Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: My first RU team
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: My first RU team
Windy
Lady of the Wind

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
05-29-2013, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 08:18 PM by Hana Song.)
Let me start of by saying I have never played RU before, I've only played UU and a bit of Ubers. So I pretty much I have idea what I'm doing. I have tested this team for the past two days and it is 7-3 so far, the biggest threats I can say our Gallade and Sceptile depending on their sets of course. So any suggestions? Smile

My team
Spoiler:
[Image: 199.gif]
Slowqueen (Slowking) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

[Image: 479.gif]
Photon (Rotom) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Volt Switch

[Image: 36.gif]
Cleffa (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

[Image: 107.gif]
Manny (Hitmonchan) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- ThunderPunch

[Image: 211.gif]
Slim (Qwilfish) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

[Image: 254.gif]
Axel (Sceptile) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake

[Image: 54vtpl.jpg]
Nammm3
Pokémon Gamer

Registered
06-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Since the user/moderator, 'Vanquish' (even though I thought 'ninjAs' was the moderator of this forum), literally vanquished my last post and said it ''contributes nothing to the thread nor the forum'' and I need to make my posts more ''constructive and insightfightful'' and calling my last post a form of ''spam''...

Like I said on that post, your Sceptile is deadly! To further abbreviate, I like how you gave the Sceptile the Flying Gem which triples the the neutral 55 power of the move Acrobatics. It's also further more intimidating how every move compliments your Sceptile's nature- all physical attack moves rather than special attack moves.

My only suggestion would be, why not have just one powerful special attack move such as Leaf Storm because you'll be in a bind if you battle someone that has a RU pokemon who specializes in Defense than Special Defense. Example: Steelix or Aggron, holding the Rindo Berry (weakens the foe's super effective grass-type move), or a Dusknoir.
Hana Song
DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

PokéDollars: ₪16.92
Registered
06-12-2013, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013, 05:15 PM by Hana Song.)
I don't play much RU, but I can try to help, at least. Seems like a pretty solid team overall, especially with Hitmonchan being able to take on an amazing amount of the usual threats that a team like this would encounter, but I think I see a couple of Pokémon that may end up giving you some trouble.

A combination of Golurk and Absol will be able to give you some trouble, especially if Hitmonchan is weakened beforehand. Even if not, a Golurk with as few as 100 EVs in HP can survive an Ice Punch from full HP - 252Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Hitmonchan (+Atk) Ice Punch vs 100HP/0Def Golurk (Neutral): 84% - 99% (290 - 342 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO - which is enough to give you a solid punch back, especially with a more tanky Choice Band set. Though uncommon, Rock Polish sets can even eliminate the Speed advantage that Hitmonchan has, and even end up threatening to outspeed your Rotom if it can boost enough.

Meanwhile, Absol sets up on Clefable and Qwilfish (if using Substitute and prediction), and punches some pretty nasty holes in your team all-around. Slowking can do pretty well in preventing this, but with a lower Def stat it's not going to be doing much in terms of defending against boosted Sucker Punches.

Opposing Sceptile are going to be giving you a hard enough time, especially when used alongside Fraxure to do some mean damage. I prefer a Naive nature on my Sceptile sets, as do many people, and your own Sceptile won't be able to defend at all against those. Same goes for Hitmonchan, and Sceptile muscling its way past Qwilfish is a simple task of switching out a couple of times. The real threat there comes from mixed sets, however, with moves such as Leaf Storm and Giga Drain not being crippled by Intimidate - yeah, not super-effective against Qwilfish due to its secondary typing, but the sheer power of Leaf Force is more than enough to muscle through with ease - 4SpAtk Life Orb Overgrow Sceptile (Neutral) Leaf Storm vs 252HP/0SpDef Qwilfish (Neutral): 99% - 116% (331 - 390 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 94% chance to OHKO.

As far as improvements go, there are a few set changes that I can suggest that I can see doing some good. I'll post those below, as they're not really worth typing out in this main piece. Something really needs to be done about the things that threaten you, however, and I think I know what to suggest. I suggest using Ferroseed > Clefable. The incredible bulk that it can bring to the team, as well as its amazing typing, can work just as well in RU as its evolution in OU, and protect against a good number of threats too. Fraxure's main STAB is useless against it, taking damage every turn it attacks from Iron Barbs, and any that try to boost through Dragon Dance find doom at the hands of Ferroseed's Gyro Ball. Sceptile that don't carry Hidden Power [Fire] are hit hard also, and even with the move it won't be doing much due to its low power. Absol's Sucker Punch takes a hit in power, and Ferroseed fears only Superpower in return. Same story with Golurk too. In my opinion, it does a lot more for the rest of the team than Clefable can offer itself, and synergises amazingly well with Slowking especially.

I hope that's some help. I'll add a set and some small moveset changes that I think may help just below here. Like I said, I don't play much RU at all, but I think I can help anyway in some way. Good luck with the team.
  • [Image: 199.png] Scald > Surf.
  • [Image: 479.png] 4 HP EV > 4 SDef EV.
  • [Image: 107.png] 4 HP EV > 4 SDef EV.
  • [Image: 254.png] Naive > Adamant.
[Image: 597.png]
Ferroseed @ Eviolite | Iron Barbs
Relaxed | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef | 0 Spd
Stealth Rock | Leech Seed | Protect | Gyro Ball

And that is how you rate a team, ladies and gents.

[Image: VN3xUdv.png]

anxiety trip
Windy
Lady of the Wind

Registered
06-16-2013, 02:44 AM
I have updated this team slightly, Sceptile has been changed to Naive nature I've found it way more useful.

I'll try that Ferroseed set and test it out later today. Thank you for your suggestions Shock. Smile

[Image: 54vtpl.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: Bug Team 2.0 Joaquin 6 2,162 04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Last Post by Joaquin
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 1,691 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: Rate my Team Fennekin_Fireninja653 6 1,929 01-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Last Post by tylerg1011
  XY: rate my team danny mul 2 1,451 01-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Last Post by danny mul