Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Club Conquest
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Club Conquest
ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
07-12-2012, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012, 10:50 PM by ninJAS.)
[Image: Pokemon-Conquest.jpg]

I don't believe we have a group for Pokemon Conquest so I decided to make one ^_^ I know several members on here own the game and I havnt heard any negative comments about it either.

For this of you who have not heard about the game or don't know what it is like then here is the Official Pokemon Conquest website!

http://www.pokemonconquest.com/en-us

Everyone is free to leave their comments about the game both good and bad. Also, feel free to discuss the Pokemon you commonly use throughout your game but PLEASE refrain from giving away major details about occurrences that happen late in the game since we don't want to spoil the game for anybody ^_^

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Vursz
CTRL + Z my life.

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
07-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Ah, never saw the attraction to games like this, maybe It's just me, but It's not exactly my cup of tea. Oh well, the girl with the Golbat is kinda cute. :3

[Image: aMbtwde.png]
Vibezzz
ninJAS

Veterans
07-13-2012, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2012, 12:59 PM by ninJAS.)
Ah well everyone likes different things so it only natural that there are certain games that people don't enjoy playing.

I will say that I have no complaints at all about the game so far. I've conquered several countries now and have quite the army built up now ^_^

Also going to say that Carnavine is a freaking monster if you get a chance to use it O.O it's Vine Whip attack hits three spots at once, mine have the ability Levitate which means he can go ANYWHERE, and he has a 3 star Attack, Defense and HP which makes it hit like a truck and able to take a lot of hits as well especially early in the game. He is even quite effective later in the game...but better and better Pokemon appear so I've found myself using him a lot less here lately.

Zueq
Ba-Zueq-A~♫♩♬

PokéDollars: ₪6,873.44
Founder and Administrator
07-21-2012, 09:47 PM
So how fun was this game? I plan on buying it soon, and I'd really like to know how fun it was, how good, etc. Smile
ninJAS

Veterans
07-21-2012, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2012, 10:27 PM by ninJAS.)
Well personally I absolutely loved the game ^_^

Obviously it is different than a regular Pokemon game in the fact that it is more strategy oriented (which I loved). I will go ahead and say that Flying types and Pokemon with Levitate are seriously OP as they can move across any type of terrain whether it be lava, water, holes, and even some walls. Not only that but they generally have a very good movement range, the majority of them are at least a 3 which is about average, and fantastic attacks.

I was even thinking about making a list of the most useful Pokemon and ranking them accordingly...which I still may do...

It is important to find Pokemon that your warriors and warlords have high links with since the higher the link% the stronger the Pokemon can become.

I even found this guide (created by spaceludes) which will GREATLY help you find each warriors perfect link Pokemon.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/654723-pokemo...faqs/64464

Amphy
Meep. Meep. Meeeee Meeeep.

Registered
07-25-2012, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2012, 06:39 PM by Amphy.)
Jolly Porkchops, you made this group! I have an unfinished review for Conquest. Dragonite is so easy to get, it doesn't feel special anymore. I got Ampharos twice, beat that! I agree with ninJAS, Flying and Levitate are overpowered, but it is awesome to help out a struggling teammate. The only Flying-type without good range is Charizard, I've tried it, and it is horrible, worse than. Carnivine is great in this game! Its Vine Whip gives "3HKO" a new meaning.

EDIT: Since it's most likely never going to finish, I lost my motivation, here is my unfinished review of Conquest.

Amphy's Pokémon Conquest Review

Information
Name: Pokémon Conquest Genre: Turn-based Tactical RPG
Platform: Nintendo DS Age Rating: E for Everyone
Devoloper: Koei Publisher: Nintendo

[Image: pokemon-conquest-logo-660x347.png]

Hello, people, this is my very first review, for the newly released title, Pokémon Conquest! I got it on June 22, and took the liberty to try my hand at reviewing games (and get the badge, but that's beside the point).
As I was waiting for me to receive it, I must say, I was kind of in the dark about it. All I read was that 1) the main character male had antlers, 2) you had six Pokémon on a battlefield, and that the point of it was to 3) conquer all seventeen kingdoms, including 4) defeating that evil Nobanaga-with-Zekrom-or-awesome-Rayquaza, and 5) find a Pokémon who created the Ransei Region (we all know who it is). From that, I incorrectly concluded that the game would be very jumbled and confusing, but like a true PokéManiac, I bought it.

[Image: Tut.png]

Wrong. Right from the start I knew that the game was very organized. It taught me easily how to play in this turn-by-turn checkerboard system. The strategy is much more so than your regular battle of just sitting there and attacking a Pokémon. With the new battlefield system, if you walk as much as you can and stop near the opponent, then the opposing Pokémon can easily attack you, with you stuck there. It challenges you to think ahead with your turns, unlike the Main series, where you attack.
Now, I will be rating the game in 6 or 7 aspects; Storyline, Gameplay, Music, Easiness, and Versatility. These will all add up to the final score for the game. On we get going!

Battle Mechanics Game Basics
Up to six Pokémon on each side are positioned on the battlefield, one for each participating Warlord, and both sides take turns moving and attacking with their Pokémon. A battle is won or lost when one side achieves the victory conditions for the match, for example defeating all the opponent’s Pokémon, or capturing all the flags on the field, and so on. When a battle is won, all participating Pokémon gain points to their Link with their respective Warlords. The player can recruit more Warlords, and thus more potential Pokémon to choose from for battle, throughout the game, often through defeating them in battle.
The storyline is to conquer all 17 kingdoms of Ransei, therefore defeating Nobunaga (who is the bad guy in this game) and finding the legendary Pokémon that is said to have created Ransei. It is set in Feudal Japan, where Samurai and Ninjas and that based upon. While this game only has Pokémon on the title, it is actually a crossover with another franchise, the nearly unknown Nobunaga's Ambition.

[Image: pokemon-conquest-2.png]

Gameplay

Storyline
Right from the start, this game was great and rich of content, with the Pokémon, the new characters, and storyline. The game developed nicely, with the plot of that typical evil person wanting to rule Ransei and destroy you in the process. There were great twists and turns, and some shows, The ending was great, as is all battles with evil people are supposed to be. And the graphics helped to convey some of the themes, blending in very well.
The thing that bothers me is that during the middle to late game, it could have been worked on a little, with you just mindlessly wandering and conquering Viperia against Zubat and ninjas.
4/5

Music and Graphics
Which brings us to the Music and Graphics. As the music can set the mood, this one can do everything the sound effects and compositions are expected of. I have grown to hate that Fish sound that implies a Burn, and the Music makes everything tense with the right tone. The graphics on a DS game like this really shines. The character and Pokémon illustrations are so eye-catching that you don't need 3D to make it realistic.
The one thing wrong about Music is the Normal-type battle music. I have a black rage for the Normal-type battle theme, it appears so often that I turn the DS's volume off to escape the mind numbing-power of a theme playing for an hour.
4/5

Versatility
As with any Pokémon game, you have the Pokémon. As is expected, you can change around your team, using completely different Pokémon each time you start out a Playthrough, so that's okay. You can also challenge yourself to make it easier or harder. I could envision somebody doing a variant on the Nuzlocke or Monotype or etc. And then you can always battle against your friends with wireless connection. The thing I like about it is that you can choose your path, kind of, from the fourth kingdom onwards, you can choose which of several kingdoms to invade. Not as linear as Pokémon Black and White, more like Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, where you could choose to battle Chuck, Jasmine, or Pryce first.
Really, this game is about as versatile as any of the main series games. The team, challenges, multiple ways to go, everything. You decide if that's okay or not.
4/5

In Comparison to Other Games
This game is often compared to Final Fantasy Tactics and Fire Emblem, and I can see why.
Final Fantasy Tactics is so similar to Conquest in regards to the game in general, and then some more. It's a tactical RPG, meaning that you can. It also has the battles lain out onto that 3D checkerboard. It shows where your warriors can move to. You battle against kingdoms. It even has a leveling system.

[Image: BattleGrid.jpg]

My Overall Opinion
This game was a major success. The planning of the storyline was well thought-out, the gameplay, the animations. While there was a few nitpicks here and there, I like this game so much, it's just so addicting. I've already beat it twice, and the end still provides a refreshing challenge just as hard as any League Champion in the Main Series. If you like Tactical games, then this will suit you well.
Is it worth buying? Definitely. If you are a long-time fan of Pokémon and just like the change in your games, then this will be great for you. And if you are still just looking for a change, then you might want to consider it. For the US, then buying it at Walmart or Target will suffice. They cost $5 less than GameStop or any other place, only $30.
Really, this game is a fantastic addition to the great library of Pokémon Spin-offs. Right up there with PMD in my book, this game expands the Pokémon world in the best way possible.

Final Score: 8.75/10
So... V for Victory!

[Image: 494Victini.png]

Thanks to Zueq for the avatar and banner!
ninJAS

Veterans
07-26-2012, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2012, 10:15 PM by ninJAS.)
That is actually a very nice review Amphy ^_^ I hope that you are able to finish it though! 

I was greatly let down by Charizard's 2 space movement and since Dragonite has the same then I haven't even caught a Dratini yet >.<

Really though there are quite a few great Pokemon to use in the main story line and post game as well. There are 6 Pokemon I used quite regularly though that are excellent and several that surprised me when I tried them and found out how good they were ^_^

1) Vaporeon is by far the strongest Eeveelution. 5 star Hp, 4 star Attack, 3 stars in Defense and Speed, 4 space movement, and the attack Hydro Pump make it hit like a truck. I normally run both Vaporeon and Gyarados in the same team since the former can be healed by the latter thanks to it's ability Water Absorb.

Attack Range

[P] [ ] [ ] [ ]

2) Gyarados is a very fearsome Water type as well. Slightly difficult to evolve from a Magikarp but after it does it will cause problems for ANY opponent. 4 stars in Hp-Attack-Defense, 3 stars in speed, 3 space movement, and Aqua Tail make Gyarados hit extremely hard. On top of that it has some great Ability options in Intimidate (lowers opponents Attack) and Frighten (lowers opponents Speed and Defense). Aqua Tail also causes any Pokemon hit by it to be knocked back one space which can be very useful from time to time especially in banner battles.

Attack Range

[ ]
[P] [ ]
     [ ]

3) Tyranitar does have a pretty poor movement range (only 2 spaces) but it is so strong that I can't help but use it. 4 star Hp and Defense, 5 star attack, 3 star Speed, 2 space movement, and Stone Edge cause TTar to move slow but deal massive damage with a high chance to critical hit up to 5 targets at one time! I always link Larvitar with the guy who uses Ryperior since he has a 90% link with it and TTar outclasses Ryperior all day long IMO.

Attack Range

[ ]
[P] [ ] [ ] [ ]
         [ ]

4) Darmanitan is IMO one of the best Fire type in the game. 4 star Hp, 5 star Attack, 2 Defense, 4 Speed, 3 space movement, and Fire Blast cause it to deal a TON of damage..plus it has a crazy big number of spaces it attacks. It's high Speed and Attack are its main selling points which causes it to have a high output and accurate attack option. He was a great help against the Steel nation and beat it pretty much singlehandedly.

Attack Range

[ ]       [ ]
[P] [ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ]       [ ]

5) Machamp is a great Fighting type with 4 star Hp and Attack, 3 star Defense, 2 star Speed, 3 space movement, Cross Chop, and the Ability Conqueror. Not a lot of good Fighting type options other than Conkeldurr and Scrafty who underclass Machamp IMO due to his Ability, hit critical hit chance, and attack area with no negative side effects.

Attack Range

[ ]    [ ]
[P][ ]
[ ]    [ ]

6) Glaceon is really the only decent option you have for an Ice type before you beat the game...afterwards it is greatly outclassed by Lapras. 3 star Hp and Speed, 4 star Attack and Defense, and 4 space movement make it operate quite well. Icy Wind is a decent attack though Ice Beam would have been much better....even Blizzard. Glaceon is really the easiest way to beat the Dragon nation unless you go for a Froslass (who is also decent) or Glalie (actually gets Ice Beam).

Attack Range

----[ ]
[P] [ ]
     [ ]

Amphy

Registered
07-27-2012, 02:50 PM
(07-26-2012, 10:13 PM)ninJAS Wrote: That is actually a very nice review Amphy ^_^ I hope that you are able to finish it though! 

I was greatly let down by Charizard's 2 space movement and since Dragonite has the same then I haven't even caught a Dratini yet >.<
Attack Range

[ ]
[P] [ ]
     [ ]

3) Tyranitar does have a pretty poor movement range (only 2 spaces) but it is so strong that I can't help but use it. 4 star Hp and Defense, 5 star attack, 3 star Speed, 2 space movement, and Stone Edge cause TTar to move slow but deal massive damage with a high chance to critical hit up to 5 targets at one time! I always link Larvitar with the guy who uses Ryperior since he has a 90% link with it and TTar outclasses Ryperior all day long IMO.

Thanks, but I won't be finishing it anytime soon.
Charizard usually becomes a drag on my team when fighting nations, it's so slow. That's also why I usually stray from Tyranitar, but I have to agree with you, TTar is way better than Shingen and Rhyperior. The main gripe I have about them is that Rhyperior has a sort of Hyper Beam, you can't attack next turn.
Now that I read your part about Glaceon, I realize I've never used any Ice-types. I usually use Garchomp and Dragonite to hit them hard, both have Dragon Rush and Garchomp is immune to Nobunaga's
What do you prefer, range or strength? I go for a mixture of both, like Jolteon is great with its range, but it can also hit, too. If it's leaning too much on one side then I probably won't use it. Like Rhyperior and Charizard leaning too much on strength, and therefore not having range.
What is your favorite warrior? For the special warriors, I'd have to say Kenshin and Hanbei, great name and great Pokemon. Takatane has an Ampharos, so my vote goes for him in regular warriors. My favorite region would be Cragspur for the puzzle in the battle, and Illusio for its great artwork and awesome Mewtwo that I managed to catch there.

ninJAS

Veterans
07-31-2012, 08:53 AM
Have successfully logged 70 hours of gameplay on Conquest now and have only just completed 8 of the side stories with about 20 or so to go >.< lol this game is so addictive I didn't even notice how long I been playing it until I looked at the time......so much fun though.....

Actually wanted to start doing a daily Pokemon/Warrior post in here to give some more information about the game and which Warriors and Pokemon are good to use and whatnot.

Amphy

Registered
07-31-2012, 02:27 PM
I've completed ten and have 94 hours. I remember going into zombie mode a couple of nights ago and took three hours to upgrade all the kingdom facilities everywhere to level 3. By the time I was finished, I had 250,000 dollars.
If you do that daily thing, let me talk about Shoun or Chikamasa.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ✵Winx Club✵ Bloom 29 5,280 09-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Last Post by xKiYoMiNaTiONx
  Swords > Axes > Lances: The Fire Emblem Club Hylia 12 2,508 08-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Last Post by ninJAS
  Official! Written Word lovers club! Zether-Man 4 1,295 04-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Last Post by Zueq