Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: NU | Defense = Offense
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: NU | Defense = Offense
FormerOG767
Cogito ergo sum

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
05-03-2013, 05:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 08:25 PM by Hana Song.)
So, pretty much my first attempt at NU. I love it <3 I've already placed a few of the replay videos in the thread for that stuffs, so some of you may have seen it. Some of these are typical Smogon Pokes, but some are my own custom doodads. Big Grin

[Image: 241.gif]
Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink
- Body Slam
- Toxic

MilTANK. Typical Smogon set. EV spread allows for it to take physical and special attacks the same. Toxic obviously allows me to whittle down the opposing team's health, while Heal Bell allow me to erase status from my own team. Milk Drink allows her to stay alive foreva. Also, Sap Sipper allows for safe transitions between Whiscash and Miltank, and making Body Slam even more threatening. Yeah. All dat.

[Image: 340.gif]
Whiscash @ Life Orb
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 212 Def / 252 SAtk / 44 Spd
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Rest

Rather than taking advantage of it's natural +2 Attack > Sp. Attack, I like a surprise factor. For some reason, people think Whiscash should always be an attacker. It hardly makes a difference >.< This set also allows me to have coverage in an Ice-type move for those pesky Dragon types, namely Dragonair. That's really the only reason for this. Otherwise, it WRECKS the opposition. Rest allows it to stay in the game a bit longer. Silly people like to put up Rain Dance sometimes. Those silly people meet my Whiscash, and find he has a will to live. Miltank is this fish's best friend <3

[Image: 348.gif]
Armaldo @ Lum Berry
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Another Smogony Poke. Except, Superpower coverage works surprisingly well. Every once in a while, there's a stupid bulky Normal type (Miltank) that doesn't mind Earth Power from Whiscash or Energy Ball from Cradily. This is my reason for having this move. I also hate critical hits, so I use Battle Armor as priority over Swift Swim. My Rapid Spinner is fully capable of pulling of sweeps, believe it or not, giving reason for Swords Dance. Lum Berry allows him to laugh at Willy or Toxic users then kill them. :3

[Image: 346.gif]
Cradily @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Energy Ball
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Yeah. You're probably rubbing your eyes right now. Hidden Power Rock? I know. Crazy. But, here's the reasoning. Armaldo has a physical rock type move; I was actually in need of a special rock type move. There aren't so many that Cradily learns, and Ancientpower isn't so appealing to me. It surprises most people, and it is STAB. This is also one of my bulkiest Pokemon because it is my Stealth Rocks user, which is the same reason it has Recover. Yeah. All that stuff. It's pretty good Big Grin Also, Storm Drain makes it Armaldo's best friend! <3<3<3 If I have Armaldo out and fear a Water-type attack, I'll switch in and have the possibility to strengthen up my moves. And strengthening is something they could really use. :/

[Image: 093.gif]
Haunter @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

A straight up attacker. I figured, I know the speed of most Pokemon; also, Haunter is so very, very weak. It's not going to survive a hit anyways. If I need to switch to a bulky Pokemon, then I shall. This gives me a lot of coverage, and I'm able to make my opponents faint in one hit almost every single time. Yeah... Not much more to say Tongue

[Image: 518.gif]
Musharna @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
Bold Nature
- Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Signal Beam

Ohhoho. Do not give me the chance to set up. Stored Power, along with Barrier and Calm Mind, allows me to send any Pokemon bar Dark-types to their graves. Signal Beam allows me to hit the Dark-types. It's so bulky, it's not going down so easily. Also, once it has a chance to set up, it is invincible.

That's my life story. So, let me know what an idiot I am, or whatever you will Smile

Steal us! :3
Spoiler:
Haunter @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink
- Body Slam
- Toxic

Whiscash @ Life Orb
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 212 Def / 252 SAtk / 44 Spd
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Rest

Cradily @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Energy Ball
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Musharna @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
Bold Nature
- Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Signal Beam

Armaldo @ Lum Berry
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

[img=0x200]http://i.imgur.com/7yWZOgj.png[/img]
Thanks to FPB for the signature and avatar~

Check out my ASB profile! (or not... either way, it's there Tongue)

My FC is 0130-2313-2579; Let me know yours!
DerpyDerp
Refreshing pages

Registered
05-03-2013, 05:45 AM
Well the one I'm the most scared about is wiscash and miltank for being general - nop won't get ban the other 4 or kind of ... unusual and it would be a good idea to get attract on that miltank xD

And I would actually like to see your Musharna against *inset bulky UN dark type pokemon here* and haunter well ... you know what ? I'M CHALLENGIN YOU TO A DUEL !!1 even tough I have no NU pokemons only a weird weird and mostly weird ON team that won't win against any gym leaders on this forum ...

[Image: Dj10a.gif]
[Image: eXVZu.gif] Aren't they majestic!
Hana Song
DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

PokéDollars: ₪16.92
Registered
05-03-2013, 06:06 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013, 08:28 AM by Hana Song.)
That's not really a team rate, DerpyDerp. The only suggestion you made was Attract, which is a gimmick strategy at best - it's even harder to get right ever since Pokémon Showdown! and Pokémon Online started randomising the genders for Pokémon if you don't set them yourself, which people usually don't do themselves.

I'm not a huge player of NU - I'm mainly OU and UU myself - so this is probably going to be a pretty useless post from me. Seems as though you could have some trouble against opposing bulky or stall teams, I can see Audino being able to wall and heal off status and damage unless you can KO it with your Armaldo. Golurk too seems as if it could be pretty troublesome despite being a more offensive Pokémon - moves powered up by Iron Fist are going to rip through you.

I think adding a more offensive and fast-paced Pokémon over Armaldo would be the best course of action for you - even stall teams need something to help with the clean-up, I know that better than most - so I'm going to suggest a Choice Scarf Braviary in place of it. Only one Choice Pokémon on your team is still great, and the solid four-member defensive core you have there (Miltank, Cradily, Whiscash and Musharna) is more than enough to support the other two. You lose a Rapid Spin user, but I think the extra Speed and immediate power Braviary can bring to the team will end up being more beneficial.

[Image: 628.png]
Braviary @ Choice Scarf | Defiant
Jolly | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Brave Bird | Return | Superpower | U-turn

[Image: VN3xUdv.png]

anxiety trip
FormerOG767
Cogito ergo sum

Registered
05-03-2013, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013, 08:51 AM by FormerOG767.)
Well. I took the Pokemon change suggestion :3 So far it's working well. Although I didn't really do the suggested set. Here's what I went with:

[Image: 628.gif]
Braviary (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

You're right, refreshing tanks are really a problem if my powerhouses are fainted. I haven't encountered Audino yet, but I figured I could do a change. Armaldo wasn't really a strong piece of the team anyway. However, Golurk isn't a problem at all for me. Cradily, which is usually the one to face Golurk, can take at least two No Guard Dynamicpunches after Leftover recovery, and after two Energy Balls they usually retreat. Also, Whiscash and Haunter can easily OHKO it. This is why instead of Return I am using Rock Slide, to keep coverage. If it becomes a problem, I'll change it.

I also never have a problem with stat reduction, so Defiant isn't really an ideal ability when he has such a nicer one: Sheer Force. And since it's already speedy enough with full speed EVs and Choice Scarf, it really appreciates the Adamant nature.

[img=0x200]http://i.imgur.com/7yWZOgj.png[/img]
Thanks to FPB for the signature and avatar~

Check out my ASB profile! (or not... either way, it's there Tongue)

My FC is 0130-2313-2579; Let me know yours!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: JAS Using Hyper Offense...lol? ninJAS 0 878 10-28-2014, 08:22 AM
Last Post by ninJAS
  BW: RMT: All Offense! Oscar Wilde 5 930 04-26-2012, 07:47 AM
Last Post by Hana Song