Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: [RMT] Insert Rain-related Pun Here  
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: [RMT] Insert Rain-related Pun Here
Hana Song
DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

PokéDollars: ₪16.92
Registered
04-11-2012, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 09:00 PM by Hana Song.)
Stall is by far my favourite play style, and it helps that I'm also pretty handy with those kinds of teams. For some reason, I'd never made a rain stall team before this one - I'd gone with weatherless teams with the GastroCeleTran core, which I loved. I started making this team about a month ago now, and I think I'm in a good place with it - I'm comfortable using it, and I enjoy using it.

Nothing fancy here, this isn't Smogon, so I'm just going to post the sets and be done with it - I'll maybe add some descriptions another day. I've been thinking about posting this on Smogon, but I'm not too sure, so I'd like your opinions first.

[Image: 186.gif]

Politoed (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 64 SAtk / 40 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Perish Song
- Protect

[Image: 598.gif]

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

[Image: 113.gif]

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

[Image: 465.gif]

Tangrowth (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Sleep Powder
- Power Whip
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute

[Image: 073.gif]

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Protect
- Rapid Spin

[Image: 149.gif]

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Hurricane
- Aqua Tail
- ExtremeSpeed
- Roost

Hopefully, I'll post it on Smogon whenever I have enough spare time to write out a large RMT, but I'm kinda nervous about that - I don't really like looking like a noob when I post things like this.

This team inadvertently ended up having two green Pokémon, two pink and two blue, completely by accident. This pleases the OCD inside me.

[Image: VN3xUdv.png]

anxiety trip
ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
04-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Overall Vex this looks like a very well balanced, well structured team.

It does have 3 electric weaknesses but it's a rain team so what do you expect? XD

One suggestion I want to throw your direction though is that since you are running 3 different types of status (Toxic/TSpikes, Twave, and Sleep Power), and since you are running a stall team then you might want to consider running Knock Off on one of your Pokemon (I'm looking at Tangrowth) to remove your opponents items so that you will be able to stall them more effectively.

But then again I am a HUGE fan of Knock Off so I might be a little biased XD

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Hana Song

Registered
04-11-2012, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2012, 03:26 PM by Hana Song.)
Three Electric-type weaknesses, yes, but that's with two resistances and freaking Chansey, so I think that balances it out.

I ran a Knock Off Tentacruel on my old stall team, but, honestly, I never really used it much. Apart from the occasional Eviolite user (which, for some reason, there weren't many of), I never really had many chances to use it, so I ended up changing it. Having that many status moves on my team don't seem to hold me back at all, really. If I didn't have Sleep Powder, then I'd be unable to status Ground/Flying-types, which are always a real problem for me, especially Gliscor. My Tangrowth can take Gliscor on by itself and come out victorious, or end up crippling something on a switch. Even if they're using a Toxic Orb, it can still come out on top, though I am considering Leech Seed somewhere on that set. Maybe over Power Whip.

anxiety trip
Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
04-11-2012, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2012, 04:16 PM by Oscar Wilde.)
This isn't really a problem unique to your team, but to all grass and water heavy rain teams, but you have a problem with Virizion and Volt Turn. SD Virizion is an immediate threat. (HP ice is not going to do anything to it) and CM Virizion can just giga drain like a boss. You can sleep powder but most people will pull it back for a sacrificial sleep taker before then. And then what. Chansey does not take Focus Blasts to well. Tornadus and Special Nite handle all Virizion nicely.

Volt Turn is your alpha and your omega, your only safe switch for U-Turn Scizor is Tentacruel, (which, to your credit, handles it like a boss) but then has to switch out of the Volt Switch. I think you know how it goes from there. You can't stay (reliably) in with Chansey or Ferrothorn, for fear of Superpower.

Scrafty is pretty high on the threat list, no fighting or flying moves gives the gecko free reign. You can still "OHSHI- perish song," but he's still going to nab a couple KO's before retreating.

I'm curious to what you were going to do about CM Reuniclus. I don't want to pronounce him a huge threat, before hearing your plan of action is.

Conk too. Guts Conk swings his pillars of doom through this team.

I mean I don't want to start suggesting replacements before hearing your thoughts, but to sum it up, stall breakers > this team.
Hana Song

Registered
04-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Virizion, VoltTurn and Reuniclus were really the threats that I had noticed, but I hadn't thought about Conkeldurr and Scrafty - I've been seeing less and less of them lately, for some reason. I really don't have a plan for Reuniclus, if I'm honest, as well as the other Pokémon you mentioned. That's kinda the main reason why I'm looking to make an RMT on Smogon - I'm tired of being beaten by the same Pokémon.

What are your suggestions?

anxiety trip
Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

Registered
04-11-2012, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2012, 04:36 PM by Oscar Wilde.)
I think it's because smogon has something against scrafty, so people don't realize how hard it is to counter it. Dragonite's Hurricane crushes Scrafty beneath its heel. Rain Volc can hurricane too, and crushes Reuniclus beneath it's boot.

Something like

Hurricane
Bug Buzz
Substitute/Rest/Fire Blast
Quiver Dance

That fits your team the best and counters all the afore mentioned threats. Scizor hates repeated U-turns against Volc as it risks a burn every time.

Plus you already have Rapid spin.
Hana Song

Registered
04-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Okay, I am liking that. If I'd run Volcarona, I'd probably go with a bulkier EV spread and Substitute. What would you suggest replacing for either of those?

anxiety trip
Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

Registered
04-11-2012, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2012, 05:01 PM by Oscar Wilde.)
I hate to say it, but Tangrowth or Slowbro. While they both counter Gliscor extremely well, bulky politoed can do it too.
Hana Song

Registered
04-11-2012, 05:14 PM
I'd go with Tangrowth, then. I seem to get more use out of Slowbro than Tangrowth, really - it was just there to test, and it didn't make the team worse, so I kept it. Thanks.

anxiety trip
Hana Song

Registered
04-12-2012, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012, 01:12 PM by Hana Song.)
Bump.

Though, I just noticed that getting rid of Tangrowth for Dragonite or Volcarona gives me three weaknesses to Electric-type attacks with only one resistance to balance it out. I really don't want to get rid of Slowbro, Terrakion will just stroll its way through me then, so what can you suggest to help with this?

anxiety trip

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 1,588 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: RMT 6th Gen [OU] Cujo 12 3,511 02-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Last Post by Cujo
  BW: ☁Gen 5 Doubles: Trick Rain☁ Bloom 2 1,790 12-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Last Post by Bloom
  XY: RMT - Gen VI NU? Ombra 0 842 11-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Last Post by Ombra