Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Electric Arcadia - Cyberia's Blog
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Electric Arcadia - Cyberia's Blog
CyChill
Games Designer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
07-27-2013, 06:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 08:21 AM by CyChill.)
Honestly a work in progress. As of now I guess I can write about yesterday, not that much happened, as I plan to flesh out this writing later on.

As per usual I awoke before my alarm, and spent 7 hours in a car to travel 350 miles to where I formally lived. I don't recall most of it, as I slept. XD

I brought my Wii U and 3DS for entertainment, and I hope to pick up Pikmin 3 while here.

[Image: images_zps5a148997.jpg]

I am refusing to touch any work at all, because I simply wish to relax for a while, for the first time in what feels like forever.

I did manage to write my Sonic Rush review, and also upload a part of an LP for my channel, and also inadvertently make someone love the videos for some reason! Sorry @Jesse! XD I also came up with a way to bring in my fourteenth Let's Play, which has a fair load of work going into it at the moment. I have plans for it to be our biggest yet, and I'm going to do some special things with it, if possible. That will begin in early August I hope, as I have yet to start working on it. I could say what it is...

[Image: WreckItRalph21_Eggman_1246_zpsa3df03f3.jpg]

Apart from that...I really don't have much. Normally I'd write about my school day but...I guess I played Sonic Rush some more, and New Super Mario Bros. U, got the Ice Beam in Super Metroid (I'm taking it slow) and highly anticipating the announcement of the next actor for Doctor Who and more Sonic: Lost World information.

I promise this blog will have more added to it, as there are still ideas going through my mind, and as it stands I want to take things slow. I have to get a few ideas going for my Computing project, and my EPQ and UCAS application. All so very busy still but I'm not worrying about it.

Oh, and before I forget, yes, when I feel particularly girly or feminine or...happy...for want of a better term my 'personality' changes, although really it's a big mood swing, where I become "Sarah" who is generally nice to talk to. Again, no one really notices but it's worth throwing out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-KqDVNowKU

Design, Create, Innovate
CyChill
Games Designer

Registered
07-27-2013, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2013, 09:01 AM by CyChill.)
Super Metroid: Day 3!

[Image: super-metroid-logo.jpg]

So, I got the Ice Beam in 'lovely' Norfair, allowing enemies to become platforms. With this new power, I quickly found new areas, mostly Missile expansions, but also, on the path of another way from Crateria to Brinstar, Power Bombs! Lovely screen nuking goodness! Now I won't have to bomb every wall I see individually if my Metroid senses tingle. I got a few more Missile expansions throughout Brinstar, some Super Missile expansions, some Reserve Tanks (Which heal me when I am low on health, very useful!) and I found more Power Bombs.

Feeling rather powerful at this point (Who wouldn't?) I checked out what was east of the passage from Brinstar to Crateria, specifically, what was east of my ship. Here I found some water, that nerfs my acrobatics significantly, and a Missile pack on a pillar, with what look like Grapple Beam ports above.

Obviously I needed the Grapple Beam, so, with nowhere else to go, back to Norfair.

Here, I used a Power Bomb to access the map data for Norfair, and holy god this place is HUGE! Indeed I found some more Missiles, and eventually made my way deeper into Norfair, and the further down you go, the more claustrophobic it gets.

At the very base, I blasted a door with a Super Missile, and entered a cavern with no escape. Here I found Crocomire, the next boss. All I had to do was push him into the acid beyond with some Missiles and Super Missiles to the mouth, and really, it wasn't that hard, but his death was grim.

Spoiler:
[Image: hqdefault.jpg?feature=og]

Upon examining the pool where Crocomire turned his toes, I saw more Grapple Points, and deduced I must venture further beyond to find my next objective.

Unfortunately, there was no way out, until Crocomire's bony remains crashed through a wall. A little more exploration beyond that and I did indeed find the Grapple Beam, but not before doing a Speed Booster long jump over the acid and reaching a new Energy Tank. 99 more HP for me. I began to get adjusted to utilizing the Grapple Beam, and I began to recall areas before which were inaccessible, including a few more via Power Bomb. I know I won't find everything, and there will be more Missiles than I need, so I'll leave it for now.

I plan to explore the rest of what I can in Norfair before turning back to explore the east of Crateria....

Design, Create, Innovate
CyChill
Games Designer

Registered
07-27-2013, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2013, 01:55 PM by CyChill.)
Super Metroid: Day 4!

So, with the Grapple Beam now in hand, I travelled back through Norfair. I soon learned that the Grapple Beam could also open blue doors and even be used to swing on certain enemies, and using this newfound skill, I nabbed more Power Bombs.

Exploring deeper into Norfair, I found an Energy Recharge Station, which I was thankful for. I soon stumbled into a room filled with lava and Grapple Ports ahead, so with some quick swinging, I found myself in a previous area, with a Power Bomb door below. In here, the room was literally flooded with lava, but there was a crevice I could roll into. It was sadly a dead end, but there was clearly a pathway through the lava and into a draconian shaped statue beyond...that looked a lot like....naawwww!

Spoiler:
[Image: RidleySSBB.jpg]

I made note of this interesting site and proceeded further into previous areas, where I found a room I needed the Grapple Beam for. I nabbed some Missiles, but on diving further in, I also got the Wave Beam, enabling my beam shots to pass through walls!

Back in Brinstar, I came across a glass tube near the entrance to Norfair. I decided to Power Bomb in there and shattered the tube with ease, exposing me to a new area, Meridia, however this was a water based area and survival was slim until I found better mobility in water.

Also in Brinstar, I accessed a fairly dark room, and with some Grapple Swings, I got the X-Ray Scope. Using this, I can see hidden passages! I also got another Energy Tank using the Wave Beam, which rounded off Brinstar nicely for now.

Using Crateria as a stop gap, I made way to a higher location in Brinstar, where I used a Power Bomb to blast a ceiling open, and used a well placed Shine Spark (HOOOOOO!) to get to a hidden room...full of water...Obviously, my next ideal goal is to find a way to remove the detrimental effects of water on my abilities.

Heading east past my ship, I used the Grapple Beam to get the Missiles on the pillar, but also to explore beyond that. I found an outdoor area, with strange metallic structures littering the site. Using my trusty Grapple Beam, I ninja leaped through them, avoiding the deepening waters below.

I approached a larger metallic structure, slowly decaying as evidenced by the debris nearby. Using a Super Missile, the security hatch opened. Inside, the hall was pitch black, with a horde of insects fleeing as the door closed. I checked my map to discover I was now in the Wrecked Ship...

Blog Entry: 27/7/13

Today was slow. I started my Super Metroid entries into the blog, as I think chronicling my gaming adventures like a novel would be a fun thing to do, alongside my daily life! ^_^

I drank 4 cups of tea...woke up at 9am...saw Dad today, found out he has a new cat, which is okay if it wasn't trying to ninja onto me all the time. Also found out there will be some gardening on Monday for me to 'enjoy' because physical labour is obviously my thing. -.-

Spoiler:
[Image: demotivational__ninja_cat_by_imaninja2-d4urv3d.jpg]

I...really don't have much on today, as it really has been...quiet. I imagine once I am home things will pick up. I am also waiting to see when I can go into town for Pikmin 3! ^_^

The same store I plan on going to will be dishing out a Shiny Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, but sadly when I am nowhere near one of those stores. I always miss event Pokémon!Sad

Design, Create, Innovate
CyChill
Games Designer

Registered
07-27-2013, 04:35 PM
Update!

I am pleased to announce that I am getting up and working on LP14 tomorrow, and all I can give to you few who care is a little information for now...

[Image: untitled_zpsf9cc306a.png]

I hope you all look forward to the 8th.

Design, Create, Innovate
CyChill
Games Designer

Registered
07-28-2013, 03:18 AM
Update 2!

I was working a while on deciding how to do this but behold:

Spoiler:
[Image: rampc2endofvdeo_zpsa3a611b5.png]

This image will be used at the end of every video with annotations. The middle section will feature the name of the game, which I still choose to keep to myself and the space-y background will act as a hint. ^_^

Design, Create, Innovate
CyChill
Games Designer

Registered
07-28-2013, 04:18 AM
Super Metroid: Day 5!

Journeying into the Wrecked Ship instilled fear into me. There was perpetual darkness and strange insects devouring what technology they could find. I pressed on to locate a save room, but without power, this unit was useless.

I soon explored into the lower regions of the ship, and the further I got the more ghostly screaming skulls appeared and called out. In the base of the ship, I was locked into a solitary room, where flames soon lit a circle, and a great creature appeared: Phantoon, The Interdimensional Spirit!

Spoiler:
[Image: Boss_phantoon.jpg]

This ghostly demon was feasting on the souls of those trapped in the wreckage, and also proved quite resilient to weaponry. The best was repelled however, by a stand alone Wave Beam blast. It became clear ghosts do not like the Ghostbuster gun. The battle lasted for quite some time, until finally Phantoon dispersed into a vortex of explosions.

The power was restored and the specters no more, so all the droids in the ship were restored. I downloaded nearby Map Data and found a flooded room, reminding me of my goal.

I located more Super Missiles before shooting through the top of the chambers. To the east lay some Missiles, but to the west lay the rocky outcroppings of Crateria where the ship has seemingly crashed when Phantoon attacked.

I located some crevaces, and rolled through a cave into a new area of the vessel, littered with sharp objects, and after some nimble grappling, I landed in the hands of a Torizo Statue, which took me below decks, where, after crashing through the floor, I found more Missiles, and with a Power Bomb to clear to the way, a Reserve Tank.

Back near the statue, I found what I had hoped for: The Gravity Suit. Apart from making me a rather fabulous purple colour, it also granted me full mobility in water, and even immunity to some kinds of lava.

I ventured outside only to drop near the first lower entrance of the ship. I found the flooded room once more, using my newfound mobility to climb out onto the other side of the wreckage, where some cliffsides led to Meridia...

Design, Create, Innovate
CyChill
Games Designer

Registered
07-28-2013, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2013, 06:23 AM by CyChill.)
Super Metroid: Day 6!

So, traversing the waterlogged cliff in Crateria, I came across a seemingly endless pit. Deep within, a Power Bomb door was blown to allow me access to the next area. I took the elevator down and entered the largest cave network on Zebes: Maridia.

Inside, all sorts of sandy caverns were sprawled around, with exotic and deadly beasts laying within.

I had no idea what I was expecting to find here, but given it was such a large area, I safely assumed something here would be involved with Ridley's plans!

Already I felt the benefits of the Gravity Suit, which granted me such wonderous capabilities, and no doubt made dealing with the creatures easier.

I soon began to realize some areas were simply out of my reach. I knew now my immediate goal was to find some way of reaching high areas inaccessible via Wall Jump.

I soon found a door that dropped me right through a tube, sending me past what seemed to be some form of facility. Inside there was a gelatinous creature, and the area seemed secure. Sure enough I was released at a lower point in the area, but still within the facility. I decided this aquatic base would be an excellent starting point, both to look for new items and to find out what Ridley was doing and where he was hiding.

I ran into some hostile crustacean creatures soon enough, and was intrigued. These creatures were aggressive, but also large, and seemed intent on protecting the site despite not seeming affiliated with Ridley.

I found the Map Data within and holy lord this place is MASSIVE! I found the area connecting to Brinstar, and travelled ahead, hoping to re-enter the facility.

Sure enough, the caves did prove unsettling. Inside lay more Super Missiles, which are always helpful. In the caves came more Space Pirates, only invincible to my attacks. There must be a way to boost my power beam further beyond. I soon found a secret area that connected me to a higher area of Brinstar. It became apparent that to fully explore Maridia, I would need to attack the base directly, but getting within was proving difficult...

Design, Create, Innovate
CyChill
Games Designer

Registered
07-28-2013, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2013, 04:28 PM by CyChill.)
Blog Entry: 28/7/13

Well today was nice. Saw more of the family, got up early as usual, drank more tea, and decided I might as well give something on this site another whack now all possible distractions are removed! ^_^ Hoping that goes well.

Found out about Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus today, very excited. Also got more of Super Metroid up, and also did some work for Project: R214 done. Just a little longer before I can get really into editing it all soon.

Finally, I get to spend a few hours talking to my boyfriend <3 How I love him and Skype that glorious thing.

Aaannnddd that proposition gets blown the bits...for the fourth time. I'm noticing a distinct trend.

Design, Create, Innovate
CyChill
Games Designer

Registered
07-29-2013, 03:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2013, 03:11 AM by CyChill.)
Blog Entry: 29/7/13

Well, starting to put my league hopes into it's coffin. Quite a hard think to do, coming to terms that you have pretty much lost what little hope you had. I guess I'll just have to find other ways to be happy here, preferably without being near any staff it seems.

Got to spend the day with the kids and tidying my father's garden. Great. The last thing I want is to be working in this heat on a garden but....suitable punishment from God I guess.

More tea, no Super Metroid today, and still haven't got Pikmin 3. Sad

[Image: Untitled_zps8eb2a4c4.png]

PokeSun as I now see it.

Design, Create, Innovate
shenanigans
↞The Swashbucklin' Fool↠

Registered
07-29-2013, 04:52 PM
*eyetwitch* Internet Explorer... <.<

Possibly Related Threads...