Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: Hail Yea!!!
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: Hail Yea!!!
ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
03-13-2012, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 09:09 PM by Hana Song.)
Ok so honestly I know that hardly NO ONE runs a Hail team....but I want to try one out Tongue so here goes:

[Image: 460.png]
Hasty @ Choice Scarf @ Snow Warning
252 sp att, 240 spd, 16 att

Blizzard
Wood Hammer
Hidden Power Fire
Earthquake

Starts the snow and can hit fairly hard with it's STAB moves. Catches a lot of Pokemon off guard with this move set...

[Image: 365.png]
Bold @ Leftovers @ Ice Body
252 hp, 232 def, 24 sp def

Protect
Substitute
Brine
Super Fang

Beware the dreaded STALREIN!! Can pretty much make free substitutes thanks to the combination of Ice Body, Leftovers, and Protect. Uses Super Fang to take target down to 1/2 hp then hits super hard with a STAB Brine that deals double damage since the foe is at 1/2 health. (thinking about switching Brine and Super Fang for Roar and Surf....been having problems getting the SF+Brine combo to work like I thought it would....)

[Image: 473.png]
Jolly @ Expert Belt @ Snow Cloak
252 att, 252 spd, 4 hp

Earthquake
Icicle Crash
Ice Shard
Rock Slide

Hits fast and hard! Ended up adding Rock Slide over Stealth Rock since my team kept getting wrecked by Volcarona....

[Image: 73.png]
Calm @ Black Sludge @ Liquid Ooze
252 hp, 200 sp def, 56 def

Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Knock Off
Scald

Sets up spikes, spins away enemy hazards, knocks off enemy items, and burns foe. All of these are to help my hail team stall out the opponent.

I've been thinking about switching Tentacruel for something else as well....the only reason he is on my team is to set up Tspikes and spin....but I think I had 10 matches and was able to set up Tspikes twice....and only needed to spin 3 times....but Knock Off has been amazingly helpful! Plus if all of my opponents are poisoned when they enter battle then it kills Jirachi's and Frosslass's strategy....so are there any good Pokemon you guys can think of that are able to spin and use Knock Off?? Or should I just keep Tentacruel and use a little bit different set on him??

[Image: 478.png]
Modest @ Leftovers @ Snow Cloak
252hp, 180 spd, 76 sp att

Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Blizzard
Substitute

Abuses Twave+Sub+Snow Cloak and deals some pretty mean damage on the side as well....not real sure about the EV's I used though...its worked out fairly good so far.....but still....any thoughts about them?
Oh and if you are wondering why I made my EVs like this is because the 180 spd EVs gives Frosslass 301 speed Tongue and 215 sp att before the boost from Modest nature.

[Image: 385.png]
Impish @ Leftovers @ Scerene Grace
252 hp, 252 def, 4 sp def

Body Slam
Iron Head
Wish
Protect

With this set I've been able to hold most physical threats such as Scizor and Terrakion at bay. Paraflinch is nasty and really gives my team some much needed defense.

Well there it is Tongue not the best team I've ever made but would still like some suggestions on it so feel free to post!!

Thanks in advance!

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
03-13-2012, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2012, 06:12 PM by Oscar Wilde.)
You're going to have problems with dragons. Pokemon like Latios can come on a resisted move and freely blast away with Draco Meteor. Same goes for banded Haxorus and other dragons. I'm sure you've already found this out, but hail teams are extremely difficult to run in OU. To much opposing weather, all of which are better and have the advantage over hail. Plus Terrakion literally shatters most hail teams. UU is much more forgiving.

I've found Sableye much more helpful with dealing with weaknesses than Spiritomb. Priority will-o-wisp definitely aids with Fighting, Steel and Rock weaknesses of hail teams, because the moves used by those types are mainly physical.

Also Relying on rest for your stalling pokes without a cleric is beyond risky.

No phasing either, pokemon kind of just set up on you.

Furthermore, half of your pokemon are damaged by hail, I really don't see the benefit of hail in this team.

If your having fun with this team however, try using these pokemon.

Blissey (Heal Bell? Oh yus)
Sableye (Will-o-wisp? Yus)
Gastrodon (Rotom-Wash is stupid? Oh yus!)
Jirachi (Wish Protect in hail causes many a rage quit)
Kyurem
Frosslass (Snow Cloak abuse with Thunder wave and Substitute?)
Bronzong (Incredible bulk!)
Heatran (is just good)
Slowbro (Regenerator in hail makes it worth it)
Keldeo (Once it comes out! Does huge damage to sun, rain and sand teams)
ninJAS

Veterans
03-13-2012, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2012, 10:50 PM by ninJAS.)
I was actually considering like half of the Pokemon you mentioned but wasn't completely sure about them XD

Like I said I just thought i would try this out for fun...that's why only half of my team is unaffected by hail...didn't really want a team full of ice types because that would definitely leave a big hole in my defenses....

I experimented around with Kyurem and I'm not really a big fan of him....even though he has fairly decent bulk and a his typing is good for attack....it pretty much sucks for defense...

Gastrodon is one of my favorite Pokemon to use so I will give it some serious consideration on this team.

Blissey would simply add another Fighting weakness to my team and the clerical benefits wouldn't be majorly helpful as I plan on switching around both of my rest users.

Jirachi actually has the best chance to be on my team.......then again I might just use Bronzong to add a great defensive Pokemon to my line up....

Actually had Frosslass on my original hail team but to only reason I switched it out was to have a spin blocker who could take a few hits...but it is a very good Pokemon especially in hail so I will definitely give it a second look.

Slowbro is a possibility....I'll think about it

Probably won't use Keldeo simply because it isn't released yet XD also looked at it's moves and it seriously just has a few STAB moves then whichever HP you use for coverage...

Heatran is a very good Pokemon indeed but I really don't know if I will use him on this team....although he could easily provide Roar to phase like you said earlier.

And I really would rather use Spiritomb over Sableye...simply because I like Spiritomb better...I could just as easily give him WoW as well...it just wouldn't be priority like you mentioned with Sableye.

And yea I have realized that they are fairly difficult to run effectively....guess that's why not many people use it XD but I think if I improve my team some that it should be able to function a little better.

ninJAS

Veterans
03-14-2012, 01:04 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2012, 10:38 AM by ninJAS.)
*bump*

Edited my team in the first post Tongue so check it out and give me some thoughts about it if you don't care to.....(I'm looking at you Oscar for your never ending wealth of knowledge about all things Pokemon....)

Also looking into MAYBE putting these Pokemon on my team.....MAYBE..

[Image: 297.png]
Adamant @ Leftovers @ Thick Fat
252 hp, 100 att, 156 def

Knock Off
Whirlwind
Revenge
Fake Out

Provides some rock and fire resistance, knocks off enemy items, phases with whirlwind, and gets some free damage in with fake out.

[Image: 437.png]
Sassy @ Leftovers @ Levitate
252 hp, 252 sp def, 4 def

Stealth Rock
Iron Defense
Gyro Ball
Earthquake

Sets up rocks, has amazing defenses after setting up....rest is only viable recovery though.....then gyro ball for STAB and Equake to deal with fire weakness. Resists fighting and rock.

[Image: 121.png]
Timid @ Leftovers @ Natural Cure
252 sp att, 252 spd, 4 hp-----OR-----252 hp, 156 spd, 100 sp att

Rapid Spin
Recover
Blizzard
Psychic/Psyshock

Fast spinner with reliable recovery, can hit fast and hard and resists fighting and fire.