Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
DPPT: Rate My 4th Gen Competitive Team?
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

DPPT: Rate My 4th Gen Competitive Team?
WillsPokemon
Pokémon Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
05-23-2012, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 08:57 PM by Hana Song.)
Well, its been awhile since I've played 4th Gen., but I think I'm ready. So here we go!

[Image: 477.gif]
Nature: Impish
Item: Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Gravity
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split
Earthquake

Easy enough set. Will-O-Wisp is to weaken attacks, Gravity is to hit pokemon with Earthquake, and Gain and deal health with Pain Split.

[Image: 195.gif]
Nature: Careful
252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SpD
Yawn
Curse
Ice Punch
Earthquake

Quagsire is now in OU. Yes. Earthquake and Ice Punch supplies good coverage, Yawn forces switches (and goes good with Spike support), and Curse powers up Atk and Defense. With 2 Resistances, Water and Electric, making switches can be a breeze at times. Waters and Electrics will have trouble doing anything to this tough thing, even with Life Orb. Opposing Trick Roomers also helps this pokemon sets up with Curse.

[Image: 243.gif]
Nature: Timid
Item: Life Orb
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt/Thunder
Shadow Ball
Roar

This makes up for my lack of a Special Sweeper. This pokemon sets up with Calm Mind, Roars away anything it doesn't like, and hits hard with Thunderbolt/Thunder and Shadow Ball. I need help to figure out if I should use Thunder or Thunderbolt because I have Gravity (which boosts accuracy).

[Image: 242.gif]
Nature: Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Seismic Toss
Aromatherapy
Thunder Wave
Softboiled

Pretty common Blissey set. Walls Special Attackers, and can spread Paralysis throughout the team. Aromatherapy is to heal status, while Seismic Toss helps it to at least do 100 damage.

[Image: 227.gif]
Nature: Impish
Item: Shed Bell
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Spikes
Whirld Wind
Roost
Brave Bird

With this, I have the SkarmBliss combo. Perfect. Spikes + Whirld Wind causes damage to foes, Impish makes sure Attackers don't get by. Brave Bird and Roost go together and great with this set. Shed Bell is so Magneton/Magnezone won't catch it off guard, then making a switch to Quagsire.

[Image: 149.gif]
Nature: Adamant
252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
Roost
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch

Risky, but clever set. Sets up with Dragon Dance, and can sweep pretty easily. Roost is so it can heal itself so it can stay alive and set up with Dragon Dance. Dragon Claw and Fire Punch has beast coverage.

Well, this is my team. Please give it a rate and tell me if I missed or messed up something Smile Also, if the team is THAT bad, just remember its been awhile since I've played, but anyways, rate ahead. Smile

Will Was Here
[Image: qn0nsi.png]
(So was Quagsire)
shenanigans
↞The Swashbucklin' Fool↠

Registered
05-23-2012, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2012, 11:36 PM by shenanigans.)
You might wanna remove the 139 from the IMG tags; it's breaking them so they don't work.

Bordeaux
Shoe Connoisseur

PokéDollars: ₪11.77
Registered
05-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Pain Split is a must on Dusknoir as it's HP is extremely low as it is. It gives you the chance to steal from the ever-so-common Blissey and other things with High HP. I'd remove Gravity for that.

Since your running a Curse Set on Quagsire, wouldn't you want to put more Sp.Def Evs into it? It already isn't the fastest thing ever. I'd make it as bulky as possible to take maybe a Grassknot from Infernape possibly.

Put HP Ice on Raikou. Gives you a makeshift BoltBeam combo. I'd use Substitute over Roar personally, since Skarmory is there.

I'd get rid of Ice Beam on Blissey and go with Aromatherapy on Blissey.

Skarmory is fine.

I'd take off the Heal Bell from Dragonite. I'd swap Dragon Claw for Outrage for more power (If your willing too, I don't know how you feel about being locked into one move.) Maybe add Earthquake to Dragonite in place of Heal Bell.

I haven't done a RMT of 4th Gen in awhile, so i don't know how much this will help. I hope this is to some use of you. I will rate this again if I look at 4th Gen sets if I get time.
WillsPokemon
Pokémon Trainer

Registered
05-23-2012, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2012, 07:57 PM by WillsPokemon.)
Replace Gravity?
Whhhheeewwww...
You're right though. It does need Pain Split.. Quagsire already has Earthquake, so maybe I'll keep Dynamic Punch, but but then that means I can't hit Ghosts.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Should I switch up Quagsire's Atk and SpD Ev's (exchange them for each other)?

Roar is just there for Spike support and so it won't have to switch out itself.

Will Was Here
(So was Quagsire)
Bordeaux
Shoe Connoisseur

Registered
05-23-2012, 07:56 PM
I'd go with Shadow Sneak for STAB on Dusknoir over Dynamic Punch. I believe it gets priority too (i'm not too sure anymore about that.) If your worried about a fighting type move, put Brick Break on Dragonite.

I'd exchange the Ev's of Quagsire.
shenanigans
↞The Swashbucklin' Fool↠

Registered
05-23-2012, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2012, 11:36 PM by shenanigans.)
Without Gravity, I'd go with thunderbolt over thunder. Even with gravity, I'd do that. By the time Raikou was set up and ready to sweep through his enemies, Gravity would have gone back to normal. xD But that's just me, I suppose.

Bordeaux
Shoe Connoisseur

Registered
05-23-2012, 08:01 PM
(05-23-2012, 07:58 PM)CloudStorm Wrote: Without Gravity, I'd go with thunderbolt over thunder. Even with gravity, I'd do that. By the time Raikou was set up and ready to sweep through his enemies, Gravity would have gone back to normal. xD But that's just me, I suppose.

It's not just you, It's me too.
WillsPokemon
Pokémon Trainer

Registered
05-23-2012, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2012, 08:12 PM by WillsPokemon.)
True.. I'll just keep Thunderbolt.. It has good STAB anyways, and once I've set up with CM, if I miss, I'm screwed.

Also, about Dragonite, should I go with Roost over Heal Bell? I'm not so into Blissey without Ice Beam... It's hard to switch in on a Ghost type.

EDIT: Just changed Quagsire's EV's and gave Dusknoir Pain Split over Dynamic Punch. Earthquake is only going to be not very effective against Grass types with Gravity.

Will Was Here
(So was Quagsire)
Bordeaux
Shoe Connoisseur

Registered
05-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Standard Blissey worked wonders in 4th Gen with that set I gave you. If you feel uncomfortable leave it I suppose. Blissey is the best user of Aromatherapy / Heal Bell in 4th Gen. I just see it as a must.

Roost is another option over Heal Bell.
WillsPokemon
Pokémon Trainer

Registered
05-23-2012, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2012, 08:17 PM by WillsPokemon.)
Yeah, it works well, but I'm just the person who is afraid of not being able to hit.

If I replace Heal Bell, I have no Status healer.... Roost and Dragon Dance seems promising... I guess I'll replace Ice Beam with Heal Bell on Blissey.

Will Was Here
(So was Quagsire)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XY: Rate my babies! (UU) hotchocolat 3 1,063 07-25-2015, 10:51 PM
Last Post by Blaze
  XY: Bug Team 2.0 Joaquin 6 2,047 04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Last Post by Joaquin
  XY: RMT : Porygon's Doubles Team~ Porygon 2 1,588 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post by Porygon
  XY: RMT 6th Gen [OU] Cujo 12 3,510 02-02-2014, 02:24 AM