Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: My UU team
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: My UU team
Rhapsody
has anyone seen my sanity

PokéDollars: ₪79.9
Registered
02-15-2012, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 09:13 PM by Hana Song.)
One of my old UU teams, do you see anything wrong?

Zoroark (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- Night Slash

I hope you don't think this is a typo, or a mistake.

Yes, I'm running a Physical Zoroark. It surprised some people on PO, and will likely cause fatal mistakes later.

Taunt to stop any Pokemon from setting up, as most of the ones that do in UU are likely slower than Zoroark.

U-Turn gets me out of there quickly, and put decent damage on Mespirit leads or just about anything.

Taunt+Sucker Punch. Yeah. I could've used this to kill off that Spiritomb I mentioned above, but.

Shadow Claw for if I'm confident Psychic types can't do anything to me, and for overall damage.

Note that Zoroark is usually disguised as Hitmontop.

Charizard (M) @ Wide Lens
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 152 Def / 104 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Dragon Rush
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Claw
- Sky Drop

Heh. Yeah, I'm running a Physical Charizard, as well. Wide Lens!

I'm running Dragon Rush with Wide Lens. This is great. Now it has better Accuracy, a chance to flinch, and it's also an overall powerful attack.

Flare Blitz for a STAB move that's overall powerful.

Shadow Claw to add to overall damage.

don't really like Sky Drop right now, any suggestions for a replacement move?

Azumarill (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Attract
- Aqua Jet
- Encore
- Protect

A stalling Azumarill. It works very good.

Attract isn't seen much. PokeGenners and people on PO tend to share a common thing- they don't change the gender from the default, male. So, I made my Azumarill female. Attract is doing very well on this set.

Aqua Jet and Huge Power. I may have minimal EVs in Attack, but this still does decent.

Encore to trap anyone trying to set up, or if I predict them setting up, or if they are using an attack doing minimal damage.

Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 236 HP / 164 Def / 108 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Ominous Wind
- Pain Split
- Destiny Bond

A modification of the Pain Split set I suggested to someone on here, that Smogon may or may not have. I didn't check, but this set came from my mind.

Speaking of minds. This thing packs Calm Mind, making it an awesome Special Wall. It also powers up Ominous Wind.

I'd like a replacement for Ominous Wind, by the way. Spiritomb will obviously be staying in for a while, so I need a Special Attack with more PP.

Pain Split to handle any attacks that more damage than I want them to. I can then choose to stay in and attempt to wall them, or switch to somehow who can take it from there.

Destiny Bond for if I predict myself dying.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 Def / 252 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Donphan. I noticed action has this in his UU team.

Note that I hadn't seen his team before I made this.

Basically, go in, set up Stealth Rock, devastate people. Y'know?

I'll just use Rapid Spin to get rid of any entry hazards.

Ice Shard for priority, gets rid of sashes and kills off anyone else.

Earthquake for a STAB Attack.

Hitmontop (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

A Choice Scarfed Hitmontop because I can see where it's Speed can get me in trouble, even though I'm packing both Bullet Punch and Mach Punch.

Sucker Punch rapes pure attackers, especially Gallades.

Bullet Punch and Mach Punch both make use of Technician, I believe. Mach Punch handles Steel types, and a few others. Bullet Punch handles Ghosts that don't resist. Otherwise, I go for Sucker Punch.

Close Combat's secondary effect, to lower your Defense and Sp. Defense stat, doesn't both me or Hitmontop. It already has Defenses that won't exactly permit it to live very long, so.

[Image: tXYu56.png]
ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
02-15-2012, 01:37 PM
For zoroark woouldnt a jolly nature be better since you are running a physical set? That was you don't lower your already weak defences. Other that that the move set looks good.

For Charizrad since you are also running a physical set swords dance is always an option and to replace sky drop you can throw in an earthquake to help counter rock types. Also doesn't a wide lens only increase an attacks accuracy by 10%? If so then dragon rush is still not very accurate 82.5 accuracy I believe? So dragon claw and outrage are still perfectly viable. And if you don't mind me asking the purpose of the split def ev's and nature on him?

Azumarill looks fairly decent as it. But if you are using it as a Staller then you may want to consider adding toxic to the set for some serious damage over time.

Spiritomb is one of my favorite pokemon and I'd suggest switching ominous wind for dark pulse (stronger, can hit normal types, more pp). And since you are boosting his sp def WOW is another
good move to half enemy Att and damage over time.

For donphan....well I hate to break it to you but he is OU not UU so you will need to find something to replace him.

For Hitmontop...a band would be better than a scarf because 3 of your 4 moves are priority so you will be attacking first a lot as is.

Overall your team looks pretty good! Just need to find a replacement for donphan and change a few moves around.

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Rhapsody

Registered
02-15-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm following PO tiers, unless it's OU in both, now.

It used to be UU. :P

Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
02-15-2012, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2012, 04:36 PM by Oscar Wilde.)
Hitmontop should not be carrying Bullet Punch. Steel hits Rock and Ice super effectively. You know what else hits Rock and Ice super effectively? Hitmontop's stab, fighting. Rapid spin or stone edge over it.

Restalk Spiritomb is probably better, as Pain Split is gimmicky recovery at best and unreliable

As Jas said, Donphan is OU now, so you're going to have to replace him. Claydol can use SR and rapid spin, and with Toxic and Earthpower, anything that isn't hit by Toxic is at least hit neutrally with Earthpower with the exception of Skarmory. Which isn't UU anyways. However I would replace him with roserade, you lose Rapid spin but you fix your team breaking problem.

Bulky waters. Suicune in particular walls your team completely, and with Calm mind and Scald, can sweep your team. Azumarrill isn't fast enough to encore it into calm mind/rest, and even if it does that, it can't touch it anyways and Suicune wins the stall war with pressure. Scald beats everything else.

And Cypher it's OU on both.

Also Evs go into Hp and a defensive stat. 252 Hp evs come first on Azumarrill
ninJAS

Veterans
02-29-2012, 07:45 AM
I know this has been sitting for a while but I think I have an idea why he had both Mach punch and bullet punch on the same set even though they hit the same think super effectively....GHOSTS!

The majority of ghosts that switch in on Hitmontop will try and set up a sub then boost and continue doing this till they can sweep. Bullet punch can hit them hard before they have a chance to set up a sub, because most ghosts don't have good defs the attack will hit fairly hard.

So that's the only reason I can think of as to why he had Mach and bullet punch on the same set!

Once again I know this thread has been sitting for a little bit but I just thought of it so I decided to post XD

Rhapsody

Registered
02-29-2012, 05:42 PM
Any suggestions to repalce Donphan and Azumarill?

ninJAS

Veterans
02-29-2012, 05:59 PM
As Oscar mentioned Suicune is a much better...and in my opinion i would replace azumarill with him...

To replace donphan you could use a Claydol for rapid spin/dual screens/support...

My head is hurting right now so I may be able to think of something better latter....and if I do then I'll edit this post..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: Bug Team 2.0 Joaquin 6 2,049 04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Last Post by Joaquin
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 1,593 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: Rate my Team Fennekin_Fireninja653 6 1,795 01-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Last Post by tylerg1011
  XY: rate my team danny mul 2 1,353 01-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Last Post by danny mul