Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Poll: Do you think Nintendo is upgrading its consoles too fast?
This poll is closed.
Yes
66.67%
4 66.67%
No
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you think Nintendo is upgrading its consoles too fast?
Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Do you think Nintendo is upgrading its consoles too fast?
StrawberryG
Pokémon Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
12-14-2014, 11:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2014, 05:56 AM by StrawberryG.)
Most of you probably are aware that Nintendo has already stopped the production of Nintendo 3DS XL's in Japan, Australia and New Zealand, and are now producing new Nintendo 3DS's which come in both the average as well as the large size if I'm not mistaken. Yes they are called the 'new Nintendo 3DS'.
I know that this is inevitable and that Nintendo has to keep upgrading its consoles if they want to stay at the same level as there competitors. But the reason I am upset is that well...i just got my Nintendo 3DS Xl. Apparently in the coming future they are hoping to release games which will only be playable on the new console.
I really don't know when this new console will be available in the other parts of the world, but I am quite sure it will happen soon.

Let me know what you think in the comments below and I'm sorry the layout of this post isn't so great i might edit it later. Just typing this using my phone lol.

3DS FC: 0361-8810-9180

[Image: IUGddQ9_zpsc72bd156.png]

Thanks Bloom or my sig ^^
Flyleaf
bright, not just white

PokéDollars: ₪52.34
Registered
12-15-2014, 06:40 AM
Honestly, from a business standpoint, I completely agree with this. And yet from a consumer standpoint, unless I'm some random parent with a full wallet and noisy brats for kids, I don't see the appeal for this. I had my DS Lite for ages. Still do, actually. Just beat Black for the 6th time. Now all of a sudden - right when I am actually in the market to get a 3DS/2DS, - a new console. I am already having troubles scraping up the money for the consoles now without a job - and from who I know that buy Nintendo consoles, you buy it yourself, because your parents won't. So I'm not saying that I'm against it. It's just that sometimes great business decisions can really screw over parts of a company's userbase.
Well, that's my mini rant. :/
✯Ho-OhLugia✯
Angels of Truth and Ideals

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
12-16-2014, 04:29 PM
Well, I like to buy all consoles, but they come out in a flash, when I just bought my 3DS. It's too much money to spend, since I also have a twin sister... But I believe approximately one console is coming out every year.

[Image: D5Ctidw.jpg]
We are ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Twin heroes of Truth and Ideals.
Want to see great art? Any requests? Click this warp text to see it!
Ramo
Junior Trainer

Registered
12-18-2014, 06:20 PM
This is why I don't buy every single console. They come out so fast that it's hard to keep up and you spend so much money on them. I usually wait anywhere from 3 - 5 years before I buy the newest console.
Meloetta
New Trainer

Registered
12-19-2014, 02:01 AM
YES because it takes out every single proper DS game since you can play it on the 3DS and the DS is actually being forgotten since everything is upgrading i hate it when this happens
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
12-19-2014, 02:40 AM
(12-19-2014, 02:01 AM)Meloetta Wrote: YES because it takes out every single proper DS game since you can play it on the 3DS and the DS is actually being forgotten since everything is upgrading i hate it when this happens

yeah it does suck, but nintendo has always pulled the console exlusive move, every gaming company does it, right? you can't interface all of the games anyway. so don't throw away your old consoles!

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Nintendo Switch the "new" 3DS? Zueq 1 364 04-04-2017, 11:37 PM
Last Post by Rouge007
  Nintendo Switch! Zueq 2 500 03-05-2017, 02:21 AM
Last Post by smoakdragon
  R.I.P Club Nintendo Zueq 5 505 07-02-2015, 08:54 PM
Last Post by xKiYoMiNaTiONx
  Nintendo Amiibo and Super Smash Rouge007 0 397 08-29-2014, 05:07 PM
Last Post by Rouge007