Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: [Monotype] Electric
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: [Monotype] Electric
Legacy
Resident Metalhead

PokéDollars: ₪25.59
Registered
02-18-2012, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 09:18 PM by Hana Song.)
Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt

I was using this as my lead at the PO server I used to play at. Simply put, it's a pain in the rear end, since even Sableye is outsped by priority Taunt/TWave, thus allowing me a turn to set up (if they switch, then completely unscathed as well). TBolt is STAB, and a good one at that with NP behind it. However this set is COMPLETELY walled by ground types.

Jolteon (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

Jolteon, one of the best pokemon from the first generation. With Timid Nature and Max speed, Jolteon is not easily outsped, reaching 394 speed. Shadow Ball is for Psychic types, TBolt is the essential STAB (preferred for accuracy). Hidden Power [Ice] is for the ground types that would otherwise screw me over, and Signal Beam is just general coverage. Jolteon could do with a set change I think, since it's basically doing the same job as Galvantula. Either that or it needs replacing, probably for something physical

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Pain Split

Rotom-W = Brilliant. Not much to say here, Lefties, Pain Split and 112HP EVs help to keep Rotom going for as long as possible. Max Sp.atk EVs plus Modest gives Rotom more than enough power to dent most pokemon with it's Dual STAB of TBolt and HPump. HP Grass acts as coverage, meaning only dragon-types can actually wall this set.

Electivire (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch

My only physical pokemon (which is worrisome), Electivire packs a heck of a punch. And upon switching into an electric move, it becomes even more dangerous thanks to Motor Drive. Air Balloon prevents any stray Earthquakes from obliterating Electivire on the switch in. EQ is for other electric types, as well as steel/rock types, and is brilliant for surprising Skarmory who may stay in expecting to be safe with Roost. Brick Break is for Blissey/Chansey essentially, as well as for dark types. Wild Charge is a brilliant STAB move. Ice Punch is for coverage, and deals with anything the other moves don't (namely dragons).

Lanturn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 192 Def / 100 SAtk / 176 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

The support pokemon of the team, Lanturn's job is simple. Scald is to cause burns and acts as the first STAB, Toxic for obvious reasons. TBolt is STAB move, and heal bell is as support

Fang (Galvantula) (F) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Bug Buzz

I love this thing so much.

Compoundeyes + STAB Thunder is a must. HP Ice is for dragons who won't expect to be taken down by this spider. Bug Buzz is second STAB, and it actually fits well, reducing the opponents sp.def on occasion. Energy Ball is for ground types (Gliscor/Landorus) who would otherwise be hating on it.

Thoughts and crits are appreciated =]
Mitchell

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
02-18-2012, 06:13 AM
Ahh this is almost exactly like the RMT thread I was working on XD.

One thing, what's the IV's for HP Ice on your Galvantula? Anything too detrimental?
Legacy
Resident Metalhead

Registered
02-18-2012, 06:20 AM
Well this is in PO, so IVs are 31 in all except attack and defence.
Mitchell

Registered
02-18-2012, 06:23 AM
Yeah but even then, Hidden Power will only be Dark Type with max IVs, you're going to have to change them to get HP Ice.
Legacy
Resident Metalhead

Registered
02-18-2012, 06:25 AM
I did say except attack and defence. Those have 30, thus allowing me HP Ice =]
Mitchell

Registered
02-18-2012, 06:30 AM
Opps, sorry about that, must have not read it properly >.< Note to self: Concentrate on one thing at a time. Also, I'll take a deeper look into this at a later date but otherwise it doesn't seem too bad of a team.
Clockwork Soldier
Giggle Protocol

PokéDollars: ₪582.39
Registered
02-18-2012, 06:39 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2012, 06:44 AM by Clockwork Soldier.)
I like you team, and you're strategy. The only thing I don't like is the tiers you're allowed to use it in. Bleh. Ubers. :L
(02-18-2012, 06:09 AM)Solitaire Wrote: Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Pain Split

Rotom-W = Brilliant. Not much to say here, Lefties, Pain Split and 112HP EVs help to keep Rotom going for as long as possible. Max Sp.atk EVs plus Modest gives Rotom more than enough power to dent most pokemon with it's Dual STAB of TBolt and HPump. HP Grass acts as coverage, meaning only dragon-types can actually wall this set.

You might want to think about replacing HPgrass though. Grass doesn't really hit super effective on much. And what it does hit super effective, you're other moves already have covered. Maybe try switching to Ice beam instead. Then, you're also not walled by dragons. Wink

EDIT: Eep, meant to edit. Sorry for double post, people. D':

Nothing to see here
Legacy
Resident Metalhead

Registered
02-18-2012, 10:47 AM
The only uber in my team (from what I can tell) is Thundurus, which I'm looking to replace for exactly that reason (more of an OU/UU man myself. you'll see that in my next RMT). I'm hoping to find a physical replacement rather than a special one as well, so that I'm not walled against special walls if I lose Electivire. Perhaps something with Fire Punch, so that I can take out Scizor and Forretress, which are the only pokemon that are issues in terms of not having anything super effective against them.

HP Grass on Rotom was originally there for other Rotom-W, which were common when I made this team. I could probably run Ice Beam safely on it though.
Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
02-18-2012, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2012, 06:05 PM by Oscar Wilde.)
HP fire or WoW on Rotom-W. Water, electric and grass are not only resisted by dragon, but also by grass.

You also have a huge problem with ferrothorn. Maybe invest in a magnezone or something.

I know you're going to say, "But I have Electivire and Brick Break!"
[Image: scaled.php?server=842&filename=screensho...res=medium]
It's a four hit KO without Leech seed man. Gyro ball is a 2hko.

Also consider putting vital spirit on it. I don't know how many electric type moves you can expect considering it's an electric type team.

It's also kind of unorthodox, but consider Calm Mind Raikou. With mono type teams you want to force your opponent into a situation where the types do not matter. Calm Mind Raikou is scary after a calm mind, and with a sub, it is surprisingly hard to break.

Zapdos is also very good, and can counter Ferrothorn with a heatwave. Also beautiful type symmetry with Rotom-Wash and Magnezone. Something to consider at least.

Zapdos is weak to ice and rock, but is immune to ground and resists grass and fighting.
Magnezone is resists ice, grass and rock, but is weak to ground, fire and fighting.
Rotom-W is immune to ground and resists fire, but is weak to grass.

Good core, right?

Well I hope you take my advice!
Legacy
Resident Metalhead

Registered
02-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Alright I'll switch Thundurus for Zapdos and perhaps Jolteon for Magnezone. Magnezone is actually a perfect candidate with Magnet Pull, since it can clear out any Scizor that can't use/doesn't have Superpower, as well as trapping Forretress and Ferrothorn.

As for the Ferrothorn point, you have me all wrong there. I know how poor Brick Break is on Ferrothorn, especially given how Ferrothorn is a physically defensive behemoth in disguise. With Leech Seed and Iron Barbs, Electivire would have no chance. So I'll use Magnezone. Trap the blighter and remove it with HP Fire.

I'd still rather have another physical attacker, but there aren't very many physical electric types =/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BW: [RMT]Grass Monotype Clockwork Soldier 11 2,077 02-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Last Post by Clockwork Soldier