Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: AbNormalities
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: AbNormalities
Leon§Noel
Straight up AdBass™

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
04-09-2012, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 09:04 PM by Hana Song.)
I want to make a Normal type Wi-Fi Gym Team, And I'm looking for Suggestions. I already have decided on:
Snorlax@Immunity@Chesto Berry
Adamant 252 HP,252 Att,4 Sp.D
Rest]Recycle]Crunch]Last Resort

Chansey@Natural Cure@Eviolite
252 HP,252 Def,4 Sp.D
Defense Curl]Wish]Toxic] and either Seismic Toss or Protect

Bibarel@Bright Powder@Moody
Timid 252 Speed, 252 HP, 4 Def
Double Team]Baton Pass]Protect]Super Fang

Miltank@Thick Fat@Leftovers
252 Def, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
Stealth Rock]Milk Drink]???]???

Anyone have any suggestions?
Ombra

Registered
04-09-2012, 06:44 PM
I say get a quick guy with STAB potential. Maybe Linoone with attack and, hm, HP? I need to come back to this when I get some sleep >.>
Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

Registered
04-09-2012, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2012, 07:32 PM by Oscar Wilde.)
Breaking Evasion and Moody clauses I see. Cut that magikrap out. Smile
Though that bibarel literally will run out of pp before killing anything.

Snorlax:No point in having immunity on Snorlax, as you can rest off the status. Thick fat is preferred for normal type teams, as they crave resistances. Recycle is kinda unexpected, I can sort of see it working, but lefties recovery is so huge for bulky pokemon.

Chansey:Defense curl will not substantially increase your chances of living against physical moves. Wish without protect is so risky that I would call it dare devilish. Protect Wish Toxic and Seismic Toss. You always need seismic toss so people with substitute don't just set up on you.

Bibarel: Bibarel, what are you doing here!?! Get back in your cage! But seriously, Bibarel kind of sucks, and moody is banned. Ambipom replaces it with U-Turn, Fake Out, Double Hit, Low Kick.

Miltank:Miltank, What are you doing here!?! Just kidding, Miltank is pretty good. Stealth rock, Thunder Wave/Toxic, Milk Drink, Body Slam/Return/Seismic Toss. If you want to replace it, go with Porygon-Z, Staraptor or Togekiss. I would go with the flyers as Scrafty is like lololol to a lot of normal heavy teams.

Get a steel and ghost/psychic/flying type, so that fighting and dragon types don't biblically sodomize you.

Reuniclus and Skarmory

Jirachi and Dragonite/Salamence

Heatran and Celebi

Jellicent and Ferrothorn

Gliscor and Ferrothorn

Scizor/Forretress and Gengar

Stuff like that, which is easy to think of and put together. If you want bulkier cores, go for bulkier pokemon. If you want more offensive cores, go for more offensive pokemon.
ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
04-09-2012, 07:38 PM
I L.O.V.E. Snorlax and Miltank ^_^

Here are a few changes that I'd recommend though:

Snorlax's Ability would be better if it was Thick Fat to reduce damage taken from Fire and Ice attacks because Immunity doesn't really help it that much since you are running Rest on it. (Obviously)
Also wanted to mention I've never seen this Snorlax set ran but I always love seeing innovation so I hope it works out well for you ^_^

For Chansey use Seismic Toss over Protect so you aren't Taunt bait.

Bibarel's Ability can be really useful (not sure if it is released yet though...) the only problem is that without Simple the Double Team boosts it gains come one at a time rather than doubling up :/ so it will, more than likely, take a few hits while it is trying to get it's evasion up. The added boosts it receives from Moody may out way this though as long as it gains some sort of defensive boost early on. Also think that you should replace Super Fang with something else since you will NEVER be able to kill an opponent with it...only keep hitting it for 50% of remaining HP (can be useful if the opponent is Toxic'd....but I feel like it should be replaced...). Maybe replace it with one of these:
Dive: Hits all opponents (other than Water Absorb & Storm Drain users) and provides an extra turn for a Moody boost, hits for STAB damage.
Return: Always a reliable STAB move for Normal types and does a fair amount of damage along with a decent amount of PP.
Waterfall: Stopped by the same stuff mentioned for Dive but still hits all other opponents, has a change to Flinch, plus hits for STAB damage without a waisted turn like Dive has.

On Miltank finish it's moves with Heal Bell to rid your team of status and either Body Slam or Return. Body Slam to spread Paralysis or Return for reliable STAB damage.

Some other good Normal types that I think deserve a mention for possibly being used on your team are Sawsbuck (can still be effective outside of sun), Togekiss (ParaFlinch Hax), Porygon 2 for stalling, Porygon-Z for attacking, and Zangoose for attacking.

Hope your team works out well and if you need anymore help just shoot me a PM and I'll be more than happy to help ^_^

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Leon§Noel
Straight up AdBass™

Registered
04-09-2012, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2012, 07:52 PM by Leon§Noel.)
But I have to use Normal types! And there are very few good Dual Normal Types... But maybe Sawsbuck would work, and perhaps if I added the FEAR... I'll probably have Staraptor, or Porygon-Z as my speedy Attackers. Most likely Staraptor with Brave Bird, Close Combat, U-Turn, and Endeavor/Return? Remember, this team isn't for PO, it's for Wi-Fi. (Can't use PO... Sad)

Edit: Ninja'd. The above comment was for Oscar. But @ninJAS I chose that set on Snorlax for no particular reason, but it actually works extremely well, and since most people go with Thick Fat I get a free turn to Recycle when they try to Toxic him. It's also good for not having to bother with Toxic Spikes.
Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

Registered
04-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Gym leaders are allowed to use two wild cards beyond their type or you will always lose every single time. Like Close Combat > Your entire team.

There are just very few good Normal types in general.
Leon§Noel
Straight up AdBass™

Registered
04-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Oh yeah! I forgot about that. Hmm... I'll Probably use either Reuniclus, Ferrothorn, Cofagrigous, or Scizor... So many tough decisions... Maybe I'll just get all of them, then try them out to see which ones I like.
ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
04-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Lol testing out how different Pokemon work together is the key to making a good team great ^_^ I really hope that the unique sets you used on a few of your Pokemon will work like you planned since I love seeing battlers with innovative sets ^_^ (would also like to battle you one day Wink )

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Leon§Noel
Straight up AdBass™

Registered
04-09-2012, 08:27 PM
P.S. @Everyone, The Bibarel was sorta a joke. My friend bet me I couldn't find a way to use it in a decent set up, but I did. I'm still currently raising it though, so it's only Lv 78. I still use her (it's a girl, that I named Justin) in random matchup though. Get enough defense & evasion boosts and Baton Pass to Chansey for easy win. Did just that Five times. In a row. Within two hours.
Leon§Noel
Straight up AdBass™

Registered
04-09-2012, 11:25 PM
New addition:
Porygon-Z@Adaptability@???
252 Speed, 252 Sp.A, 4 HP.
Tri-Attack]Ice Beam]Dark Pulse]Focus Blast or Psyshock

The old Shedinja Switchin I used to have:
Shedinja@Wonder Guard@Focus Sash
252 Att, 252 speed, 4 whatever