Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: [RMT] Insert Rain-related Pun Here  
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: [RMT] Insert Rain-related Pun Here
Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
04-12-2012, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012, 01:28 PM by Oscar Wilde.)
The day Rotom-W, Magnezone or Jolteon is able to break both Chansey and Ferrothorn, I will eat my own foot. (excluding trick, but trick throws a monkey wrench into most sets)

What are you worried about? If you're literally panicked about this you can always substitute Slowbro for Gliscor. But really it's enough that you have a resistance and chansey is basically a back up. At this point it's better to worry about specific threats rather than trying to solve typing issues.
Hana Song
DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

PokéDollars: ₪16.92
Registered
04-12-2012, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012, 02:35 PM by Hana Song.)
I love having Slowbro, though. He's a... well, a bro.

I guess so, but I always try to keep good synergy even when trying to build a team to deal with something. I think I'll go with Dragonite, too. Seems to be the most useful. I do worry about synergy, though, even when it doesn't look "too bad". Even though Chansey can handle most Electric-type attacks, having three weaknesses doesn't seem "balanced" in any way.

EDIT: And now I'm having second thoughts about going with Dragonite. Volcarona's scored a few burns on a load of Scizors tonight, which ended up helping me to wins.

[Image: VN3xUdv.png]

anxiety trip
Hana Song

Registered
04-21-2012, 07:37 AM
Okay. Slowbro replaced with a mixed rain Dragonite, still testing a rain tank set. Main threats identified are Cloyster, Reuniclus and Gengar. Cloyster is less of a problem if it's poisoned on the switch-in, and takes a chunk of damage from hazards. Reuniclus can probably be dealt with by Dragonite - Aqua Tail 2HKOs Blissey in the rain, so it should do something. Gengar can be played around if I'm careful.

Honestly? 3 main threats? I think that's the shortest list a team of mine's ever had.

anxiety trip
Hana Song

Registered
04-24-2012, 02:24 AM
Final bump.

Finally decided that an offensive Dragonite will be the final Pokémon on my team. It has the ability to 2HKO Ferrothorn and Blissey, which has been so helpful so far. Not really missing Slowbro too much, apart from the occasional Gliscor that I have trouble with. Tangrowth seems to do its job perfectly well. Something else that I've also noticed is that I am able to win weather wars with ease, which is, obviously, a huge help. Thanks to everyone that helped me out, with both suggestions and testing.

anxiety trip
Hana Song

Registered
05-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Bumping for great throbbing justice. Hoping to get this RMT back up.

Noticed that Tentacruel is doing the least for the team overall. Kinda wanting to replace it, but it would mean getting rid of my Spinner, which I am not okay with. Could replace Ferrothorn with Forretress to keep a Spinner, I guess, but wanting to get other people's input on this seeing as I'm actually not that great with team building.

anxiety trip
Bordeaux
Shoe Connoisseur

PokéDollars: ₪11.77
Registered
05-18-2012, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2012, 10:41 PM by Bordeaux.)
I suppose you can take out Tentacruel and just as you said replace Ferrothorn with Forretress. You can probably insert a bulky water type into your empty slot. I would suggest Slowbro (or maybe a Rotom-W), but i don't know how you personally feel about it as it was already a member of this team. It can take those physical hits just like Tentacruel did. I'd consider taking SR off Chancey (since Forretress can set up every hazard) and maybe adding...Heal Bell or Aroma Therapy since Tentacruel was the only able to soak up Toxic Spikes, since Tentacruel could come in and soak them up immediately. This is just a thought.
Hana Song

Registered
05-19-2012, 07:17 AM
I wouldn't be bringing a Slowbro back to the team. I had one on it before, and was persuaded to get rid of it after seeing that it was there to pretty much counter one Pokémon which Tangrowth was doing better at the time. I'm really not a fan of having every entry hazard on one Pokémon and relying on it to set them all up, but I guess Heal Bell/Aromatherapy would be almost a must.

anxiety trip

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 1,593 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: RMT 6th Gen [OU] Cujo 12 3,526 02-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Last Post by Cujo
  BW: ☁Gen 5 Doubles: Trick Rain☁ Bloom 2 1,795 12-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Last Post by Bloom
  XY: RMT - Gen VI NU? Ombra 0 843 11-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Last Post by Ombra