Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Ask Member #58
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Ask Member #58
Hana Song
DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

PokéDollars: ₪16.92
Registered
05-06-2014, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2016, 11:25 PM by Hana Song.)
Well, I think I'm prominent enough to actually make one of these. Joined fairly early-on in the forum, caused my fair share of drama, cycled through an unholy number of usernames in the last however long it's been, and was briefly a League Gym Leader. Platinum Donator status, VIP (with another six or seven VIP statuses given out to other members), competitive mastermind and a grandmaster team builder, now retired, I think I've done enough around here to make myself a name, and actually revealed not too much about myself in the process.

Not that I'm expecting responses, but ask me anything, I guess.
Luigi's Purple Coins
Banned

PokéDollars: ₪-518.41
Banned
05-06-2014, 05:01 PM
What your favorite feature of PokeSun, and how did you find this forum in the first place?
Hana Song

Registered
05-06-2014, 05:06 PM
(05-06-2014, 05:01 PM)Ryuuko Wrote: What your favorite feature of PokeSun...

Honestly, I don't know. I'm not a fan of either the PokéMart or the Arcade, but I greatly enjoyed the competitive league while it was active, and while I was active in that scene in general. Currently? Probably just having a hidden VIP forum, it's the only place where I'm even semi-active.

(05-06-2014, 05:01 PM)Ryuuko Wrote: ...and how did you find this forum in the first place?

I knew Zueq from a previous forum, we chatted sometimes and exchanged Skype info at some point. He told me about this place before he'd even made it, said that he wanted to make a forum, that was after I came across a previous failed forum of his that I recognised his graphics from (chased him down on Skype afterwards because I was intrigued), and invited me to join once he actually got around to creating this place.

[Image: VN3xUdv.png]

anxiety trip
Hana Song

Registered
08-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Alright, let's bump this thing. Ask me anything, guys, I honestly don't really care what it is.

anxiety trip
Isaac
for Smash 4

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
08-08-2014, 02:50 PM
Is there any science to what usernames you choose? I'm honestly curious.

I have disappeared from here. As apology, please accept this cheery picture.

[Image: 314qek6.png]
Hana Song

Registered
08-08-2014, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014, 03:55 PM by Hana Song.)
(08-08-2014, 02:50 PM)Isaac Wrote: Is there any science to what usernames you choose? I'm honestly curious.

Not at all, I honestly just choose usernames from the things that I'm into at the time. I do kinda get somewhat obsessed with changing usernames, though, I'll admit, I kinda start to feel uneasy when there's a username that I'd prefer more than the one I'm currently using. I don't even think I can remember all of my usernames I've had here, but I can probably remember most of the reasons behind them.
  • Duosion: Favourite Pokémon at the time.
  • Vex: I was playing Skyrim a lot at the time, and I like the character Vex.
  • Forameus: Unreleased song from the band Muse's second demo tape.
  • Morrigan: Interest in Darkstalkers coupled with Irish mythology.
  • Cyborg Pride: I'm a fan of Dresden Codak's comics, and Kim Ross is probably one of my favourite characters from any comic.
  • Shock: Taken from a line from Queen of the Stone Age's song I Appear Missing.
  • Торпеда: Started playing Borderlands 2 again, huge fan of a fairly underrated weapon called the Торпеда.
  • Satsuki: Sick hype over the Kill la Kill anime, Satsuki's my favourite character by far.
  • Nisha: Sick hype for the upcoming Borderlands Pre-Sequel, and I really like the look of one of the playable characters, Nisha.

Pretty much anything I feel like from music, games, shows, that kind of thing.

anxiety trip
Cyanide

PokéDollars: ₪223.15
Moderators
08-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Do you have all of the DLCs for Skyrim?

[Image: 1zoagsj.png]

Hana Song

Registered
08-08-2014, 03:56 PM
(08-08-2014, 03:53 PM)Law Wrote: Do you have all of the DLCs for Skyrim?

I'm pretty sure I bought all of them the same week that they were released, to be honest. I've really been getting back into Skyrim in the last week or so, just figuring out other ways to play - perma-death runs, no fast travel, etc. - has really rekindled my interest in the game that kept me satisfied for a solid year and a half.

anxiety trip
Isaac
for Smash 4

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
08-08-2014, 04:04 PM
Mm, makes sense. Now for a serious question.

What would you consider to be the best gaming console out of the lot (including handhelds)? You can take into account factors like libraries, controls, ease of use, specifications, what it's capable of...etc etc. Even bias and favoritism are fine! I just wonder what you would consider the best console (or at least one of the best).

I have disappeared from here. As apology, please accept this cheery picture.

[Image: 314qek6.png]
Hana Song

Registered
08-08-2014, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014, 04:38 PM by Hana Song.)
(08-08-2014, 04:04 PM)Isaac Wrote: Mm, makes sense. Now for a serious question.

What would you consider to be the best gaming console out of the lot (including handhelds)? You can take into account factors like libraries, controls, ease of use, specifications, what it's capable of...etc etc. Even bias and favoritism are fine! I just wonder what you would consider the best console (or at least one of the best).

Well, despite how much I love games this generation (well, last generation now, I've not had a chance to try out the current generation consoles that much), always obviously impressed with the graphics that have come such a long way in an incredibly short space of time - not even just looking at the 80s to now, but even the early/mid-2000s to now - but I feel that games have lacked real style for a good while.

Probably the last game in my opinion that even comes close to 'perfect' was Shadow of the Colossus in 2005 - actually a little terrifying, I just realised that was 9 years ago - and before that The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind in 2002. There have been games that I've been a huge fan of since then, of course - the Borderlands series as a whole, as well as any of the Elder Scrolls games, most Metal Gears and hell, Final Fantasy XII - but of late I've found myself dipping more into indie games and roguelikes, things that do resemble older games in general, platformers and early action games.

Despite being a fan of action games and FPS games right now, when I do play any proper AAA games (or anything close), I'm definitely more of a fan of RPGs, and especially turn-based - the Borderlands series satisfies my love of FPS games and RPGs at the same time, and Final Fantasy games, especially earlier ones, are always going to be close to my heart for many reasons.

So, onto the main point, I don't feel that any recent games at all have come close to making me feel how I did when I played - and play - older turn-based RPGs, undoubtedly my favourite kind of game, even though I don't play them as much as I'd like to. I'd going to couple that with my absolute undying love of sprite-based graphics and finally get around to my point.

Also factoring into the argument of how ground-breaking the systems were, I think that there's little argument that anybody but Nintendo, especially in the early eras of gaming consoles, were at the front of innovation for most generation advances.

I'm going to have to go with the SNES, to be honest. The NES gave video gaming likely more than the SNES did, but the latter gave so many influential and key games that are still sometimes considered the best games ever now, titles you just can't ignore, and series that became so popular that they're still around today - and even if not, they're still talked about. Final Fantasy II and III, Earthbound, F-Zero, Secret of Mana, and then the really hard-hitters such as Donkey Kong Country, Super Metroid, and of course The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Huge titles that still survive to this day.

Of course, the bias is somewhat there since my favourite game to this day - Chrono Trigger was made for the SNES, but even without that, my point still remains. The SNES might not have given as much in terms of actual hardware and capabilities to gaming as the NES did, but it gave so much more in the ways that video games are made and written.

I'm super tired, none of that might actually make sense, but there you go.

anxiety trip