Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: RMT - Drought
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: RMT - Drought
Bordeaux
Shoe Connoisseur

PokéDollars: ₪11.77
Registered
05-20-2012, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 08:59 PM by Hana Song.)
Yesterday I was bored so I decided to make a sun team.. After i few minutes of throwing things around (and help from Forameus) I put this together and it's actually working quite well.

[Image: 038.png]
Ninetales (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

[Image: 113.png]
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

[Image: 232.png]
Donphan (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

[Image: 071.png]
Victreebel (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 120 Atk / 136 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Leaf Blade
- Weather Ball
- Growth
- Hidden Power [Ice]

[Image: 488.png]
Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 64 SAtk / 16 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight

[Image: 392.png]
Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

Tell me what you think.
Hana Song
DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

PokéDollars: ₪16.92
Registered
05-20-2012, 12:14 PM
(05-20-2012, 11:43 AM)Bordeaux Wrote:
[Image: 038.png]
Ninetales (M) @ Life Orb
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Generic power set, but has problems like all of them. First off, although Solarbeam seems promising, being an immediate 120 BP move of a type helpful to sun-based teams, having it on a set is, in many cases, a big mistake. With rain being the dominant weather in OU, Ninetales fears a switch-in from a Politoed, powering down Ninetales' STAB moves dramatically, as well as downgrading Solarbeam's BP from 120 to a meager 60, as well as adding in the charge turn. This won't do much damage to Politoed at all, and chances are your weather-inducer would be given a good kicking around, being locked into Solarbeam for a turn. You want to win the weather war. This is not the way to do it.

Secondly, your choice of Hidden Power. I can only guess that you chose Ground-type to counter opposing Fire-types, as Solarbeam and Fire Blast will take care of everything else that it hits easily. This means that you'll have nothing to hit Dragon-types for good damage - true, you may do some good damage due to Fire Blast being forced into hitting neutrally, but a Dragonite would freely be able to switch into you without fear. You do have Will-o-Wisp, so that's not a huge threat, but it would be able to get off at least one Dragon Dance, and other sets such as a ParaShuffler, mixed or special set wouldn't care much about a burn at all.

If you want to keep it as a more offensive set, then I'd recommend Energy Ball over Solarbeam, and Hidden Power Ice over your current choice of Ground, or Fighting if you fear Tyranitar. Alternatively, you could choose to run a Sunny Day set, ruining any Politoed's hopes of winning the weather war by switching in and changing the weather. This will also allow you to keep Solarbeam on your set with less fear than currently.

Sets:
Spoiler:
Ninetales (F) @ Life Orb
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Hidden Power [Fighting]

Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SAtk / 148 Spd
- Sunny Day
- SolarBeam
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp/Protect

[Image: 113.png]
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Nothing much to say here apart from "I told you so". Chansey managed to shrug off some ridiculous attacks in relative comfort. Not a huge fan of not having entry hazards on a Chansey (for some reason), but that's your choice to make relative to how you play. The only possible change I could suggest would be to remove Softboiled to make way for Protect, but they both work fine.

[Image: 232.png]
Donphan (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

You seem weak to Dragon-types in general, having no Steel-type Pokémon on your team. To help with this, I can suggest two things. One, replace Roar here with Ice Shard - it will help to finish off any Dragonite that switch in and have their Multiscale broken (though I'm not exactly sure how much damage it would do). The other would be to replace Donphan entirely with Forretress - it does the same job, but would bring a much needed resistance to Dragon-type attacks to your team. Even though it's as weak to Fire-types as it can get already, that doesn't exactly matter - it's going to die if it's hit with that type of move anyway.

Apart from that, you're missing 4 EVs. Put them in Speed.

[Image: 071.png]
Victreebel (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 120 Atk / 136 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Leaf Blade
- Weather Ball
- Growth
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Again, I told you so. Glad that you took my advice on using Victreebel over Venusaur. I also apologise if Victreebel doesn't learn Power Whip - I hadn't used it for a while when I recommended it to you last night. Leaf Blade's probably better overall, though, and it wouldn't really matter a whole lot after one Growth anyway.

[Image: 488.png]
Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 64 SAtk / 16 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight

Haven't played with Cresselia much, and not for a long time, so I don't really have much to say here. I do know how good it is under the sun, though. All I can suggest here is replacing Psychic with something else, as it's really not a good offensive type at all. You shouldn't really fear Fighting-types with this set anyway, so there's not much point in having it. Regarding what to replace it with, I'm not entirely sure. You could go for Thunder Wave for more status, which would help with the set overall, or something like Energy Ball for coverage. You could even go with Charge Beam for the BoltBeam coverage, of sorts.

[Image: 392.png]
Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

Actually nothing to say here. MixApe is great, and it beats both Skarmory and Blissey/Chansey. Still one of the best wallbreakers in the game, though it's dropping in usage.

Overall, nice team, and I can see how it would be successful. Pokémon that I'd recommend just because of their usefulness on sun teams would be Sawsbuck and Volcarona, but it's looking fine as it is, so they'd be pretty low on the list of priorities. Give the things I've suggested a think over - I actually know what I'm doing with sun teams, happily.

[Image: VN3xUdv.png]

anxiety trip
Bordeaux
Shoe Connoisseur

Registered
05-20-2012, 12:39 PM
I'll try out the Hidden Power Ice on Ninetails. I used Hidden Power Ground to cover the occasional Heatran if it's not carrying Air Balloon. Which did give me problems with Dragonite on that set.

Thanks for pointing out the Evs in Donphan. I may opt to use Ice Shard over Roar. I use Roar for pokemon that try to set up. The coverage that Ice gets against Dragons is also helpful too. I'll try it out.

I kept Pyschic on Cresselia as I was having issues with Gengar and to take out bulky fighting types. I think i'll opt for charge beam, due to BoltBeam's great coverage.
Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
05-20-2012, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2012, 02:03 PM by Oscar Wilde.)
A sun team without Heatran.

This is .... interesting.
Bordeaux
Shoe Connoisseur

Registered
05-20-2012, 02:08 PM
(05-20-2012, 01:51 PM)Oscar Wilde Wrote: A sun team without Heatran.

This is .... interesting.

Heatran was heavily considered when making this team. I just opted for a different approach.
Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
05-20-2012, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2012, 02:29 PM by Oscar Wilde.)
You may want to reconsider, without Heatran, how will you deal with Volcarona? While the sun does power up your fire type moves, it's a double edged sword, meaning that normal resistances don't really work. Your team is pretty weak to opposing sun teams, your fire resistances are pokemon that have no defensive evs.

Plus Heatran is a steel type, which resists your flying weakness and has the always necessary dragon resistance.

Also you want to replace Chansey with Blissey, especially because you're carrying wish protect. Wish Protect blissey takes hits that are about 40% of it's health better than Chansey takes those hits, thanks to lefties and protect. Anything larger than 40% of Chansey's health is dangerously close to 2hko range anyways.

Energy ball is superior to Solarbeam tbh. People switch their weather starters in on solarbeam, and then either KO you if they're faster, or switch out to a grass resist before you can hit them with it.
Bordeaux
Shoe Connoisseur

Registered
05-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Good point about Heatran as Volcarona's have giving me some issue once it set up. Who do you think i should replace for a Heatran?

I made the change from Solarbeam to Energy Ball. Thank you for reminding me to fix the first post.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 1,593 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: RMT 6th Gen [OU] Cujo 12 3,526 02-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Last Post by Cujo
  XY: RMT - Gen VI NU? Ombra 0 844 11-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Last Post by Ombra
  BW: RMT - UU Bordeaux 3 1,038 11-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Last Post by danny mul