Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Bloom's Running Blog
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Bloom's Running Blog
Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

PokéDollars: ₪32.09
Registered
03-31-2014, 01:15 AM
I'm at the start of Track this year, and a few members (Legacy and Nam) inspired me to make this blog about my running experiences even though they have no clue that they did! xD

Essentially this blog will contain a background of my day in general when referring to my runs and workouts in general. On most distance runs, some weird stuff happens. For example, one time an old lady threw a beer can at me and screamed at me in spanish for running past her house. Another time our team was attacked by some middle schoolers with air soft guns....

Anyways, I hope you all will enjoy reading some of my stories and are maybe even inspired to get out and go for a run yourself! ^^

The first entry will probably be around the weekend, when my track meets are usually scheduled! I'll be adding to this blog over the summer and when cross country starts as well! =D

[Image: dA219Lb.gif]
Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

Registered
04-04-2014, 11:22 PM
I have a track meet tomorrow! ^^ So be sure to check here sometime tomorrow to hear about what happened if you're interested. The meet will last for quite a long time, so I wont be able to log on here until the evening in my time zone. Wink I'm so excited! =D

Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

Registered
04-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Sorry for not updating this on saturday! PokeSun was down for like 2-3 days (or my internet.... even though every other site worked Confused )

So I woke up early saturday morning to eat a light breakfast and pack up everything I needed to bring for the meet. I brought lots of water, vitamin water, and apples for sustenance. I also packed my racing shoes with distance spikes, (first time I used them =D) while just wearing my regular running shoes for whenever I'm not going to be racing. I also brought my headphones and music.... but they didn't exactly stay on when I went for a mile warm up. The darn things continued to fall off, so I just hid them in my bad for the duration of the meet.

So the meet started smoothly with field events first. I spent time stretching and socializing with my teammates while event after event went by on the track. We cheered for the sprinters and hurdlers, and boy were they FAST! xD I could never imagine doing hurdles, even if I have long legs... the thought of falling to my doom and sprinting is just too horrific to imagine.

Eventually it was time for the 1600m run for the boys. I warmed up with the rest of the girls and cheered for the distance boys. The boy who won the mile ran a really fast 4:27. After the boys finished, we were up!

I forgot to mention, our meet outfits are tank tops with short shorts, and they are rather baggy to be honest. Despite of the outfits though, with my new distance spikes, I was ready to run! ^^ The mile started out quickly and I was shocked at how fast some of the girls were for their first lap. Eventually by lap 3 I caught up to the main pack and tried to stick with the leaders. By the last lap the gun shot and everyone was speeding up really quickly! I ended up getting a little bit of a lead and finished 3rd with a time of 5:11. I was ok with my time, a 5:11 is honestly pretty good for the first race of the season, and I was happy to place in the top 3 as well. Though due to the transfer rule, I can't be varsity or compete in varsity races. I'll still be trying as hard as I can to run great times and set personal bests! =)

Over the rest of the course of the meet I stretched and tried my best to recover from the mile run. About 4 hours later, the boys 3200m run started and it was yet again time for us to warm up and cheer for the boys, but this time with eight laps instead of four. The boy who finished first ran under 10 minutes, which is absolutely insane! o-o I still am curious to what his final time was though. Once they finished, it was time for the girls race. This time I was a lot more confident than nervous. Knowing that I got third in the mile really boosted my confidence! ^^ The two mile started pretty fast just like the mile, but I decided to run strategically and try to pull off negative spilts. This made it so that my first lap would be my slowest and then I'd speed up with each lap having a negative split. It really payed off to start the race at a comfortably fast pace, as I continued to pass other girls as the laps went by. I even lapped a few girls after the 5th lap! I kind of felt bad, but I was absolutely determined to catch up to the front! By the last lap I caught up into first place and really tried hard to keep my long strides steady so that I could hold my pace. It wasn't until the last 100m of the race that I was out kicked and lost the race by 3 seconds. I was still happy I got second place, but was even more enjoyable was finding out I set a new personal record for the two mile! I ran an 11:09! =D

Overall, the meet was so much fun! Despite of not running any super amazing times, I competed fairly well and enjoyed the challenges I faced during the races. I was really pleased to have finished in the top 3 in both of my races and even set a new personal best for the two mile! Wink

After the meet I went home and slept from 10pm to 1pm! xD A nice long rest after working my rear off at the meet. Lets just say I had to use a lot of ice as well. With great accomplishments comes a cost, and in this case; soreness. xD

Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

Registered
04-10-2014, 08:20 PM
I have a traveling meet coming up soon! This time I'm going to try doing the big three distance events at one meet. The 800m, 1600, and 3200m. I'm also going to be competing in an upcoming 5k road race next saturday, so I'll be updating this again soon! ^^

Isaac
for Smash 4

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
04-10-2014, 11:43 PM
A 'negative split', eh? Now I know there's an actual term for that now!

What I'm perplexed by is why the race is for 1600 metres instead of 1 mile (they're about the same, but a mile is a bit longer). Maybe because the metric system is cool like that? And running 3200 metres under 10 minutes... hey, if you can run half that in 5:11, it might happen one day!

Been lurking here a while, skimmed your track meet post a while ago, but didn't fully read it 'til now. Your passion for track is remarkable; keep it up! I'll be rooting from the sidelines.

* Isaac returns to lurking

I have disappeared from here. As apology, please accept this cheery picture.

[Image: 314qek6.png]
Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

Registered
04-10-2014, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 11:56 PM by Bloom.)
A mile is 1609m, but they make it 1600m because one lap is 400m, so four laps would be 1600m which is rounded to a mile.

Thanks for the support Isaac, I'm glad you read my blog! ^^ I really appreciate it!

Isaac
for Smash 4

Registered
04-11-2014, 12:46 AM
Quote:A mile is 1609m, but they make it 1600m because one lap is 400m, so four laps would be 1600m which is rounded to a mile.
So I was right - it's because the metric system is cool like that.
1609m? I got 1613m, but it's probably because I'm using the 100-62 conversion factor, which may not be totally accurate.

Quote:Thanks for the support Isaac, I'm glad you read my blog! ^^ I really appreciate it!
Not a problem! Happy to help.

Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

Registered
04-12-2014, 01:22 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2014, 01:23 AM by Bloom.)
Finally got back from our traveling meet. I didn't run so well, and I'm really tired.... so I'll most likely be updating this tomorrow. =)

Isaac
for Smash 4

Registered
04-12-2014, 01:23 PM
* Isaac shall await the news of the track meet with bated breath.

Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

Registered
04-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Well I ran really horrible times due to sickness and horrid wind, but I have another meet tomorrow that I'm hoping for the best. I'm going to use my failure from my last meet as motivation during my races tomorrow! Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pigville - Martin's Blog Porkchop 0 124 04-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Last Post by Porkchop
  Zueq's Ba-Zueq-A~ Blog :3 Zueq 151 7,655 03-24-2017, 11:01 PM
Last Post by Zueq
  We can have a blog here? Luigi's Purple Coins 3 316 03-11-2017, 03:11 AM
Last Post by Zueq
  Minecrafting Blog ninJAS 2 336 10-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Last Post by ninJAS