Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: UU Team [RMT]
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: UU Team [RMT]
Kevin
Member of Thespian Troupe 1139

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
07-19-2013, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 08:15 PM by Hana Song.)
So I decided to play on my Black 2 again and discovered the last team I had which consisted of the Pokémon down below. I battled with them and it was fun! It reminded me of how much I loved competitive battling. Here's the UU Team:

[Image: 106.gif]
Hitmonlee @ Normal Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Blaze Kick
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

Pros: My lead physical sweeper. He starts off the battle with Fake Out, always with Fake Out even against a steel type as it'll trigger Unburden and Hitmonlee will become a speed demon. Blaze Kick is to hit those bug types that risist Hitmonlee's STAB. Earthquake is to hit the poison types that also resist his STAB. Finally, his main STAB which is Close Combat to destroy any Pokemon that doesn't resist it. I picked this over Hi Jump Kick due to the chance of missing and suffering recoil. Also, almost all users of Stealth Rock are weak to Fighting save Gligar and others.

Cons: It's very flying type weak. It is OHKO by any flying type move like Brave Bird from Crobat or Honchcrow. So to counter it, I was thinking of replacing Earthquake with Rock Slide to hit them since Close Combat already hits what Earthquake hits minus Poison.

[Image: 178.gif]
Xatu @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Night Shade
- Roost

Pros: Xatu is my Dual Screener and this set is so good, it even works in Ubers. Light Screen and Reflect last for 8 turns and really works with Xatu's special defense. After using reflect and light screen, almost every Pokémon cannot be OHKO'd. Magic Bounce reflects Stealth Rock and status ailments so the only way to take Xatu down is through full force or something like Perish Song. Night Shade is to deal 100 damage per turn and usually breaks substitutes. Roost is to restore Xatu's low HP.

Cons: If it switches in on a stealth rock, 25% is cut off already, needing to use Roost prematurely. Also, it is a huge target to Zapdos, Raikou, and Rotom-H who lurk in UU, waiting to find prey with their STAB Thunderbolt which despite the SpD and Light screen, can really hurt Xatu. Bisharp can set up Swords Dance and take out Xatu thanks to STAB Sucker Punch. Also, Scrafty can set up Dragon Dance while Xatu is setting up and completely destroy the whole team.

[Image: 494.gif]
Victini @ Expert Belt
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
- Blue Flare
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Focus Blast

Pros: I don't know why nobody likes to use Victini, I love Victini. It's my main special sweeper and a pretty good one at that. It can take a hit and also faint the opposing pokemon with its special moves. Blue Flare is Victini's 130 STAB move with no drawbacks beside the 85 accuracy which is boosted to roughly 93 by Victory Star. Psychic is another STAB move. U-turn is to switch out and deal damage. Focus Blast is to take out the defensive walls such as Umbreon and take out Porygon-Z. It's accuracy goes from 70 to 77 which is not much but is slightly better you have to admit.

Cons: Victini cannot stand a chance against Chandelure. None of his attacks can KO it. Blue Flare is absorbed by Flash Fire, Psychic is resisted, and Focus Blast can't hit ghost types. U-turn deals minimal damage but it lets Victini switch out. Swampert and Suicune are the two water types that can wall Victini's sweep. Suicune can STAB surf while Swampert and surf and earthquake it. Houndoom also KOs it with Sucker Punch.

[Image: 492.gif]
Shaymin @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Seed Flare
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Aromatherapy

Pros: I don't really remember why I chose Shaymin specifically but it seems to be the Wall/Cleric of the team. It can set up with Substitute then stall the opponent with Leech Seed while shooting STAB Seed Flares that may harshly lower the opponents Special Defense, giving Seed Flare an opening or even switching to Victini to finish the job. Aromatherapy is to heal status ailments on team members as it doesn't have to worry about them thanks to Natural Cure.

Cons: Can be easily walled by Bronzong due to excellent defense and Steel-typing. Also fire types like Houndoom can use STAB Flamethrower to KO Shaymin. Her across also can use its STAB Megahorn to ruin Shaymin's defenses even though the 299 Def.

[Image: 034.gif]
Nidoking @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power

Pros: Don't know why I used Nidoking as I already had Victini but whatever. Noodling is a dangerous threat in UU. It has ice beam to hit those flying types like Crobat and Zapdos that can't get hit by his Earth Power. Sludge Wave is his STAB that has a chance of poisoning. Thunderbolt is to hit all those flying types that aren't named Zapdos and those water types that can completely wall him. Earth Power is to OHKO Raikou and hit the steel types that are immune to Sludge Wave.

Cons: It's outsped by popular revenge killers such as Flygon and Rotom-H. Also it can be heavily walled by Umbreon and other special walls.

[Image: 308.gif]
Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pure Power
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Trick
- Thunderpunch/ Ice Punch

Pros: Thanks to Pure Power and Choice Scarf, Medicham is a powerful revenge killer. Drain punch is a reliable STAB move as it also heals Medicham. Psycho Cut is to hit the poison types that resist Drain Punch. Trick is to give away its choice scarf and freely use all of its attacks. Thunderpunch is to KO all those flying types in the UU environment. Ice punch is to deal with the flying types and the dragons such as Haxorus that may stand in Medicham's way.

Cons: Spritomb is Medicham's bane to its existence. It resists both of his STAB moves and can tank the Thunderpunch. It can then KO Medicham with Sucker Punch. Almost any Dark type with Sucker Punch and superior attack can destroy this revenge killer. It's awful defenses leaves it very vulnerable to many Dark type moves.

Well there it is. Thank you for reading!

Importable
Spoiler:
Hitmonlee @ Normal Gem
Trait: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Blaze Kick
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

Xatu @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Night Shade
- Roost

Victini @ Expert Belt
Trait: Victory Star
- Blue Flare
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Focus Blast

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Seed Flare
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Aromatherapy

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pure Power
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Trick
- Thunderpunch/ Ice Punch

[Image: 0KOwHeL.png]
Credits to Fairy Princess Bloom for this awesome signature!

Super Smash Bros Survival Role-Play

My Pokémon Emporium

ASB Profile

S.I.B. Fanfiction

My Art Gallery

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: Bug Team 2.0 Joaquin 6 2,047 04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Last Post by Joaquin
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 1,588 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: RMT 6th Gen [OU] Cujo 12 3,511 02-02-2014, 02:24 AM