Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: Rate My Team: Defensive UU
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: Rate My Team: Defensive UU
ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
08-11-2013, 02:14 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 08:12 PM by Hana Song.)
Well I've had this UU team for a while now and I was actually surprised when I realized I hadn't posted it here yet >.<

Over all it is a team built around my favorite competitive play style which is bulk + hazards. The whole purpose of this play style is to force your opponent to keep switching into your hazards dealing more damage to themselves that way than your actual attacks do. Quite a bit of prediction is needed to run this type of team correctly and the games are usually a little longer but it is my favorite because it actually forces both you and your opponent to heavily think about your next move rather than just spamming an attack over and over.

[Image: 464.gif]

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

This is a new Rhyperior set I've been testing out and so far I like it quite a lot. It is a standard bulky EV spread but with a more offensive set. The crux of this set is Substitute. It allows Rhyperior to stay in against Pokemon that usually threaten it out and deal some heavy damage to them without worrying about taking a ton of damage or getting KO'd. So far I have had no issue setting up Sub whenever I need to since even without a lot of Attack investment Rhyperior still scares out a lot of Pokemon thanks to its massive base Attack stat and solid coverage. Earthquake is STAB along with Rock Blast, which I used over Stone Edge in order to help get around subs if need be. I originally had Dragon Tail in the last slot but Gligar was giving this team a bit of trouble so I gave it Ice Punch instead and it helped immensely against it as well as Grass types and Flygon plus I still have Whirlwind on Snorlax to phaze around with if I need it.

[Image: 563.gif]

Cofagrigus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Cofagrigus has not been given nearly enough of the love that it deserves. It is, in my opinion, the best spin blocker in UU due to its large amount of bulk as well as its ability Mummy. It is able to sponge physical hits for days while still being able to take special hits from UU's main spinner, Blastoise. EV spread is pretty obvious since I want it to be able to switch into any strong physical attacker, burn them, then Rest off the damage. Will-O-Wisp is to cripple physical attackers as I've already mentioned as well as get some residual damage off on my opponent making them take even more damage each time they switch in. Shadow Ball is STAB and has solid coverage whereas Rest + Sleep Talk keeps it at full health as well as makes it not worry about getting status'd.

[Image: 437.gif]

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Bronzong is just overall a great Pokemon. It has a ton of resistances and only one of two weaknesses depending on what Ability it has (which should almost always be Levitate). EV spread is so it can handle attackers like Nidoking/queen more effectively as well as Raikou, Magneton, and offensive Roserade among others. With its good bulk it is almost always able to get up Stealth Rock which is a huge part of this teams strategy. Gyro Ball is for STAB and hits for some pretty solid damage against quick attackers. Toxic is for the bulkier Pokemon and Earthquake gives it some nice coverage making it that much harder to stay in against.

[Image: 143.gif]

Snorlax (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 208 HP / 124 Def / 176 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Whirlwind

Ah the good ol Rest Talk Snorlax wall set. Even though it only has one damaging move that is all it needs. Body Slam is solid STAB damage while at the same time giving a nice 30% chance to paralyze anything in its way. Whirlwind is to phaze around the opponent and works extremely well with Rocks and Spikes up. Rest Talk to to keep Snorlax in high HP as well as letting it not become set up bait.

[Image: 237.gif]

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Rest

My favorite rapid spinner in the tier <3 Hitmontop can make itself pretty bulky thanks to Intimidate. Most people would just down my throat for not using Foresight on Hitmontop since it is the "only reason it should be used" as some believe....I however beg to disagree. As I mentioned already its bulk is raised considerably thanks to Intimidate and even without investment its 2 attacking moves still deal very solid damage. CC for STAB, Stone Edge for coverage, Rapid Spin to keep hazards off my side of the field, and Rest to restore HP and keep it alive longer.

[Image: 407.gif]

Roserade (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Rest
- Aromatherapy

How is using 4 Pokemon with Rest on one team effective? This Pokemon is what makes it all happen. With Natural Cure it is able to cure its own Sleep upon switching out and cures the rest of my team with Aromatherapy making all of them wake up and able to attack once again. Giga Drain is the STAB move of choice on this set because I need it to survive as long as possible and it still will deal decent enough damage. Spikes add to my team's effectiveness as well and usually end up being just as useful if not moreso than Stealth Rocks.

Well that is the team. What does everything think about it? Thoughts or suggestions?

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
WmONeil
Ace Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
08-11-2013, 07:51 AM
I think Snorlax and Hitmontop are the only good Pokémon you have. I do not care for the others that much.
Bordeaux
Shoe Connoisseur

PokéDollars: ₪11.77
Registered
08-12-2013, 10:18 AM
(08-11-2013, 07:51 AM)WmONeil Wrote: I think Snorlax and Hitmontop are the only good Pokémon you have. I do not care for the others that much.

The most useless advice I've ever seen.

But yeah back to the point of the thread...

I see Darmanitan as a threat to you. Banded or Scarfed puts a pig dent in most that'll face against your team once Hitmontop is out of the way. It'll just Flare Blitz it's way through the team or use Superpower. Consider using a Swampert over Rhyperior? It'll resist Water still and it has some great bulk. Plus you'll get good dual STAB in Scald/Waterfall and Earthquake. Ice Punch would still be there too. That should put Darmanitan in it's place, I hope.
ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
08-12-2013, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2013, 10:38 AM by ninJAS.)
Hmm I actually did not think about Swampert...It would help a lot against Darmanitan but honestly I haven't had all that many issues from it overall (yet).

So I assume you are suggesting the standard Defensive Swampert with Scald/Waterfell, Quake, Ice Punch, ??? . Maybe could put Stealth rocks in the last slot which would let me put HP Ice on Bronzong meaning it will wall the crap out of Gligar and be a little more well equipped for Pokemon such as Zapdos.

Thanks for the suggestion @Bordeaux I appreciate the help ^^

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: Rate my babies! (UU) hotchocolat 3 1,067 07-25-2015, 10:51 PM
Last Post by Blaze
  XY: Bug Team 2.0 Joaquin 6 2,048 04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Last Post by Joaquin
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 1,592 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: Rate my Team Fennekin_Fireninja653 6 1,794 01-10-2014, 12:57 PM