Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: [RMT] New UU Team...
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: [RMT] New UU Team...
ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
04-30-2012, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 09:03 PM by Hana Song.)
Well here is the newest team I have created and I would like everyone's opinions on what I have come up with so far ^_^

[Image: 437.gif]

Sassy - Leftovers - Levitate
252 Hp, 252 Sp Def, 4 Def

Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball
Earthquake
Hidden Power Ice

With a great defensive typing, only one weakness, and it's natural bulk Bronzong makes a great lead for my team. He is used to set up rocks and to hits quite a few Pokemon for some decent damage.

[Image: 145.gif]

Bold - Leftovers - Pressure
252 Hp, 200 Def, 56 Sp Def

Substitute
Discharge
Hidden Power Ice
Roost

Up next is Zapdos. I originally tried 3 different sets on it other than it's current one. This one it has now seems to work fairly well with the rest of the team and allows it to Pressure stall several threatening, low PP moves to help the rest of my team. Also has a decent chance to paralyze a potential sweeper which is always a welcome sight.

[Image: 230.gif]

Lonely - Lum Berry - Swift Swim
252 Att, 56 Sp Att, 200 Spd

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Outrage
Hidden Power Fire

OR

Lonely - Lum Berry - Swift Swim
252 Att, 200 Sp Att, 56 Spd

Agility
Outrage
Waterfall/Surf/Hydro Pump
Hidden Power Fire

The only attack based Pokemon on my entire team. I run a mixed set on it simply because I think it works best in this specific team. It is the only Pokemon with high damage output so having it able to hit around walls is extremely important.

[Image: 302.gif]

Careful - Leftovers - Prankster
252 Hp, 252 Sp Def, 4 Def

Will-O-Wisp
Recover
Taunt
Night Shade

Sableye definitely deserves a nomination for "Most Annoying Pokemon"....it is by far one of my favorite Pokemon to use of all time. It has priority Recover, Will-O-Wisp, and Taunt which can really hinder your opponents team if they aren't prepared for it and can easily change the flow of a battle into your favor.

[Image: 237.gif]

Impish - Leftovers - Intimidate
252 Hp, 200 Def, 56 Sp Def

Stone Edge
Rapid Spin
Close Combat
Bullet Punch

This here my preferred Spinner of the tier, Hitmontop. He resists Stealth Rock, can spin away hazards, lowers my opponents attack which increases it's survivability, and is still capable of packing a mean punch despite it's defensive spread. I run Bullet Punch in order to hit the faster Ghost Pokemon of the tier who usually don't fear Hitmontop (Froslass, Mismagius, etc.).

[Image: 446.gif]

Impish - Evolite - Thick Fat
252 Hp, 252 Def, 4 Sp Def

Stockpile
Body Slam
Whirlwind
Rest

Ah now this little fella is an amazing Pokemon that many people tend to overlook.....actually I don't think I've ever battled anyone else ever that uses a Munchlax >.< but anyway....I normally run a CurseLax set on him but am experimenting with this one ATM. Stockpile to boost it's already bulky stats, Body Slam for some damage and possible paralysis chance, Whirlwind to blow away threats and to stack entry hazard damage, and Rest for recovery since this little guy is going to be taking a lot of hits.

Well there is my new team.....what do you all think about it??

I'm open to any and all comments/suggestions about my team, their EV's, move sets, or anything else.

Thanks in advance to everyone that posts! ^_^

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Blastoise
The Ultimate Squirtle

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
05-01-2012, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012, 01:12 AM by Blastoise.)
Can I ask you about Kingdra? Why does Kingdra have Swift Swim while there's no weather move in your team?

Thank to Andy ^^. & prepare for tomorrow. I got my sig now I need Wartortle to evolve & pull the greatest prank![Image: pokemon_fushion_9_by_chaosmastermartin-d50jzoz.png]
ninJAS

Veterans
05-01-2012, 06:02 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012, 06:03 AM by ninJAS.)
I actually thought about running Rain Dance on it instead of it's boosting move in both sets....but a constantly boosted stat is more useful than a boost that only lasts for 5 turns.....IMO....

Also Swift Swim can come in handy more often than Sniper (it's other ability) can.

Hana Song
DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

PokéDollars: ₪16.92
Registered
05-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Since your first three Pokemon are Bronzong, Zapdos and Kingdra, it looks like a good candidate for a Rain Dance team, certainly. Accelgor has some fun with this team, but I guess Munchlax can stop it with relative ease.
ninJAS

Veterans
05-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Yes it does have the potential to be a Rain team but I tend to stay away from weather based teams since they give one side a heavy advantage over the other as soon as the weather is in place :/

Accelgor doesn't like coming in with Rocks up very much since he loses 25% of his Hp with each switch...and since Life Orb is a commonly seen item on him this his longevity takes quite a hit as well.

He is also not a big fan of Gyro Ball from Bronzong, Stone Edge from Hitmontop, Whirlwind from Munchlax (since it continues to stack entry hazard damage), or HP Fire from Kingdra.

Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
05-08-2012, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2012, 04:40 PM by Oscar Wilde.)
I've said this before, this is an exemplary team. It handles threats like a pro.

Though seriously, get rid of bullet punch on top.

Steel hits Ice and Rock super effectively.

Fighting also does that, and you get stab.

You should be switch out of ghosts anyways.
Hana Song
DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

PokéDollars: ₪16.92
Registered
05-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Has Foresight not been considered over Bullet Punch? Don't switch out of Ghost-types, punch them square in the jaw.

[Image: VN3xUdv.png]

anxiety trip

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: Bug Team 2.0 Joaquin 6 2,047 04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Last Post by Joaquin
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 1,588 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: RMT 6th Gen [OU] Cujo 12 3,510 02-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Last Post by Cujo
  XY: Rate my Team Fennekin_Fireninja653 6 1,792 01-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Last Post by tylerg1011