Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: Rate my team
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: Rate my team
shinon
New Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
07-14-2013, 02:49 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 08:16 PM by Hana Song.)
Well I mostly created this team out of impulse for Pokemon Online.
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Def / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Meteor Mash
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

Stoutland @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Ice Fang

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
Need some help with making it better mostly problems with Volcarona and Jirachi.
Legacy
Resident Metalhead

PokéDollars: ₪25.59
Registered
07-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Volcarona is causing you problems due to you having 3 fire weaknesses (one of which is also 4x weak to bug) and a bug weakness, with very little to remedy the problem.

Now onto the team itself. I don't use weather but I will try my best to give you some advice from battles I've had against Weather teams.

First of all I'd ditch Bronzong, or at least get rid of Trick Room. Either way I'd get rid of either Bronzong or Metagross (or both?) as they share the exact same weaknesses. In place of either one I'd suggest Gastrodon. Nidoking and Tyranitar are both weak to water and you have no pokemon barring Celebi who can take a strong water hit. With Storm Drain Gastrodon becomes your best friend, and fits with Celebi well as its only weakness is grass which Celebi resists, and Celebi is weak to fire which Gastrodon resists.

The set for Gastrodon is optional, since you could run a defensive set or a Specially offensive set.

I'd actually suggest using Heatran if you're struggling with Volcarona. Heatran walls almost ALL Volcarona sets barring the rare HP Ground/Water and can phaze any stats boosts with Roar.

Heatran@Leftovers
Flash Fire
Calm Nature
248 HP / 8Def / 252 SDef

- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Protect
- Stealth Rock/Toxic/Will-o-Wisp

Stealth Rock if you decide to get rid of Bronzong, Toxic/WoW if you decide to replace something else with Heatran. With Gastrodon and Celebi you two pokemon who can deal with ground types effectively. Alternatively you could try Terrakion, as you are low on the physical aspect should you choose to replace Metagross.

Essentially you have a load of choices to pick from. The top of those in my opinion are the three I mentioned though, although how you'd fit them all in I don't know at the moment =/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: Rate my babies! (UU) hotchocolat 3 1,067 07-25-2015, 10:51 PM
Last Post by Blaze
  XY: Bug Team 2.0 Joaquin 6 2,048 04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Last Post by Joaquin
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 1,592 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: Rate my Team Fennekin_Fireninja653 6 1,794 01-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Last Post by tylerg1011