Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: ☁Gen 5 Doubles: Trick Rain☁
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: ☁Gen 5 Doubles: Trick Rain☁
Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

PokéDollars: ₪32.09
Registered
12-28-2013, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 08:06 PM by Hana Song.)
☁Trick Rain☁

Sleep Killer
-Sir Bon Bon
[Image: 286.gif] @ Macho Brace
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spore
- Low Sweep
- Bullet Seed
- Protect

Sir Bon Bon is usually my lead along with bronzong. I can start off with protect while Bronzong sets up a trick room. Then I can spore a threat and then finish them off with technician boosted low sweep and bullet seed. With reduced speed plus macho brace, breloom moves extremely fast in trick room, which works well with perfect accuracy spore. If I sent out politoed earlier, the rain would reduce its fire weakness. Protect can also protect it from strong hits while bronzong sets up reflect and light screen.

Dual Screens/Trick Room Setter
-Sir Resist
[Image: 437.gif] @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Explosion

Sir Resist is my usual trick room lead. I send him out with either breloom or politoed. In the rain Bronzong's only weakness is reduced, making it a massive wall. Basically his purpose is to set up trick room and extened dual screens. After the job is done, he uses explosion and I lead off with either Kingdra if the trick room ended, or Jellicent if the trick room is still active.

Drizzler
-Sir Hermy
[Image: 186.gif] @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Protect
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Sir Hermy's main job is to set up rain and keep it that way for the entire battle. If my opponent has no other weather pokemon, I can lead with him from the start with bronzong. If not I try to defeat the opposing weather pokemon before sending out the rain. Politoed's rain is extremely essential to my team since it enables my water type pokemon to clear the floor and makes my defensive pokemon bulkier. With Choice Specs and rain active, hydro pump does massive damage. Ice beam and focus blast add extra coverage and protect comes in handy if I need to stall for one turn right after I sent Politoed out. Protect is the only move I'm considering to switch out with for Politoed.

Speedy Special Attacker
-Madame Reef
[Image: 230.gif] @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Madame Reef is my swift swim sweeper. Just in case the rest of my trick room pokemon have died, Kingdra can still outspeed my opponents other speedy threats with ease. Life orb gives just enough boost for draco meteor and hydro pump to nearly OHKO opposing pokemon, while blizzard and HP Fighting provide additional coverage to pokemon like ferrothorn and thundurus.

Trick Room/ Water Gem Spouter
-Madame Abyss
[Image: 593f.gif] @ Water Gem
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Water Spout
- Trick Room
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball

Madame Abyss is the powerhouse of my team. As an additional Trick Room setter, she works best with Ludicolo. Water Absorb + Ludicolo's boosted surf gives an extra boost to health in addition to using giga drain. Fake out from ludicolo also gives Jellicent protection to set up trick room. She is also immune to fake out since she is part ghost type. With trick room and rain both active, water gem boosted + full hp makes water spout do massive damage to both of the opposing pokemon. Shadow ball provides additional coverage as well since ludicolo has ice beam instead.

Jellicent Support/ Bulky Attacker
-Sir Quackers
[Image: 272.gif] @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Quiet Nature
- Fake Out
- Giga Drain
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Sir Quackers' purpose is to mainly flinch his opponent first turn and then do some damage while healing each turn with the rain. After that, he is the main support for Madame Abyss. With giga drain and rain dish + leftovers, ludicolo lasts quite a while in doubles. Surf heals Jellicent and is boosted by the rain, and at the same time it hits both of the opposing pokemon. Ice beam grants extra coverage that Jellicent can't handle also.

So far this team has been doing pretty well in both (Gen5) Smogon Doubles and Doubles VGC 2013. I was just wondering if there was any additional flaws that could be pointed out so that I could improve upon my team.

If you have any suggestions, please be specific. I'm open to constructive criticism as well! ^^

[Image: dA219Lb.gif]
Nammm3
Pokémon Gamer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
12-28-2013, 06:22 PM
If I ever encounter this team, it'll definitely frustrate the mess out of me (especially since I use dragon and water pokémon a lot). I've got to point out on the creativity you did with attaching a macho brace with Breloom and attaching a choice specs for ''set up rain and keep it that way for the entire battle''-Politoed. The only thing that bugs me about the team is Politoed's move, protect. With choice specs, I dunno what your motive will be if you're stuck using it when it's one of your final 2 doubles pokémon or your last pokémon. Maybe an electric-hidden power would be a better substitute since you don't have a single pokémon in this team with an electric move.

Overall, nice-creative team :-D
Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

PokéDollars: ₪32.09
Registered
12-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Thanks Nam! ^^ I guess at the time I made the team, protect was a move I thought would be viable regardless of item due to it being a necessity in doubles. Now that I think about it, it would only really be useful if I want to get a rain switch in and protect see what move my opponent is going to make, unless if politoed loses its item since trick is sometimes common, but not that much in doubles. I think I'll take your suggestion and either fill in protect with Perish Song or HP electric. Wink

[Image: dA219Lb.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 975 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: RMT 6th Gen [OU] Cujo 12 2,384 02-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Last Post by Cujo
  XY: Trick Room [Gen VI OU] Yunan 3 1,504 12-29-2013, 04:51 AM
Last Post by Yunan
  XY: RMT - Gen VI NU? Ombra 0 487 11-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Last Post by Ombra