Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: [RMT] RE: Tired of Weather  
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: [RMT] RE: Tired of Weather
Hana Song
DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

PokéDollars: ₪16.92
Registered
05-14-2012, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 09:01 PM by Hana Song.)
This is my older team, and I haven't battled with it for a while - a good 3 or 4 months, definitely. This is the team that initially kicked off my good teambuilding streak and the subsequent banishing of my losing streak. Celebrating a good run with this team, I've decided that it's time to retire it. Good run, guys.

Maybe not one of the best achievements ever, but there is something that I am proud of. I battled Oscar with this team one of the first times I visited the PO server, and, to my astonishment, I somehow managed to take him by surprise, and actually ended up winning the battle. Not amazing, but I know how good at battling he is, so it was a high point for this team. I can guarantee that I wouldn't have been able to come close to a win with any other team at the time.

[Image: 423.gif] [Image: 227.gif] [Image: 485.gif] [Image: 251.gif] [Image: 380.gif] [Image: 073.gif]

Although not my best team - my current team far surpasses this one - it is without a doubt one of my most balanced. It didn't seem to have any blindingly obvious weaknesses at the time, though I'm not sure that still holds true. I'll miss using it, for sure.

That said, if there are any noticeable improvements, then I would be willing to bring it back for improvement.

As before, no descriptions, just the sets, because I really can't be bothered. It's a retired team, and it deserves a quiet send-off. Dignified, no ceremony.

[Image: 423.gif]

Charybdis (Gastrodon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover

[Image: 227.gif]

Circios (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird

[Image: 485.gif]

Hephaestus (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Roar

[Image: 251.gif]

Antheia (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Heal Bell
- Giga Drain
- Recover

[Image: 380.gif]

Aphrodite (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roar
- Recover

[Image: 073.gif]

Scylla (Tentacruel) (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes

[Image: VN3xUdv.png]

anxiety trip
Hana Song

Registered
05-16-2012, 07:26 AM
48-hour bump.

anxiety trip
Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
05-16-2012, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2012, 06:04 PM by Oscar Wilde.)
My friend has the same fascination with greek mythology, even though I keep pointing out it's a belief system that essentially worships incest and infidelity.

However, onto the team:

I'm confused slightly, why do you have Tentacruel and Gastro with Scald, but Heatran with Flamethrower?

Any argument that you make to reinforce your Flamethrower > Lava Plume decision can be made for Scald and Surf. Any argument that you make to reinforce your Scald > Surf decision can be made for Flamethrower and Lava Plume.

Any sweeper with taunt really is a big threat. Xatu or Espeon over Latias would probably be more beneficial to this team in that regard.

Especially because your relevant type coverage is:
  • Grass
  • Fire
  • Ice
  • Water
  • Dragon
  • Flying

Which is like 6 types out of seventeen. Offensively, yeah, you can stall pretty much all of them, but if they can taunt, the tables are turned on you.

Defensively, Tentacruel is like "whatever" to a lot of this team and core, soaks up toxic spikes and without a spin blocker, spins away all of your main way of doing damage and you can't threaten it besides bluffing the Psychic on Latias. That won't last long anyways because your team is stall oriented, meaning they will probably find out eventually. Maybe like Earth Power on Gastrodon?

All of this being said, this RMT is probably the best OU team on the forum currently.
Smanters
Ghosts are yes

Registered
05-16-2012, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2012, 06:46 PM by Smanters.)
^I feel hurt XD

What I'm confused on is why Toxic and Scald are on Gastro. You really only need one. Earth Power would be a nice addition.

I'm also confused as to why you went with the stall set on Heatran. Heatran is one of the few good users of Torment. Just my opinion.

-Torment
-Protect
-Dragon Pulse/Stealth Rock/ Substitute (Sub/St rock ONLY if you Take toxic)
-Lava Plume/Toxic

And then dish some EVs into Sp. Attack. Heatran's a good wall, but it hits hard. With Torment/Protect, and good prediction, you can cover Heatran's weaknesses. Dragon/Fire is nigh perfect coverage.

[Image: ChandelureSig.png]
Credit goes to my good friend Dyrozix
Hana Song

Registered
05-17-2012, 08:27 AM
(05-16-2012, 06:02 PM)Oscar Wilde Wrote: My friend has the same fascination with greek mythology, even though I keep pointing out it's a belief system that essentially worships incest and infidelity.

It's not really a fascination, I was just kinda reading into it at the time. Norse religion is the only true religion anyway.

(05-16-2012, 06:02 PM)Oscar Wilde Wrote: I'm confused slightly, why do you have Tentacruel and Gastro with Scald, but Heatran with Flamethrower?

Any argument that you make to reinforce your Flamethrower > Lava Plume decision can be made for Scald and Surf. Any argument that you make to reinforce your Scald > Surf decision can be made for Flamethrower and Lava Plume.

I was considering having Earth Power over Scald on Gastrodon, but people avoided switching Heatrans into it anyway, always assuming that I ran Earth Power. It didn't seem that logical to get rid of a potential bluff I could call in a match to make way for something that everybody seemed to expect. My other reason was that Rotom-W seemed to be attracted to it - I assume they all carried HP Grass - so I used to be able to have a chance of burning them on the switch if I didn't predict well, and used Scald. If I had replaced it with Earth Power, then that's a turn wasted.

(05-16-2012, 06:02 PM)Oscar Wilde Wrote: Any sweeper with taunt really is a big threat. Xatu or Espeon over Latias would probably be more beneficial to this team in that regard.

Especially because your relevant type coverage is:
  • Grass
  • Fire
  • Ice
  • Water
  • Dragon
  • Flying

Which is like 6 types out of seventeen. Offensively, yeah, you can stall pretty much all of them, but if they can taunt, the tables are turned on you.

Yes, Taunt was a bit of a problem for me, but I always had enough attacks that it wasn't such a problem. Most of the Taunt-users I faced were actually taken care of by Gastrodon or Latias. Using a Xatu was an option towards the start of this team's run, but after seeing that I could work around Taunt with relative ease, I thought better of it.

(05-16-2012, 06:02 PM)Oscar Wilde Wrote: Defensively, Tentacruel is like "whatever" to a lot of this team and core, soaks up toxic spikes and without a spin blocker, spins away all of your main way of doing damage and you can't threaten it besides bluffing the Psychic on Latias. That won't last long anyways because your team is stall oriented, meaning they will probably find out eventually. Maybe like Earth Power on Gastrodon?

Honestly, I never saw many Tentacruel for some reason. That's actually still the case, and I'm not sure why - it's a much better Pokémon than people seem to realise. Even when I did run into them, Latias managed to outstall them and set up before Scald could really take its toll on it. Even with a burn, though, it wasn't much of a deal - Recover takes care of that. Defensively, yeah, Tentacruel could be a problem, but it's commonly run with one attack, and that's all. I don't have to bluff the Psychic on Latias if it can set up - that's the whole point of that set, for pretty much any situation.

(05-16-2012, 06:02 PM)Oscar Wilde Wrote: All of this being said, this RMT is probably the best OU team on the forum currently.

(05-16-2012, 06:45 PM)Zethoro Wrote: ^I feel hurt XD

Dude, my rain team that I posted is hurt. That team's an absolute monster at the moment.

(05-16-2012, 06:45 PM)Zethoro Wrote: What I'm confused on is why Toxic and Scald are on Gastro. You really only need one. Earth Power would be a nice addition.

The point of this team was to have as many different status-inducing moves for as many different situations. Admittedly, not a great idea to base a team around - not a great idea in general, really - but it did work. I never ran into any problems with status moves clashing with each other. Scald was there for a couple of reasons. One, Flying-types/Levitate. Earth Power would do nothing to them, and Scald gave me the edge over them. Two, Steel-types. Toxic won't do anything to them, and Scald will hit them at least neutrally. Granted, Earth Power would help here, but I feel it gives less advantages than disadvantages when compared to what Scald brings.

(05-16-2012, 06:45 PM)Zethoro Wrote: I'm also confused as to why you went with the stall set on Heatran. Heatran is one of the few good users of Torment. Just my opinion.

-Torment
-Protect
-Dragon Pulse/Stealth Rock/ Substitute (Sub/St rock ONLY if you Take toxic)
-Lava Plume/Toxic

And then dish some EVs into Sp. Attack. Heatran's a good wall, but it hits hard. With Torment/Protect, and good prediction, you can cover Heatran's weaknesses. Dragon/Fire is nigh perfect coverage.

I'm still ashamed to say this, but I don't use TormenTran because I can't get it to work. I use it correctly, I have it lined up in the right situations, but I don't seem to be comfortable with it for some reason. It was actually the first set I tested on Heatran before the current one, and I did test it after using the current one for some time, but I decided that having what could be seen as a better set is useless if I can't use it. It's not like its final set was doing any harm, either.

anxiety trip
Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

Registered
05-17-2012, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2012, 05:34 PM by Oscar Wilde.)
Rotom-W hardly ever carries grass. You have Celebi anyways, that point is moot. The advantages to having earth power outweigh the disadvantages, Tentacruel, Heatran, Jirachi, and Toxicroak all fear Gastro for it's Earth Power. I really don't get the bluff point, it's better to have the move to back up the bluff. Ice and Ground really cover anything Scald covers, and some other threats besides.

Plus, wouldn't it be better to Toxic the Rotom-W? Ferrothorn is far more common than Gastro, and causes most people to run HP fire actually. And you can double switch to Latias/Celebi if you're panicking and want to scout. Ground coverage just feels mandatory for me. It's so good.

Whatever, do what you want. :-D

Also, curious, what's your plan for SubCM Raikou and to a lesser extent, CMrachi?
Hana Song

Registered
05-17-2012, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2012, 05:36 PM by Hana Song.)
(05-17-2012, 05:30 PM)Oscar Wilde Wrote: Rotom-W hardly ever carries grass. You have Celebi anyways, that point is moot. The advantages to having earth power outweigh the disadvantages, Tentacruel, Heatran, Jirachi, and Toxicroak all fear Gastro for it's Earth Power. I really don't get the bluff point, it's better to have the move to back up the bluff. Ice and Ground really cover anything Scald covers, and some other threats besides.

Plus, wouldn't it be better to Toxic the Rotom-W? Ferrothorn is far more common than Gastro, and causes most people to run HP fire actually. And you can double switch to Latias/Celebi if you're panicking and want to scout. Ground coverage just feels mandatory for me. It's so good.

Whatever, do what you want. :-D

Also, curious, what's your plan for SubCM Raikou?

Really? I thought it was kinda common because of Gastrodon and Quagsire, but okay. My main point is that not having it isn't exactly hurting me, and I do find more use out of it for some reason. We also need to consider that, as I said, I haven't used this team for months, plenty enough time for the metagame to change.

Yeah, it would be, but I most likely wouldn't predict the switch, and chances are that the opponent's current Pokémon would have some form of status or another. I wouldn't be smart enough to use Toxic, embarrassingly.

Well, the team is retired, so I'm most likely not going to do anything further with it unless there's some huge important thing happening with a No Weather rule.

Sit in a corner a cry. It's flawless.

I still can't believe you actually think this team is better than my current one. My current one's doing so much better than this ever did.

anxiety trip

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 1,683 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: RMT 6th Gen [OU] Cujo 12 3,734 02-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Last Post by Cujo
  XY: RMT - Gen VI NU? Ombra 0 897 11-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Last Post by Ombra
  BW: RMT - UU Bordeaux 3 1,082 11-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Last Post by danny mul