Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
European Challenge Cup
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

European Challenge Cup
Andy
POSITIVE KONOYARO!

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
01-22-2014, 08:21 AM
Ok, so the biggest event in europe is coming up this february.
X/Y is banned, so don't worry about metagame crack.

So, if anyone is actually following up the game here, what are your thoughts about the metagame? If you went, what would you play? Are you going?

I'm going, and i'm thinking of either playing a counter-variation of a blastoise deck, or go somewhat outside of the box with a hydreigon variant. GO!

-Andy-
[Image: 1zz0z2o.png]
Isaac
for Smash 4

Registered
01-22-2014, 01:50 PM
The most promising decks for this current format, based on Regionals results, are (in no particular order):

~RayBoar
~Blastoise/Keldeo/BKEX
~VirGen
~Big Basics/Garbodor
~Yeti
~Darkrai (a little iffy right now)

The first two need Tropical Beach to get by, though (and sometimes, so does the third), so that may be a little iffy to snag for ECC. Regardless, those are all really solid choices; all of those placed rather high at the Regionals I was at, so picking one of those should be fine.

I wouldn't go for Hydreigon. If straight Darkrai is on the wane right now, then the Hydreigon variant will be even worse.

I have disappeared from here. As apology, please accept this cheery picture.

[Image: 314qek6.png]
Andy
POSITIVE KONOYARO!

Registered
01-22-2014, 03:18 PM
Yeah, i'm experimenting with it, that's kinda all there is to it xD

The yeti is a wierd deck, though blastoise kinda takes it.

Hydreigon IS risky, but you should see the problems when you meet it. I mean, keldeo has big problems due to leafeon and the unexpected Hydreigon (if you have two benched that is, awfully common now that catcher sucks), i tech a flareon so i can counter genesect lategame and go for a surprizing win. Other stuff like shaymin ex and cresselia goes deep, but it's a hard deck.

Rayboar is good though, i like rayboar. Exeggcute's potential is now fully realized by the many players around the world, and with less darkrai and the deflating of the ohh so ruling catcher made Jirachi EX a card you will see in many decks.

I will probably go for Black Kyurem, Keldeo, Blastoise (with plasma kyurem just in case of tropical beach or some wierd stuff) if i can only get the necessary cards. I mean, i can build any of the other decks in a heartbeat, but i don't have black kyurem xD
I'll also need to get more beaches for that, so yeah.

-Andy-
[Image: 1zz0z2o.png]
Isaac
for Smash 4

Registered
01-22-2014, 05:08 PM
Yeti is really weird. I'm not quite sure how it works myself, but from what I've noticed, it utilizes its Plasma Energy as much as possible. (Not surprising, given how the main attackers are Lugia EX and Snorlax.)

I don't think Blastoise/Keldeo has a problem with Hydreigon, because Black Kyurem EX just one-shots everything, and some builds run the regular Black Kyurem (from Boundaries Crossed) for the mirror against it (or Suicune PLB, but either works). Flareon PLF does work in it, though, and it's not unheard of (in both Hydreigon and Blastoise decks).

But based on what I've seen, I think this is the era of RayBoar.

I have disappeared from here. As apology, please accept this cheery picture.

[Image: 314qek6.png]