Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Favorite Holiday Traditions
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Favorite Holiday Traditions
Luigi's Purple Coins
Banned

PokéDollars: ₪-518.41
Banned
06-26-2015, 05:38 PM
I was thinking about the upcoming July 4 holiday and it got me to thinking: do you or your family have any traditions you follow on certain holidays that you treasure? It can be any holiday you celebrate-Independence Day, Hanakuh (I know I misspelled that), Christmas or whatever.

My favorite traditions are Memorial Day and July 4. My father buys ribs, pork chops and hot dogs, as well as a variety of salads, and we just relax and eat all day. Sometimes we'll go swimming in the nearby lake as a family. It's just a fun way we spend time together.
xKiYoMiNaTiONx
Cosplayer

PokéDollars: ₪1,258.48
Super Moderators
06-26-2015, 06:27 PM
Hmm, I guess it would have to be during New Years. Because of my Japanese ethnicity, I love to carry on the tradition of making Ozoni (Mochi Soup), as well as making Tai (Red Snapper) fish. Eating Red Snapper is supposed to bring you longevity. We also put up little japanese papers that depict different values (like wealth, health, and all other stuff)... we place two pieces of big mochi w/ a tangerine on the top as well as set a little ozoni bowl as a sort of offering.

This has always been a tradition in my mother's side of the family, and I want to continue it.

Also, every new year's eve, we like to have an annual family get together/reunion at a cousin's place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite Types of Music? smoakdragon 2 581 08-25-2017, 11:15 PM
Last Post by NegativeVibe
  Your Favorite Gifs? smoakdragon 5 769 04-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Last Post by Miles Prower
  Favorite restaurants to eat at? Zueq 5 847 03-24-2017, 12:47 PM
Last Post by Rouge007
  What's your favorite kind of dessert? Zueq 3 565 03-31-2016, 10:54 PM
Last Post by charmander