Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: [RMT] Standard OU
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: [RMT] Standard OU
Smanters
Ghosts are yes

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
02-20-2012, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 09:17 PM by Hana Song.)
I'm making a new team, my old team is gonna be scrapped.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
[Image: 437.gif]
252HP/68def/188sp.def
Impish nature (+Def, -Sp.atk)
Ability: Heatproof

-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake
-Hidden Power (70 pow, ice)

It's a lead, so it sets up stealth rocks.
Gyro Ball and Earthqyake are strong, reliable moves.
Now, for Heatproof...
Other leads, like infernape and heatran, will basically try to scorch you with fire moves, and if my knowledge is correct, neither have earthquake (there's Heatran who might have Earth Power, but Heatran usually runs another set.)
Heatproof is so you can take those moves and strike back hard with earthquake. Heatproof is so uncommon actually, that not everyone will even notice you don't have levitate.
Hudden power ice is for those omnipresent 4x Ice weak pokemon (one is in my team.)

Scrafty @ Leftovers
[Image: 560.gif]
252HP/4Atk/252sp.def
Careful Nature (+Sp.Def, -Sp.Atk)
Ability: Shed Skin

-Drain Punch
-Bulk Up
-Rest
-Crunch

Ah, Scrafty. Your immense bulk knows no bounds.
Drain punch and Crunch make powerful STABs only resisted by two pokemon, and Drain Punch heals.
Bulk up brings up your defense and attack since Moxie isn't an option.
Rest is your semi-reliable recovery move. Full heal and status removal, and if Shed skin works, immediate awakening.

Chandelure @Choice Scarf
[Image: 609.gif]
4Hp/252Sp.Atk/252Spd
Modest nature (+Sp.atk, -Atk)
Ability: Flash Fire

-Overheat
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (pow 70, Ice)
-Energy Ball

With a choice scarf, Chandelure becomes a dangerous revenge killer.
It's not as good without shadow tag, but with a blazing 387 speed and a 427 special attack, it is a force to be reckoned with.
All of its moves are simply coverage, Overheat fills the role of an in and out pokemon very nicely.

I'll fill in the rest of this team later.

[Image: ChandelureSig.png]
Credit goes to my good friend Dyrozix
ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
02-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Heatproof is a nice trick on bronzong seeing as most people are afraid to use earthquake against it and using heatproof will give them a nice little surprise when they do minimal damage. With the impish nature on it though you cut down on HP ice damage so you may want to consider something like Relaxed (+def,-spd) instead seeing as bronzing isn't very fast anyway...

Substitute is also an option on Scrafty to help prevent status from happening to begin with and use drain punch as your recovery.

Chandelure looks good....only negative about overheat is 90 acc.....which can hurt if you miss...

But looking pretty good so far!

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Smanters
Ghosts are yes

Registered
02-20-2012, 10:35 AM
^Yeah, I switched it in game before you said that. I'll do it here in my next edit.

Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

Registered
02-20-2012, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2012, 08:33 PM by Oscar Wilde.)
I kind of need the latter half. I know you have a x4 weak ice, and I'm guessing it's either gliscor or a dragon flying, which is fine, but for right now you have a huge ground weakness. You also have a water weakness for Chandelure too that you haven't covered. You probably have these weakness covered, but for right now, I can't see those immunities and resistances, so the team looks kind of meh.

Anyways, the sets look good. One thing, you might want to change it back to levitate. I've heard this argument before, that your opponent will not expect the heatproof, but you're betting on a variable that isn't controllable. It also expands on what it is able to wall, encompassing mamoswine, donphan, landorus and gliscor to name a few. Also you have a ground switch in. And shed skin will deal with any unwanted status. If you like the substitute, I recommend a subpunch set. After a +2, Gliscor with no attack evs will OHKO your bronzong with earthquake for instance.

Hopefully you're keeping Chandelure in for spin blocker reasons, Heatran is really better all around. Doesn't have that pesky stealth rock weakness, resists dragon, has only 3 weaknesses instead of 5, and can't be pursuit trapped. But I know you like Chandelure, so I'll back off in that area. Also, because you are using a pokemon with flash fire, levitate is an even more prudent option.
Smanters
Ghosts are yes

Registered
02-20-2012, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2012, 12:00 AM by Smanters.)
Ill put in the sets later, but my last three pokemon are Latias, Dragonite, and Heatran.
Heatran is Tormentran.
Latias is Calm mind.
Dragonite is Multiscaletroll.

So I have 2 Ground switch ins.

I do realize now I have a pretty gaping hole of ground weaknesses.
I know I can't control the variable, but the majority expect levitate.
Do you really think someone will switch in EQ Gliscor on a Bronzong unless they know it doesnt have levitate? Then again, with that 3 pokemon weak to ground...I may give it levitate.
With Dragonite, I don't even consider x4 Ice Weakness a problem.
Dragonite's bulk and multiscale solve it.

ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
02-21-2012, 12:07 AM
Those three actually round the team off fairly good....overall no major weaknesses and 2 fire and 2 ground immunities without Bronzong using levitate....so I'd still say use heatproof for surprise.

I personally really like using latias and it's really hard to take down after a few calm minds.

Dragonite is screwed when it comes to ice but he SHOULD at least survive one solid hit at full health thanks to multi scale

And I've never really liked heatran...but I suppose he is a good pokemon to use as well..he has never really posed much of a threat to any of my teams so far....other than my Sun Team but that's it.

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

Registered
02-21-2012, 01:50 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2012, 02:00 AM by Oscar Wilde.)
I'm going to have to see the sets to do a full rate. Though unless your Dragonite is carrying roost, (I'm unclear whether you mean parashuffler or dragon dance on Dragonite) I would recommend switching out Heatran or Chandelure for some kind of rapid spinner.

In order to avoid watching WWE on TV, I'm going to point out anything with water and ice provides severe trouble to your team. Specifically, I'm referring to Gyarados and the lesser seen Cloyster, who can spell disaster for your team after a dragon dance or shell smash respectively. This can be solved by any bulky water type. Alternatively, you can run the parashuffler set on Dragonite, which can easily handle Gyarados provided that you switch in on a DD, not an Ice fang.

Also, I meant that Gliscor should scare away Scrafty, and Gliscor will sub on the switch, providing the same result. Your only reliable counter for Gliscor after a sub is Bronzong, who can't exactly counter it. You're kind of... bluffing and hoping people don't see through the facade.
Smanters
Ghosts are yes

Registered
02-21-2012, 07:12 AM
As a matter of fact, Dragonite has roost and is the parashuffler.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 1,593 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: RMT 6th Gen [OU] Cujo 12 3,525 02-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Last Post by Cujo
  XY: RMT - Gen VI NU? Ombra 0 843 11-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Last Post by Ombra
  BW: RMT - UU Bordeaux 3 1,038 11-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Last Post by danny mul