Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: [RMT] Test Team...
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: [RMT] Test Team...
ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
05-23-2012, 11:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 08:58 PM by Hana Song.)
Been a while since I've posted anything on here >.< but anyway....I've been thinking of a new team I could build and this is what I have right now.

[Image: 073.gif]

Bold ~ Black Sludge ~ Liquid Ooze/Rain Dish
EV's: 252 Hp, 252 Def, 4 Sp Def

Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Knock Off
Surf/Scald

I went with Surf over Scald because I feel like trying to run 3 types of status at the same time wouldn't work out very well :/ I also love running Knock Off on Tentacruel simply because it can really mess with your opponents Pokemon (Especially Evolite users)

[Image: 242.gif]

Bold ~ Leftovers ~ Natural Cure

Wish
Thunder Wave/Protect
Aromatherapy
Seismic Toss

In all honesty I hardly EVER use Chansey or Blissey so I'm a little rusty with them....I love using Twave on them but I'm not sure if it will counteract with my Tentacruel's Tspikes too much :/

[Image: 472.gif]

Jolly ~ Toxic Orb ~ Poison Heal
EV's: 252 Hp, 200 Spd, 56 Att

Earthquake
Acrobatics
Substitute
Fling

This is my custom Fling set Gliscor that I like to run every now and then ^_^ it allows me to get a quick Toxic in on an opponent when they least expect it then be able to hit them hard with a full power STAB Acrobatics and Earthquake. The only problem I have running this particular set is if I Fling away my Toxic Orb then use Aromatherapy from Blissey I will no long have the poisoned status and won't be able to heal myself.....

[Image: 230.gif]

Modest ~ Choice Specs ~ Swift Swim
EV's: 252 Sp Att, 252 Spd, 4 Hp

Hydro Pump
Draco Meteor
Ice Beam
HP Fire

Hydro Pump and Draco Meteor for great STAB damage, Ice Beam really isn't needed but it let's Kingdra have a little bit more coverage, while HP Fire allows it to hit Steel types hard....although I believe a STAB Hydro Pump hits harder than a SE HP Fire....especially if used in the Rain (which is the most common typeof weather now)

[Image: 437.gif]

Sassy ~ Leftovers ~ Levitate

Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
HP Ice

Hits hard against anything faster, sets up Rocks, and has decent coverage with Quake and HP Ice.

[Image: 423.gif]

Bold ~ Leftovers ~ Storm Drain
EV's: 252 Hp, 200 Sp Def, 56 Def

Earth Power
Ice Beam
Recover
Toxic

Decent STAB, instant recovery, and Toxic helps it out stall foes.

Alrighty then...so overall I have 3 water types but all of them have different Weaknesses and Resistances which I think let's them work fairly well together and all of my team's Weaknesses are Resisted by other members of my team. Still not too sure how running Twave and Tspikes/Toxic at the same time will work out...and I'll probably end up changing Gliscor's set to a Defensive one.....

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Bordeaux
Shoe Connoisseur

PokéDollars: ₪11.77
Registered
05-24-2012, 01:43 PM
I've tried running multiple status inducers on one team recently. It is very conflicting at times. As Oscar pointed out to me, It is best to choose one status and focus on inducing that. It works well too.
ninJAS

Veterans
05-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Yea I agree that's why I chose to not run Scald since it would throw a third status effect into the mix :/ really the main reason I left Twave on Blissey was to slow down my opponents sweepers/Pokemon immune to Tspikes and to have a back up in case Tentacruel goes down before setting up Tspikes...I still haven't been able to officially test this team out on PO yet....just thought of it in my head lol

WillsPokemon
Pokémon Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
05-24-2012, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2012, 09:26 PM by WillsPokemon.)
Sorry, wrong post
ninJAS

Veterans
05-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Um....I'm pretty sure you posted on the wrong RMT....>.<

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: Bug Team 2.0 Joaquin 6 2,049 04-01-2014, 03:49 PM