Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: UU Sandstorm Team
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: UU Sandstorm Team
ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
02-13-2012, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 09:19 PM by Hana Song.)
Been trying to work on some weather teams but they haven't been working out too well so far....anyway here is my SS team please post any suggestions, thoughts, ideas, changes, or whatever. Would really appreciate the help!

Hippowdon@Leftovers@Sand Stream
Adamant (+att, -sp att) EV: 252 hp, 252 att, 4 def
Crunch (catches psychic leads off guard I.e. Mew, deoxys-d, xatu)
Earthquake (STAB)
Slack Off (Healing)
Stealth Rocks (set up rocks.....obviously)

Cradily@Leftovers@Suction Cups
Impish (+def, -sp att) EV: 252 hp, 252 def, 4 sp def
Rock Slide (STAB)
Amnesia (Raises already boosted sp def)
Recover (healing)
Toxic (status and stall)

Alakazam@Focus Sash@ Magic Guard
Modest (+sp att, -att) EV: 252 spd, 252 sp att, 4 hp
Psychic (STAB)
Focus Blast (hits dark types hard)
Shadow Ball (hits other psychic types and ghost)
Energy Ball (helps to cover enemy water types)

Rhyperior @ Life Orb @ Solid Rock
Jolly (+spd, -sp att) EV: 252 spd, 252 att, 4 hp
Earthquake (STAB)
Stone Edge (STAB)
Rock Polish (Boosts Speed)
Megahorn (covers grass types)

Cacturne @ BrightPowder @ Sand Veil
Jolly (+spd, -sp att) EV: 252 att, 252 spd, 4 hp
Sucker Punch (Quick hits when low on health)
Leech Seed (healing and force switch)
Substitute (self explanatory....block status and and allows for next move to hit)
Focus Punch (Massive Damage)

Registeel @ Leftovers @ Clear Body
Adamant (+att, -sp att) EV: 252 att, 252 hp, 4 def
Thunder Wave (status and allow for first att)
Iron Head (STAB)
Earthquake (Hits fire type switch ins hard)
Explosion (to go out with a bang....literally)

Well there is my team...I know it's not the best in the world but hopefully you all will think that it is decent enough Tongue already tested it on PO and got several wins out of it...but about the same number of loses too lol Tongue

All comments are GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Mitchell

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
02-15-2012, 02:10 AM
Hmmm... Your Hippowdon, have you considered making him a Physical Wall instead of a Sweeper? Also, I'd replace Crunch with Stone Edge -High Crit ratio, woot!- so you can easily take care of those pesky Flying types like Dragonite, Aerodactyl, Crobat, Zapdos, etc.

Hmmm... Your Cradily, I'd split the EV's 176 Sp. Def, 80 Def and use Curse instead of Amnesia. This will help him take those physical hits while still keeping his nice Sp. Def in the Sandstorm. Also, if you're using DW abilities *looks at Alakazam* then Storm Drain is the way to go.

Hmmm... Your Cacturne, I'd switch it's Leech Seed for Swords Dance, one boost from that turns your Sucker Punch (already a quite powerful priority move) into a ridiculous force to be reckoned with. Also, Seed Bomb is another option instead of Focus Punch; STAB as well as the Accuracy that FB lacks.

Hmmm... Your Registeel, I'd make it a Tank honestly, it's Defensive stats are very good while it's Offensive, not so much... If you were to change him into a Tank, Toxic could be another option instead of Thunder Wave but if you wanted to keep him the way he is, I'd say to use Ice Punch instead of Explosion as it's a difficult move to use correctly.

~Niblesess
Oscar Wilde
Has Dragon Aids

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
02-15-2012, 03:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2012, 01:42 PM by Oscar Wilde.)
Huge Fighting weakness. Alakazam resists it but 55/45 base is doing nothing, CC breaks through that easily, it isn't a safe switch.

You're going to have to replace some pokemon. Nidoqueen counters Heracross fantastically, and most Mienshao sets and so does Gligar. Both fit into your team nicely as well. Machamp is problematic to most teams and Spiritomb is probably his best counter. Mismagius can also work, but as it has less bulk, it inherently takes more risk as well. Alakazam can force machamp out after a KO, but cannot switch in on any of it's moves, and Machamp is free to switch out on Alakazam. Another option is to put 252 Def on Hippo with roar, giving you a way to pseudo haze. I'm not a huge fan of this, as Hippo still can't touch Machamp and Heracross and it isn't a resist, but it should be passable

Also be on the watch for SubBulkup Hitmonchan, as you can't really phase on this team once an opponent subs.

Also you should put Dream World in the title, as Hippo is OU in standard play.
ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
02-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Yes I tried a physical wall but I like how my attacking Hippo runs lol he catches people off guard....but I didn't realize until Oscar pointed it out that Hippo is moved to BL now....so if I want a UU SS team I'll have to use hippowtas...any suggestions for that?

The cradilly idea sounds good so I may have to try that out.

So with cacturne pretty much switch it from a subseedpuncher to a sweeper? I'll also take that into consideration.

As for registeel I will probably turn him into a tank...i was trying to experiment around with different possible sets.

Was also considering a few other pokemon to help with the fighting type weakness Oscar mentioned. Thought about possibly adding either:

Spiritomb, Archeops, or Sigilyph to my team any thoughts about these possible additions as well?

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: Bug Team 2.0 Joaquin 6 2,049 04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Last Post by Joaquin
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 1,593 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: Rate my Team Fennekin_Fireninja653 6 1,795 01-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Last Post by tylerg1011
  XY: rate my team danny mul 2 1,354 01-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Last Post by danny mul