen's really matter if you aren't super dressed up for school, but don't just go straight out of bed, basically.

[Image: pokemon__keldeo_by_zueq-d58bkge.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beauty and the Beast 2017 xKiYoMiNaTiONx 0 365 06-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Last Post by xKiYoMiNaTiONx