Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Bloom's Running Blog
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Bloom's Running Blog
Isaac
for Smash 4

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
05-15-2014, 02:47 PM
How many more meets do you have left for this season? (Does it go from September to June or so, or is it January to December?)

I have disappeared from here. As apology, please accept this cheery picture.

[Image: 314qek6.png]
Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

PokéDollars: ₪32.09
Registered
05-15-2014, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2014, 11:36 PM by Bloom.)
Cross Country is usually August-November(If you go to state/divisionals/nationals).
Track is usually from March-June(If you go to state/divisionals/nationals).

The meets are mostly a week apart after about 20 some days of the start of practice.

Anyways, I may not be going to state, but I absolutely destroyed my times today!!!

At first I was a bit nervous for the 1600m, there were a lot of fast girls in the heat who had a reputation of starting fast straight from the gun. I didn't let it bother me and I just ran my race how I wanted to. I started the first lap in about 75 seconds, then at 2:27 for the second, than 3:42 for the third, and somehow finishing in first with 4:55. When I realized I broke 5, I was in absolute shock. Second and third place ran 4:58 and 4:59, so the competition was brutal! I felt a bit sick after my amazing race, but I wanted to give this meet my all, so I decided to run the 800m and the 3200m just for fun, but I wanted to try to PR in those races as well so I could pull off a triple PR in one meet. To be honest, I never really was good at the 800m, but somehow I ran my first lap in 66 seconds and my second in 65 and had a final time of 2:11! I would usually be cowering in pain from running that fast, but I had so much energy(probably from runner's high) and overcame my sick feeling and got 2nd in the 800m, just missing out on first by one second. I'm still happy I PR'd though. =) Then came the 3200m, I honestly had no idea what to expect. I was very tired after running two very challenging races, but somewhere in side of me was an inner drive to pull this off and get a triple PR. My first lap of the 3200m was 80seconds, and somehow I managed to maintain my pace and gradually pass girls as the race went on. It felt absolutely amazing, it was as if I was running like a gazelle on a cloud. I felt peaceful and innate from the rest of the world and focused purely on my running. I eventually caught up with the girl in first on the last lap and she didn't even bother to make a move. I finished first with an amazing 10:39! I have no idea how I pulled it off, but I PR'd in ALL of my races and still ran amazing times while winning two races and being a runner up in one I'm not as experienced with! I also broke my school's 3200m girls record, so I'm really happy about that! ^^ Overall this meet was absolutely spectacular and I'm so thankful to have ran some of the best times of my life. =)

[Image: dA219Lb.gif]
Isaac
for Smash 4

Registered
05-16-2014, 02:55 PM
Quote:there were a lot of fast girls in the heat
I did not read that initially the way it was supposed to be read. I proceeded to re-read it and correct myself, because dang it's hot outside.

Quote:I would usually be cowering in pain from running that fast, but I had so much energy(probably from runner's high) and overcame my sick feeling and got 2nd in the 800m, just missing out on first by one second. I'm still happy I PR'd though. =)
Runner's high is a wonderful thing. You get energy to spare you didn't even know you had. But yeah, wow, that competition is tough, just as you said it was.

Quote:My first lap of the 3200m was 80seconds, and somehow I managed to maintain my pace and gradually pass girls as the race went on. It felt absolutely amazing, it was as if I was running like a gazelle on a cloud.

You mean like this?

Quote:Overall this meet was absolutely spectacular and I'm so thankful to have ran some of the best times of my life. =)

Take lots of photos and frame the moment forever, so you never forget how wonderful your day was. Words and description, again, fail me at this point. Awesome job, Bloom. Awesome.

Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

Registered
05-24-2014, 01:21 AM
Thank you so much for the feedback Isaac, I apologize for the late reply! x-x

Anyways, my track season is over. Now I'm going to start my individual training for Cross Country so I can hopefully do well when the season starts in August. I'll be sure to update this blog frequently with some of my summers runs! ^^ Who knows, I might even do some road races too. Its been a while since I've done a 10k road race.

Isaac
for Smash 4

Registered
05-24-2014, 03:26 PM
You need not apologize for being late; we all have commitments we must fulfill.

It is as they say - the end of a season marks the dawn of the next one. Surely there will be more stories and adventures for you up ahead. Your running is far from over; you still have a whole race of life ahead of you - metaphor intended!

Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

Registered
06-24-2014, 11:16 PM
I have a 5miler coming up on this Friday, so I'll be sure to make another entry with details about the race! Sorry for not updating this in like a month, my training has been a bit boring and there isn't really anything worth mentioning about my past month of running. Though I happened to learn how important ice baths are.... Now I shall never take not being sore for granted again.

Isaac
for Smash 4

Registered
06-25-2014, 12:21 AM
It has been a while, true. And it's fine if you only share the interesting bits - for most people, just the day-to-day bits remain part of small talk, not big proclamations like a blog post would be. You're doing fine. I look forward to see how your 5-miler goes!

Quote:Though I happened to learn how important ice baths are.... Now I shall never take not being sore for granted again.
Heh. Yep, I can see that. Closest I get is my feet getting sore for standing up for prolonged periods of time (I'm flat-footed), but I don't think that would compare to what you do regularly.

Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

Registered
06-28-2014, 12:22 AM
So I woke up at about 5am this morning and didn't really eat anything for breakfast since the race was at 7am and I didn't want to have too much in my system. I had a little bit of some blue Gatorade, a quaker oats granola bar, and a little bit of an apple.

I later on drove to the school's parking lot in which the starting line was near. (This was a community race for charity). I did a little bit of warming up around the school's playground where the grass was really soft and damp. There was so many people at the starting line, maybe about 800 people just for the 5 mile race. I was pretty confident still, since I haven't had a good race in a while and was pumped for this one since I tend to do a bit better with longer distance runs. I stood near the front of the starting line, next to these really tall guys who looked to be pretty fast runners. I didn't see too many girls at the start except for this one girl that looked like she was in her mid twenties.

There was a lot of chatter before the race started, but once the gun was up it went completely silent. Once it fired there was cheering everywhere and the guys sprinted out so fast! I was surprised at the pace they were going out, so I just took it at a comfortably fast pace and decided to run a more strategic race since I had a feeling most of the guys would start their run pretty fast. My first mile was about 5:44 and surprisingly I felt pretty great! The course was pretty flat overall and it went through some of the woods of the park by the school. There was even a small river with a bridge that we had to cross at the 3mile marker. My 3mile time was 17:02, and by then I knew it was time to really pick up the pace and catch up to the leaders. By now I passed a lot of the guys who started out really fast, and eventually I caught up to the guy in 3rd and surged past him at the 800m to go mark. By now I was running by myself and it was pretty quiet. It wasn't until the last 200m that I heard a lot of cheering and I finally cross the finish line. The race was tough, but I still felt pretty great. My final time was 28:08, so I was happy about running under 30 minutes. ^^ I'm still surprised I was so close to running sub 28, it was a definite PR. I ended up being the first overall female in the race and 3rd overall. The guy who won the race ran a crazy fast 26:45! I was still happy about my time and placing and even got a free t-shirt for being the fastest girl! Overall, the run was pretty great, despite the dirt that got all over my shoes. =p I drove back home and washed my t-shirt and took a very long shower. xD

ninJAS
The Phoenix of Bariura Rises!

PokéDollars: ₪445.11
Registered
06-28-2014, 01:15 PM
Third out of 800 is fantastic Bloom and you were the first girl across the finish line so congrats! ^^ nearly sub 28 huh? Surprised! you have to be about as big around as my pinkie finger to run that well xD

YouTube
Battle Video Archive

[Image: OzMV8j1.png]

Thanks to Bloom for my Avatar, Signature, and Profile Background ^^
Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

Registered
06-28-2014, 09:40 PM
Haha, thanks Jas! ^^ I've been running since I was about 6 years old, and competitively since I was 11. My dad was a pretty good distance runner too, so I guess I have a bit of a runner's gene too. =p

By the way, size doesn't always make a huge factor in running well. I may be barely 80 pounds, but hey there was a pretty big guy who was in the top ten and he probably weighed like 220 pounds or something like that. xD I guess the training really makes the biggest factor of the result. You're definitely right about how most of the crazy fast people are pretty tiny though, especially on the girls side of running.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pigville - Martin's Blog Porkchop 0 124 04-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Last Post by Porkchop
  Zueq's Ba-Zueq-A~ Blog :3 Zueq 151 7,652 03-24-2017, 11:01 PM
Last Post by Zueq
  We can have a blog here? Luigi's Purple Coins 3 316 03-11-2017, 03:11 AM
Last Post by Zueq
  Minecrafting Blog ninJAS 2 336 10-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Last Post by ninJAS