Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
BW: competitive double team OU?
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

BW: competitive double team OU?
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
06-12-2013, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 08:18 PM by Hana Song.)
[Image: 254.gif]
Sceptile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overgrow/Unburden
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 speed
Ivs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
- Worry seed
- Swords Dance/ Rock Slide
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake

[Image: 486.gif]
Regigigas @ Life Orb
Ability: Slow Start
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 6 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
- Substitute/Return/Protect
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: 598.gif]
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 speed
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball/Bulldoze

[Image: 579.gif]
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 192 HP / 66 Def / 252 Sp. Atk
IVs: 31/0/31/31/31/0
Trick Room
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

OR

[Image: 186.gif]
Politoed @ Iron Ball
Ability: Drizzle
Nature: Modest
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed
IVs: 31/0/31/31/31/31
- Fling
- Hydro Pump
- Surf/Ice Beam
- Protect

[Image: 272.gif]
Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Sp. Atk / 252 Sp. Def
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Protect
- Substitute
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: 389.gif]
Torterra @ Life Orb
Ability: Over Grow/Shell Armor
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
- Earthquake
- Synthesis/Stone Edge/Rock Slide
- Wood Hammer/Seed Bomb
- Protect

[Image: 146.gif]
Moltres @ Heat Rock/Life Orb
Ability: Pressure (Flame body when available)
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Sunny Day
- Roost/Protect

i could not think of a last combination so i just used these two because they seem like they work together well and separately. i could use the last two slots on my team to cover removal of entry hazards and set up of entry hazards and things like that.

OR

[Image: 073.gif]
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
Nature: Calm/Timid
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 Sp. Def OR 32 Def / 224 Sp. Def / 252 Speed
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect
- Scald/ Ice Beam

[Image: 227.gif]
Skarmory @ Shed Shell/Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish/Jolly
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp. Def OR 4 Def / 252 Sp. Def / 252 Speed
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
- Roost
- Spikes
- whirlwind
- substitute/Brave Bird

Forretress may work better because it is the only Pokemon can use rapid spin, toxic spikes, stealth rock and spikes too. not to mention is may work better with trick room. if i used Forretress i could use a faster Pokemon (does not have to be under trick room) that uses Roar or and fling like Tyrantiar, Garchomp or Zoroark

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]
Nammm3
Pokémon Gamer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
06-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Since the user/moderator, 'Vanquish' (even though I thought 'ninjAs' was the moderator of this forum), literally vanquished one of my posts on this forum and said it ''contributes nothing to the thread nor the forum'' and I need to make my posts more ''constructive and insightfightful'' and calling my last post a form of ''spam''...

Nice touch on all of your main pokemon's status-moves. Isn't Regigigas in the NU category? Regigigas should probably have the move Return/Frustration over the other 2 choices you're debating about because Substitute, if struck by a strong Fighting attack from a Fighting-type pokemon (ex: the Conkeldurr amongst the OU circuitry or Rampardos from NU), you're going to be screwed by the time the Slow Start ability is done; like-wise with the continual inaccuracy of Protect after its first use.

I like the first pair you have between your second set of pokémon (Ferrothorn/Reuniclus) over Politoed/Ludicolo because less attack-types are available to hit them normally and effectively than the Politoed/Ludicolo pair. They're still both tough, but in my opinion, i'd have a more difficult time at trying to sort out attacks against the Ferrothorn/Reuniclus pair.

That's definitely a harddd call for the final pair of pokémon you have at the end of this thread- Torterra, shiny Moltres, shiny Tentacruel, shiny Skarmory and Forretress. Off of brute force, I agree that the Torterra/shin Moltres combo seem to ''work together well'' and most importantly, ''separately'' like you said if one of them were to faint before the other. Shiny Tentacruel/shin Skarmory/Forretress are a deadly entry hazard group if the player you're facing doesn't have the move Rapid Spin as well. If they do, then yeah, you'll have a wasted pair :-(
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
06-12-2013, 07:36 PM
(06-12-2013, 04:54 PM)Nammm3 Wrote: Since the user/moderator, 'Vanquish' (even though I thought 'ninjAs' was the moderator of this forum), literally vanquished one of my posts on this forum and said it ''contributes nothing to the thread nor the forum'' and I need to make my posts more ''constructive and insightfightful'' and calling my last post a form of ''spam''...

Nice touch on all of your main pokemon's status-moves. Isn't Regigigas in the NU category? Regigigas should probably have the move Return/Frustration over the other 2 choices you're debating about because Substitute, if struck by a strong Fighting attack from a Fighting-type pokemon (ex: the Conkeldurr amongst the OU circuitry or Rampardos from NU), you're going to be screwed by the time the Slow Start ability is done; like-wise with the continual inaccuracy of Protect after its first use.

I like the first pair you have between your second set of pokémon (Ferrothorn/Reuniclus) over Politoed/Ludicolo because less attack-types are available to hit them normally and effectively than the Politoed/Ludicolo pair. They're still both tough, but in my opinion, i'd have a more difficult time at trying to sort out attacks against the Ferrothorn/Reuniclus pair.

That's definitely a harddd call for the final pair of pokémon you have at the end of this thread- Torterra, shiny Moltres, shiny Tentacruel, shiny Skarmory and Forretress. Off of brute force, I agree that the Torterra/shin Moltres combo seem to ''work together well'' and most importantly, ''separately'' like you said if one of them were to faint before the other. Shiny Tentacruel/shin Skarmory/Forretress are a deadly entry hazard group if the player you're facing doesn't have the move Rapid Spin as well. If they do, then yeah, you'll have a wasted pair :-(

i absolutely agree with you. i need to stop second guessing my self so much, it is a really bad habit. if i can get a couple of people to agree i will test this team out and look for limits and weaknesses. then i will revise the team by adjusting the strategy to those limits. thank you for your support by replying to this thread

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
06-13-2013, 04:30 PM
(06-12-2013, 04:54 PM)Nammm3 Wrote: Since the user/moderator, 'Vanquish' (even though I thought 'ninjAs' was the moderator of this forum), literally vanquished one of my posts on this forum and said it ''contributes nothing to the thread nor the forum'' and I need to make my posts more ''constructive and insightfightful'' and calling my last post a form of ''spam''...

i forgot to tell you that i am using worry seed to eliminate slow start. that is the only reason i would use that move and it will work because it is a double team after all. there are too many option for moves so i guess i will just pick one since it does not appear to have a vital affect on my strategy at first glance

Nammm3
Pokémon Gamer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
06-13-2013, 06:22 PM
(06-13-2013, 04:30 PM)gavisaurusrex Wrote:

i forgot to tell you that i am using worry seed to eliminate slow start. that is the only reason i would use that move and it will work because it is a double team after all. there are too many option for moves so i guess i will just pick one since it does not appear to have a vital affect on my strategy at first glance
Nice! Yeah worry seed in double battle would be so awesome for Regigigas! Too bad it doesn't work on pokemon with Truant :-P
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
06-13-2013, 08:45 PM
(06-13-2013, 06:22 PM)Nammm3 Wrote: Nice! Yeah worry seed in double battle would be so awesome for Regigigas! Too bad it doesn't work on pokemon with Truant :-P

skill swap works for that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: Bug Team 2.0 Joaquin 6 2,049 04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Last Post by Joaquin
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 1,593 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: Rate my Team Fennekin_Fireninja653 6 1,795 01-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Last Post by tylerg1011
  XY: rate my team danny mul 2 1,354 01-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Last Post by danny mul