Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Electric Arcadia - Cyberia's Blog
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Electric Arcadia - Cyberia's Blog
CyChill
Games Designer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
09-22-2014, 06:13 PM
I got sleep last night. Not a party in sight. Can't say the same for tonight, but I will get to that in a moment.

I had to go through university regulations today, and also some study skills on the library and academic resources training. Nothing too bad. Got another practical and quiz tomorrow, which should be fun, then just a meeting on Wednesday and off to EGX London on Thursday.

Tonight though...my flatmates offered me a shot glass of fruit juice. Guys, that just murdered all possible trust by offering me a spiked drink and it also makes me feel really insecure in my home.

I am actually wanting to go home right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-KqDVNowKU

Design, Create, Innovate
✯Ho-OhLugia✯
Angels of Truth and Ideals

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
09-27-2014, 08:30 PM
Do you want to design a computer game? Wow! I'd love to play it!

Ah, I hope you get more sleep now, sleep is good for you. But I know how bad it is when there is loud music whilst you are trying to sleep.

Wait, so the highest in 70%? Does that mean no-one can get higher?

[Image: D5Ctidw.jpg]
We are ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Twin heroes of Truth and Ideals.
Want to see great art? Any requests? Click this warp text to see it!
Isaac
for Smash 4

Registered
09-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Nah, he said that 70% is the highest grade that can be expected. It is possible to go beyond, but it's extremely rare.

I have disappeared from here. As apology, please accept this cheery picture.

[Image: 314qek6.png]
CyChill
Games Designer

Registered
09-29-2014, 03:45 PM
(09-27-2014, 08:30 PM)✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Wrote: Do you want to design a computer game? Wow! I'd love to play it!

Ah, I hope you get more sleep now, sleep is good for you. But I know how bad it is when there is loud music whilst you are trying to sleep.

Wait, so the highest in 70%? Does that mean no-one can get higher?

70% is First Class. My personal tutor got 80%-90% which was the highest in the whole university when he was there.

I will update this tomorrow...when all 4 of my classes are past. Long days. 10-6 every Monday and Tuesday plus the 48 hours work outside of lectures and practicals is quite a lot.

Design, Create, Innovate
Hana Song
DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

PokéDollars: ₪16.92
Registered
09-30-2014, 01:15 PM
The Threads 'Electric Arcadia - Cyberia's Blog' and 'Computer Games Design and Hell Itself' have been merged - two personal blog threads are not required by any member. Please refrain from creating multiple threads for the same thing in the future. Thank you.

[Image: VN3xUdv.png]

anxiety trip
CyChill
Games Designer

Registered
09-30-2014, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2014, 03:07 PM by CyChill.)
If you are my cherry bomb then I don't like fruit. Anyway...

All 4 classes done for the week, two full days as opposed to my flatmates with 4/5 short days. So, a full list of assessments, tasks, and general stuff to happen comes next probably tomorrow.

Here it is. My week in lectures.

Introduction to Web Development

A short introduction to what we will be doing. HTML/5, CSS/3 and scripting, without use of Dreamweaver. All from hand this time. How exciting. We have to review some existing websites in terms of colours, layout, usability and such, and I think I /might/ know a certain site in my firing line.

Games Production

Another short task. Review an existing puzzle game, see our assignment and make a game using a few physical assets to present next week. Just a short puzzle game you can play on your desk. Granted pebbles, playing cards, dominoes and dice aren't the best but oh well. Work with what you have.

Introduction to 3D Modelling

We got a show around the basics of 3DS Max, which is modeling software, and were given the task of using the software to model a toy train using only the primitive shapes, such as spheres, cubes etc. My attempt was pretty good, better than many others apparently, and can be viewed below. Might turn the lighting down a bit next time...

Spoiler:
[Image: tr_zps47516823.jpg]

Creative Skills for Design

This was a tutorial on Photoshop, which by the way is NOT friendly for a first time user. Once you get used to it though, the results can be quite interesting. We had to use layering to our advantage and for the second image we had an ice lolly we could do anything with. The results were....interesting.... Personally, I like the third one. No prizes for why.

Spoiler:
[Image: s1402265-grass_zpsf40f3eaa.jpg]
[Image: s1401265-lolly_zpsb035476c.jpg]
[Image: OLDSPICELOLLY_zpse1eb832d.png]

Design, Create, Innovate
CyChill
Games Designer

Registered
10-01-2014, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2014, 08:56 AM by CyChill.)
3D Modelling - Assessment 1: Due January 14

Spoiler:
Bottle - Max poly count 400
Book case - Max poly count 800
Weapon - Max poly count - 2000
Phone Box - Max Poly count - 3000
Venus Fly Trap - Max poly count - 5000
Vehicle - Max poly count - 7000

Screen shots of each, with description outlining the cration, and 500 word evaluation all within technical requirements specified in the module guide

Games Production - Assessment 1: Due January 9

Spoiler:
Games Design Documentation within the PEGI rating of 12, original concept, 12-page documentation illustrating main features, characters, scenarios, background story (50 words), visuals, gameplay elements, concept art, layouts, level maps, interfaces etc.

There must then be a prototype level created within Unity 4.5.1 as a minimum of first/third person camera system, appropriate terrains published for web delivery. The game must be a puzzle game with a forest theme
Evaluation of 500 words

Creative Skills for Design - Assessment 1: Due January 12

Spoiler:
Create a narrated video of the creation, in photoshop, of each of the following
-Portfolio website for games
-HUD Design/Assets and props
-Game Character
-Level Design
-Game related blu-ray label, box insert and promotional poster
Use various video effects in the videos.
Produce a JPEG of each of the briefs
Create a show reel of each brief with details on the creation of them via voiceover.
Publish weekly progress of each and produce a 500 word evaluation

Web Development - Assignment 1: Due December 5
Spoiler:
Critique several websites on your own and preset criteria
Design layouts and wireframes of a site
Use HTML, HTML5, CSS and CSS3 to create a fully integrated and interrelated portfolio website (No, I can't use Dreamweaver! That results in immediate failure.)
2000 word evaluation

Design, Create, Innovate

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pigville - Martin's Blog Porkchop 0 124 04-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Last Post by Porkchop
  Zueq's Ba-Zueq-A~ Blog :3 Zueq 151 7,652 03-24-2017, 11:01 PM
Last Post by Zueq
  We can have a blog here? Luigi's Purple Coins 3 316 03-11-2017, 03:11 AM
Last Post by Zueq
  Minecrafting Blog ninJAS 2 336 10-08-2015, 05:48 PM