Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: Mixed tier team
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: Mixed tier team
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
05-25-2013, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 08:21 PM by Hana Song.)
Too many normal types? i would appreciate constructive criticism, recommendations and changes to this team as well as improving my strategy. i have not decided whether to use this team for double or single so i guess it could work as both but might be better for single competitive battling in mixed tiers ( OU at the most )

Smeargle seemed to make for a nice but predictable baton pass lead and helps out Clefable a lot with the boost and ingrain. Clefable should do a nice job utilizing its unique ability Magic Guard.

[Image: 235.gif]
Smeargle @ Shed Shell/Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: 6 Hp / 252 Def / 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
- Baton Pass
- Ingrain
- Spore
- Substitute/Agility

[Image: 036.gif]
Clefable @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Sp. Def
Nature: Careful
- Cosmic Power
- Softboiled
- Belly Drum
- Facade

Politoed's drizzle supports thundurus' thunder and giving hydro pump a big boost plus STAB. thundurus is a fierce sweeper and could also use the boost from baton pass hence the use of nasty plot. however agility is the better choice if the baton pass fails, Thundurus already has excellent special attack.
[Image: 186.gif]
Politoed2 @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Nature:Timid
Evs: 6 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed
Ivs: 31/2/31/30/31/31
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Perish Song
- Focus Blast

[Image: 642-therian.gif]
Thundurus-T @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Modest
Evs: 6 Def / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Sp. Def
Ivs: 31/2/30/31/31/31
- Grass Knot
- Agility/Nasty Plot
- Thunder
- Hidden power [Ice 70]

Dusclops has amazing defenses with the Eviolite and with a Hp recovery move it can make for a nice wall. it should be able to set up trick room easily and safely. Miltank can lower its speed for trick room while dishing out lethal blows and can also recover its Hp. i added hidden power flying to cover fighting type Pokemon but i am not sure if it will help any. toxic or protect may have been better options.

[Image: 356.gif]
Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
Evs: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 6 Sp. Def
Ivs: 31/x/31/x/31/0
- Night Shade
- Trick Room
- Pain Split / Rest
- Will-O-Wisp

[Image: 241.gif]
Miltank @ Iron Ball
Ability: Scrappy
nature Bold
Evs: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 6 Sp. Def
Ivs: 31/31/31/30/30/30
- Hammer Arm
- Seismic toss
- Milk drink
- Hidden Power [Flying 70]

i would have gone with Blissey but Miltank can take advantage of scrappy which could also be used to support Clefable or just to prevent from being walled by ghost types. hammer arm kills rock and steel types while seismic toss hits any Pokemon with consistent damage for a steady win.

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]
Hana Song
DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

PokéDollars: ₪16.92
Registered
05-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Haha, I love Normal-types. I can think of a couple of things to say here, and I love that you're using a Pokémon because of Scrappy, it's actually a decent ability. That being said, I'm struggling to figure out what exactly your aims are with this team. You start it off like a Baton Pass team, but it falls short of being able to accrue a great number of boosts, and a really good receiver. You also feature Trick Room in here too, yet don't go anywhere with that either. I'll help as much as I can, but that's going to be from the vantage point of it being a standard team, no gimmicks. Hopefully they help a little, though. I'll try to keep it as mixed tier as possible, too.

The first thing that jumps out at me is your Miltank, which you said you chose over Blissey due to Scrappy. I get that you're trying to take it in the direction of bulky offensive, but I think it lacks a little on the defensive side than other options. Well, the other option, there's really only one. Kangaskhan has better coverage overall, still decently bulky with 105/80/80 defensive stats, and usable Attack and Speed stats - 95 and 90 respectively. It lacks a recovery move, but with Scrappy it can take good advantage of powerful Normal-type moves without fear of being completely walled by Ghost-types, opening it up to even more choices of items outside of Life Orb and Leftovers, etc. It does get Drain Punch, however, which still gives it some form of recovery - again, being able to hit Ghost-types means that this is more reliable than usual.

[Image: 115.png]
Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf | Scrappy
Adamant | 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
Return | Drain Punch | Fake Out | Sucker Punch

I'm not entirely sure what else to suggest, to be honest, since the general direction of the team isn't too clear at all. You should probably look into that, and take another look at some of the sets you're using - I'm not sure if having 252 SDef EVs on a Scarf Politoed is a typo or what, but check it out.

[Image: VN3xUdv.png]

anxiety trip
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
05-25-2013, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2013, 06:33 PM by medicham.)
(05-25-2013, 03:23 PM)Cyborg Pride Wrote: Haha, I love Normal-types. I can think of a couple of things to say here, and I love that you're using a Pokémon because of Scrappy, it's actually a decent ability. That being said, I'm struggling to figure out what exactly your aims are with this team. You start it off like a Baton Pass team, but it falls short of being able to accrue a great number of boosts, and a really good receiver. You also feature Trick Room in here too, yet don't go anywhere with that either. I'll help as much as I can, but that's going to be from the vantage point of it being a standard team, no gimmicks. Hopefully they help a little, though. I'll try to keep it as mixed tier as possible, too.

The first thing that jumps out at me is your Miltank, which you said you chose over Blissey due to Scrappy. I get that you're trying to take it in the direction of bulky offensive, but I think it lacks a little on the defensive side than other options. Well, the other option, there's really only one. Kangaskhan has better coverage overall, still decently bulky with 105/80/80 defensive stats, and usable Attack and Speed stats - 95 and 90 respectively. It lacks a recovery move, but with Scrappy it can take good advantage of powerful Normal-type moves without fear of being completely walled by Ghost-types, opening it up to even more choices of items outside of Life Orb and Leftovers, etc. It does get Drain Punch, however, which still gives it some form of recovery - again, being able to hit Ghost-types means that this is more reliable than usual.

[Image: 115.png]
Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf | Scrappy
Adamant | 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
Return | Drain Punch | Fake Out | Sucker Punch

I'm not entirely sure what else to suggest, to be honest, since the general direction of the team isn't too clear at all. You should probably look into that, and take another look at some of the sets you're using - I'm not sure if having 252 SDef EVs on a Scarf Politoed is a typo or what, but check it out.

i didn't really have one clear direction for this team so i just mixed them together but initially the main idea was to use Clefable as the receiver for the baton pass and boost its own stats and see what havoc it could wreak. but then i remember without a odor sleuth user Clefable will be completely walled by ghost types not to mention moves that would effect Clefable's ability to use its own moves. probably wasn't the smartest idea to throw everything together in an unorganized team but i wanted to see if Pokemon with totally different goals could work together, but i guess not because they all don't intercommunicate with their moves and stuff to support each other. so maybe i should just make another team, i am just not sure if i can use Clefable with baton pass because the set up seems so unstable, looks like i made it worse haha. oh and sorry for the typo i didn't sleep last night so i am out of it or at least a little bit.

this is the initial and incomplete strategy i had in mind.
Smeargle seemed to make for a nice but predictable baton pass lead and helps out Clefable a lot with the boost and ingrain. Clefable should do a nice job utilizing its unique ability Magic Guard. i was thinking it would be a bad idea to have two Smeargle (yet i could possibly block forced switching with ingrain, put up a sub and or raise some stats and have a speedy safeguard user with some other moves to bypass threats) and make a baton pass chain involving ingrain, although that prevents roar, i am not sure if i can still baton pass without the Shed Shell if i use ingrain. if so that would be nice but it still seems risky to me, after all problems include but are not limited to, stat reducing moves, taunt, torment, imprison, trick, magic room [minor], trick room, heal block, maybe encore, whirlwind and roar [not if ingrain is passed], disable, spite and grudge. i am pretty sure just to be safe i would have to pass on a sub and ingrain, but how could i maintain the sub after it is passed? let alone preventing the baton pass from being broken by all the threats above, i hope i can still find a way to support Clefable. i would gladly switch this team to a function for double battles if it mean't being able to pull of baton pass easier with support moves from a team mate (skill swapping something really useful; magic bounce for instance). anyways, if i get slowed down or if i keep getting wailed on and don't get time to raise my defenses to keep the sub up and then raise my offenses safely and recover then things get hairy. i am thinking i should just trash the strategy because its so unstable, it doesn't seem practical to even run this team and be able to be successful. but if it possible please help me out. i really love the idea of the team but i just don't know if i have what it takes to handle the team. anything is possible but it seems really hard if you ask me. so sorry about wasting your time with this thread, i should have just been clear to start with. thank you for your patience and support i appreciate the help!

[Image: 235.gif]
Smeargle @ Shed Shell/Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 6 Hp / 252 Def / 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
- Baton Pass
- Ingrain
- Spore
- Substitute/Agility

[Image: 036.gif]
Clefable @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Sp. Def
Nature: Careful
- Cosmic Power
- Softboiled
- Belly Drum
- Facade

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: Bug Team 2.0 Joaquin 6 2,044 04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Last Post by Joaquin
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 1,587 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: Rate my Team Fennekin_Fireninja653 6 1,792 01-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Last Post by tylerg1011
  XY: rate my team danny mul 2 1,347 01-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Last Post by danny mul