Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: RMT - A work in progress
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: RMT - A work in progress
Bordeaux
Shoe Connoisseur

PokéDollars: ₪11.77
Registered
05-18-2012, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 09:00 PM by Hana Song.)
This is a team i'm trying out, I would like to know what you guys think about it. All advice is 100% helpful.

[Image: 479-wash.png]
Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

[Image: 232.png]
Donphan (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Roar
- Earthquake

[Image: 640.png]
Virizion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

[Image: 385.png]
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Thunder
- Protect

[Image: 637.png]
Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Substitute

[Image: 149.png]
Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Roost

Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
05-18-2012, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2012, 09:34 PM by Oscar Wilde.)
Toxic Spikes with ParaJirachi? That's bad, you're essentially working against yourself, decide on a status you want to focus upon. Anyways without hard stall, Tentacruel doesn't really work to maximum efficiency.

Speaking of Tentacruel, why are you running rain dish? That's pointless without rain, and believe it or not, not everyone runs DrizToed. Liquid Ooze is better anyways, unless you're one of those Protect+ToxiCruels in the rain. Liquid Ooze discourages Conk and allows you to take leech seeds and is generally better.

You have a problem with Banded Terrakion. I don't need to do a calc to know that he Ohko's/2hkos outspeeds every member on this team. Also to a lesser extent, you have a problem with Darminitan and other really powerful attackers, like Haxorus. However, this is a problem with hyper offensive teams in general, and yours is no different. You're kind of frail.

Glad to see Virizion is catching on. I use that set too. :-D

Scizor needs 252 Hp evs

Suggestions if you choose to go with Paralyze (I recommend this, better status for offense)

-Change Hydreigon to Parashuffle D-Nite, which works well with Jirachi and spread paralyze
-Change Body Slam to Thunder on Jirachi, allows you to defeat Skarmory, also Protect instead of SR
-Change Volcarona to a Substitute set, allows you to abuse substitute and paralyze
-Change Tentacruel to Donphan, who sets up Stealth Rocks and is a decent spinner. Works well with Paralyze and is more offensive than Cruel.
-Replace Scizor with Rotom-W, Gyarados, or Slowbro depending on your tastes in pokemon and style of play

Suggestions for Poison (Better for Stall Tbh)

-Change Jirachi to Celebi or Ferrothorn, a Leech seed variant, perhaps with heal bell for celebi
-Change Volc to MixApe, Maintain Offense presence better.
-Change to Hydreigon to Latios, Stronger pokemon in general
- Virizion to wish passing blissey, works great with toxic spikes
Bordeaux
Shoe Connoisseur

Registered
05-18-2012, 09:56 PM
(05-18-2012, 09:29 PM)Oscar Wilde Wrote: Suggestions if you choose to go with Paralyze (I recommend this, better status for offense)

-Change Hydreigon to Parashuffle D-Nite, which works well with Jirachi and spread paralyze
-Change Body Slam to Thunder on Jirachi, allows you to defeat Skarmory, also Protect instead of SR
-Change Volcarona to a Substitute set, allows you to abuse substitute and paralyze
-Change Tentacruel to Donphan, who sets up Stealth Rocks and is a decent spinner. Works well with Paralyze and is more offensive than Cruel.
-Replace Scizor with Rotom-W, Gyarados, or Slowbro depending on your tastes in pokemon and style of play

Based on past experiences i'd have to say that paralysis works better for me. I never was that good at stalling. If I were to use Rotom-W what set would you preferably run? In my experienes with it i could never find out how to correctly use it and I'm willing to give it a try.
Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
05-19-2012, 12:32 AM
The bulky attacker set on smogon. You can switch Will-o-wisp to thunder wave if you want.
Bordeaux
Shoe Connoisseur

Registered
05-19-2012, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2012, 09:42 AM by Bordeaux.)
Update: Suggested changes have been made.

@Oscar - Thank you for the advice.

Please continue to rate as it is all helpful. Thank You.

EDIT: I've tested this team out abit and I think i really need a cleric. Opposing status inducers give me problems.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 1,593 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: RMT 6th Gen [OU] Cujo 12 3,526 02-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Last Post by Cujo
  XY: RMT - Gen VI NU? Ombra 0 844 11-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Last Post by Ombra
  BW: RMT - UU Bordeaux 3 1,038 11-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Last Post by danny mul