Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: OU tier double battle team
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: OU tier double battle team
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
05-27-2013, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 08:19 PM by Hana Song.)
[Image: 251.gif]
Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
Evs: 126 Def / 6 Sp. Atk / 126 Sp. Def / 252 Speed
Or
6 Hp / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed
Or
252 Hp / 6 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed

Ivs: 31/0/31/31/31/31
- Skill Swap
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain

[Image: 464.gif]
Rhyperior @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rock Solid
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 96 Hp /252 Atk /162 Speed
Ivs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice punch
- Megahorn

[Image: 186.gif]
Politoed2 @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Nature:Timid
Evs: 6 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed
Ivs: 31/2/31/30/31/31
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Perish Song
- Focus Blast

[Image: 642-therian.gif]
Thundurus-T @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Modest
Evs: 6 Def / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Sp. Def
Ivs: 31/2/30/31/31/31
- Grass Knot
- Agility
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice 70]

[Image: 065.gif]
Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature:timid
Evs: /Sp. Atk / 252 speed
Ivs: 31/0/31/31/31/31 or (for hidden power) 31/2/31/30/30/31
- Skill Swap
- Protect
- Psychic
- charge Beam/ Hidden Power [fire 70]

[Image: 289.gif]
Slaking @ Life Orb
Ability: Truant
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 6 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Ivs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
- Double Edge
- Protect
- Night Slash
- Brick Break/Low Kick/ Fire Punch

i hope this is not too bothersome to read through, because i tried to be detailed and thorough. please be wary of strange errors. i made this without any sleep and this is the 3rd day. i might sleep today Big Grin

the main purpose of this team is to able to utilize skill swap and not totally rely on it at the same time, that is why i used only two Pokemon with skill swap and not 3 because that would be half of my team right there, even though skill swap only takes up one slot it would still make for a unbalanced strategy. i mostly used special attackers and all sweepers to build this team even though i could make some deadly tanks with skill swap or maybe even without it or even worse with both skill swap and awesome tank Pokemon, but instead i just threw this together with a dash of hope that it just might work. i would start of with either Slaking and Alakazam or Celebi and Rhyperior. i am not sure which Evs i should use for celebi but i know speed is a priority. if i use nasty plot i might want to focus on defenses or Hp to be safe because my special attacks will do heavy damage even to resisting types after just one nasty plot, but then again i could do that much more damage if i focus on special attack Evs. as for Alakazam i think i should go with charge beam because it seems like it could really help out more than hidden power fire, even when it comes to steel types, particularly because of the chance of a special attack boost. i put protect on slaking just in case i want to wall whatever Pokemon i drop truant on. Alakazam is fast and seems like a good partner with Slaking because it can remove truant quickly and is a decent special attack sweeper on it's own. slaking will be more than enough to cover for physical attacks for Alakazam. i do not expect Rhyperior to last but i gave him so heavy weapons just in case he does, i also equipped him with the focus sash just in case some critical hit priority move or something gets a 1HKO before i use skill swap. once Celebi gets solid rock it can get to setting up for or just put out some heavy damage despite no effective moves against steel types (does 1.95 times damage to steel types after one nasty plot and does .975 times damage to steel types without nasty plot). Giga-drain is the middle ground of recovery and STAB for Celebi, that is why i chose it instead of a regular STAB move or Hp recovery move that might waste a slot. Politoed can do some damage on its own but is mostly there to support Thundurus's thunder accuracy. if need be i can replenish the rain by using skill swap but i probably won't. Thundurus is great on his own but even better in the rain and should serve as an excellent sweeper, not to mention the STAB on thunder. i would use nasty plot with Thundurus but that is overkill and could waste a turn that should used to speed him up, it has great special attack on its own anyways. i gave slaking a STAB move, a move to wall, a move against ghost types and a move for steel and sometimes rock types. i would use low kick but i am not sure if that is the best idea because not all steel types are heavy (light metal and the float stone are unlikely but still possibilities). Durant and some lower tier steel types are problems for low kick but Durant is the most threatening because it is light and resist all of Slaking's current attacks except for brick break. but none the less low kick and fire punch are viable options next to brick break. 2/3 of my items would be life orbs if i give Alakazam the life orb, i am not sure what else to give Alakazam to give it a boost, so i will just go with the life orb for now. barely any Hp recovery and all these life orbs seems like a really bad idea to me.

i should make an uber tier version of this team if this team comes out awesome. i can see it now... giving Palkia or some beast swift swim with Kyogre running drizzle. both of them get STAB and a boost from the rain so that is already 2.25 times damage for water moves and more if super effective. if a weather changer pops up i can use a back up skill swap user to keep it going. that is four Pokemon already. although i would not want to use 3 skill swap users in one team unless one of them is uber on its own like Lugia (that would be the one i use to reset drizzle and perhaps pass on multiscale to another Pokemon) so one skill swap user for drizzle and multiscale, another for swift swim and the other Pokemon can be receivers and independent sweepers.i would prefer to use Palkia because it gets STAB, has only has one weakness, is uber and would greatly benefit from receiving swift swim. but other Pokemon could also use swift swim even without the STAB. not to mention all the other many possible combos that can be pulled off with skill swap, uber Pokemon with uber abilities should make for a nice combination in that tier. so many possibilities!

Kyogre (drizzle) + Lugia skill swap (multiscale) or Celebi skill swap (for more coverage against electric types)
Kingdra or Ludicolo (swift swim) + Mewtwo skill swap

Mewtwo would pass on swift swim to one of the last to already uber Pokemon while Lugia or Mewtwo could both keep drizzle going. but if drizzle fails the already uber Pokemon and Mewtwo and maybe the other should still do okay. i am still not sure what those Pokemon should be. any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, especially if i can still get STAB from the last two Pokemon.

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
05-28-2013, 12:06 AM
actually using protect to wall is a bad idea unless it's worth the turn lost from receiving truant

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

Nammm3
Pokémon Gamer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
06-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Jeez, i read through your strategies after seeing those pokémon, remind me to only continue to trade with you and not battle you >_<
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
06-11-2013, 08:01 PM
(06-11-2013, 07:48 PM)Nammm3 Wrote: Jeez, i read through your strategies after seeing those pokémon, remind me to only continue to trade with you and not battle you >_<

i am actually fixing this one up right now. i saw how much better it could be and so i am adding more combos that take less set up and turns to do and they should be much more effective too. so i am just going to let this thread collect dust, unless i use it for reference

Nammm3
Pokémon Gamer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
06-11-2013, 08:03 PM
(06-11-2013, 08:01 PM)gavisaurusrex Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 07:48 PM)Nammm3 Wrote: Jeez, i read through your strategies after seeing those pokémon, remind me to only continue to trade with you and not battle you >_<

i am actually fixing this one up right now. i saw how much better it could be and so i am adding more combos that take less set up and turns to do and they should be much more effective too. so i am just going to let this thread collect dust, unless i use it for reference

Lol, nice. Well at least this thread kind of unveiled something more to you now than learning it the hard way through battling against someone
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
06-11-2013, 08:09 PM
(06-11-2013, 08:03 PM)Nammm3 Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 08:01 PM)gavisaurusrex Wrote:

Lol, nice. Well at least this thread kind of unveiled something more to you now than learning it the hard way through battling against someone

exactly. i was busy completing my trainer card and doing other stuff, but now that i am done. i can actually start testing teams after drafting them and having them reviewed

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: Bug Team 2.0 Joaquin 6 2,145 04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Last Post by Joaquin
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 1,682 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: Rate my Team Fennekin_Fireninja653 6 1,914 01-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Last Post by tylerg1011
  XY: rate my team danny mul 2 1,442 01-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Last Post by danny mul