Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Forum Overhaul [8/1]
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Forum Overhaul [8/1]
ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
08-01-2014, 09:21 AM
Ok people PokeSun has gotten ridiculously quiet as of late and we need to change that immediately.

Cody, who apparently moved and had no Internet access, is supposed to be returning some time soon so hopefully we can get some work done. In the meantime I want ANY members with a suggestion for how we could improve our forum (section, topic, or activity wise) to PLEASE post in this thread so we can begin making changes to better our community and make it more active.

That being said seeing as there is little to no interest in our ASB now it will either be removed or completely reset so old battles are no longer an issue. If reset people who had already participated will be allowed to keep ONE of their Pokemon and half of their prize money. New refs will also be chosen so anyone who wishes to be a ref will have to fill out the Reffing Application found in the section and send it as a PM to me.

All RPG Updaters, myself included, need to become more active as well seeing as that section is also slowly dying due to inactivity...

Our League will now be accepting battlers over WiFi as well to try and expand our battling community a bit so any WiFi battlers who would like to become GL's please inform me and we will try to work out an arrangement. Any current GL's who have WiFi access I would also like for them to allow that type of battle in their gyms.

We will also be bringing back a regular CoTW (Card of The Week) in the TCG section as we haven't had one of those in a while along with MoTM (Member of The Month) and continuing with PoTM (Pokemon of The Month).

As I said before PLEASE post any and all suggestions here so we can begin work to improving our forum! Thank you ^^

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Isaac
for Smash 4

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
08-01-2014, 10:23 AM
This isn't a suggestion, per se - more like an admission.

The reason why I don't post here at all isn't because nobody else posts - it's that most of the sections here are Pokemon-related. You look at the forum index and eyeball it... Everything non-Pokemon-related is simply crammed or clustered into the 4 forums at the bottom. (I simply do not care about Pokemon and probably never will again; I stay here only to catch up with old friends.) Funnily enough, those are the places that get the most attention.

I'm not saying that Pokemon-related forums should be reduced or phased out solely on my account; what I am saying is that I think the other 'Community Fun!' forums, as they're so called, should probably be broadened at least a little. Sure, this place's name is PokeSun, but that doesn't mean that's all it is - everyone here is a person, and they have other interests. I think there should be more room for that, at least.

...That's all. I'm not sure if this will change anything, but you went through quite a bit of trouble to draft your post up, so at the very least I can return the favor.

I have disappeared from here. As apology, please accept this cheery picture.

[Image: 314qek6.png]
Miles Prower
The Blonde Brainiac

PokéDollars: ₪1,179.73
Veterans
08-01-2014, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014, 10:48 AM by Miles Prower.)
The only activity in the ASB anymore is just routine allowance checks and updates. I would suggest dropping it completely and looking at the RPG section and see how to fix it.

I really don't have any ideas, because I think we may be delaying the inevitable; that one day this forum will die off because of all this inactivity.

I don't want to be a nay-sayer/pessimist, but that's what I think is going to happen.

| My Ask Thread | 3DS FC: 4055-4094-4151 |

"Smarter than the average Lisa."
(07-03-2013, 07:37 PM)Skye Wrote: You requesting it for free is like walking into a video game store and asking for a free copy of Duke Nukem Forever because it sucked.
49 66 20 79 6f 75 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 61 64 20 74 68 69 73 2c 20 79 6f 75 27 72 65 20 61 6c 6d 6f 73 74 20 61 73 20 73 6d 61 72 74 20 61 73 20 6d 65 21 20
Hana Song
DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

PokéDollars: ₪16.92
Registered
08-01-2014, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014, 01:27 PM by Hana Song.)
Focusing on things more outside the forum, mostly because I'm annoyed since it's literally impossible for me to become a WiFi Gym Leader - thanks, Gen II - I think a lot more could, and should, be done with the PokéSun Twitter account. At the moment it just relays threads and such that are made on the forums, and I think somebody (cough, cough) should be in charge of it for actual advertising and marketing.

Preferably somebody with experience in, oh, let's say marketing and journalism. COUGH, COUGH.

My main problem with the account is that, first of all, it's fairly obvious that nobody's actually using it, and second, it's connecting to the forum the wrong way entirely. It should be giving content to the forum, not just relaying what little actually goes on here, that's going to be driving people away should they come across it.

[Image: VN3xUdv.png]

anxiety trip
CyChill
Games Designer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
08-01-2014, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014, 02:59 PM by CyChill.)
(08-01-2014, 10:47 AM)Miles Prower Wrote: The only activity in the ASB anymore is just routine allowance checks and updates. I would suggest dropping it completely and looking at the RPG section and see how to fix it.

I really don't have any ideas, because I think we may be delaying the inevitable; that one day this forum will die off because of all this inactivity.

I don't want to be a nay-sayer/pessimist, but that's what I think is going to happen.

For once in my life, I agree here.

Since I came here in November 2012, things happened. We had League inactivity, then it came back, then went, and this cycle continued until months ago where it died. Same with ASB, a new way and it died.

Staff changes to bring it back. That didn't work. They all toddled off unable to commit for often good enough reasons. Even the existing staff for MotM and CoTW aren't doing it. Why the hell not?

CAP came along, and died.

Do you see where this is going?

You can try whatever the hell you like to bring this site back, I have seen the motions and I could accept the fact it was just a seasonal thing, but then the site got sold.

Now I like Cody as much as the next guy, but he didn't sit right with me or a few others. And here is why. We didn't find out why until now, with absolute clarity, and even then it is only APPARENTLY the reason he isn't here. And that is a key aspect of this problem, and I'm going to be the one to say this.

We thought, with this man coming along, flashing his cash, that this site was going to improve and it certainly looked that way, but history repeats itself. The staff vanish. Sometimes we don't even find out why. It is all well and good asking members to post, but like Isaac said, what are we posting in? The staff here aren't pulling their weight, being clear, or anything that is expected.

We can give you ideas, but you won't follow through with it. This is the first step, before any of us can do anything. Get your ideas booked up, and do the damn jobs you are here to do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-KqDVNowKU

Design, Create, Innovate
✯Ho-OhLugia✯
Angels of Truth and Ideals

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
08-01-2014, 09:47 PM
I have been noticing the inactivity of most members here lately. The cause for it? I have the slightest idea. I log onto the computer, and whenever I scroll down to see who's online, it's only me and guests, and if there ever was someone, it would be anyone who has posted up here before.

I think it's because there isn't a lot to do here when nobody is around. And when someone does not post in a while, the others go down too.

On the other hand, I think I've figured out an idea. Why don't we put Discussion Threads for different topics? For example, we now have General Pokemon Discussion - we don't have to put everything about Pokemon in one thread, but different topics such as: Anime Discussion, Manga Discussion, Gaming Discussion and etcetera.

[Image: D5Ctidw.jpg]
We are ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Twin heroes of Truth and Ideals.
Want to see great art? Any requests? Click this warp text to see it!
Solgaleo

PokéDollars: ₪240.84
Moderators
08-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Coming from personal experience, one of the many things that this site needs to drastically change is the manner in which individual sections are monitored and maintained. The three moderators that we have are not enough, and although they each have a different set of specialities all on their own, there are also other parts of the forum that are being severely neglected; simply because of the fact that there is little to no people aboard the staff that have the necessary skillsets to oversee those parts of the forum. In the past, I have seen many members from the different forums that I visited that expressed their wishes to enact positive changes. However, more often than not, I have seen it more times than I count that the extent of their assistance are restricted to mere suggestions written on thread posts or private messages to administrators/moderators. I am not completely disregarding the efficiency of this kind of method, but it most certainly cannot be the only method that exists.

One of the areas that could see serious improvement are the Lilycove Art Museum and the Writer's Desk. Currently, there is no one aboard the staff that is actively monitoring those sections, let alone being responsible to create content that promotes activity. The only remaining source of activity are members posting and updating art galleries and pieces of literature. There are no discussion threads, contests, articles, or anything else. There is nothing else to be done except the aformentioned, and this honestly eliminates any sort of enthusiasm I have to participate.

It is a nice change of scenery to see this thread, and I am absolutely delighted to see that someone is finally stepping forward with this matter. I agree with the others; it's about time that someone picked up things.

[Image: 1zoagsj.png]

ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪1,014.12
Veterans
08-01-2014, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2014, 10:35 PM by ninJAS.)
Thank you guys so much for giving me some input on what you would like to see done here and I will do everything I possibly can to implement the majority or them. That being said any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well since there is a lot we could improve on here...

I will have to look and see if I have the necessary permissions to add new sections to the forum @Isaac but if so then I have no issue whatsoever with expanding and adding new topics for everyone to discuss.

I suppose that is an option if things don't pick back up @Miles Prower I really hate to see the entire section just shut down though after it being rather active in the past so if nothing else I could simply hide it until a time comes that we feel like we can successfully manage it.

I honestly have no idea who even has control of our Twitter account @Nisha but I would assume it is @Zueq since he pretty much made everything at that point >.> I will admit that we could do for some improved advertising as well so I will have to look into that. Any ideas?

@CyChill the only reason Zueq let Cody buy the site is because he simply could not pay for it anymore and didn't want the site to shift onto a free forum. That being said I will admit that @Cody hasn't done much since he has became the owner but hopefully things will begin to improve once he returns and we can begin to get some work done around here.

@✯Ho-OhLugia✯ as I said to Isaac already I have no issues whatsoever with expanding or adding new threads for discussion. The only issue we can run into is things may get a bit messy if we create too many section but at this point activity needs to be our main priority rather than the "cleanliness" of the forum so thank you both for your suggestions ^^

@Law I agree we have some issues with the Staff, myself included, and we all need to be more active and productive. The reason our Staff has so few members in it is simply because we dropped some of the inactive ones and never got around to hiring anyone to replace them seeing as Cody vanished around that time, I became extremely busy and didn't have much time for the forum, and the rest of the staff are in different time zones making communications a bit difficult. Now that we have several suggestions though we can begin prioritizing things and get some forward progress made in improving the site. I will also agree with you that it is very sad to see the Lilycove Art Museum in the state it is seeing as it was at one time a very active and productive area of the forum...

To everyone: I am sorry it took so long for me to even post this thread but I simply am not able to do everything here by myself not matter how much I would like to...that being said I will go ahead and open up Mod Applications to try and pick up a few fresh faces to get things moving along. So feel free to fill out the Application found below and submit them to me through PM titled "Mod Application". DEADLINE TO HAVE APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED IS THE 8TH!

Thank you all again so much for showing the interest to improve things here and please continue to make suggestions or discuss already mentioned ones!

Code:
[u][b]PokéSun Moderator Application[/b][/u]

[b]Basic Information:[/b]

1) PokéSun username:
2) Registration Date:
3) Age (must be 13 or older):
4) State and/or country:
5) Contact details (such as e-mail, Skype, etc.):
6) Grade level / or college majors/minors:

[b]Forum-related Questions:[/b]

7) How many hours do you think you spend on PokéSun on an average day?
8) If you were a moderator, what would you do to help the forum out? What ideas or suggestions would you have? Would you even mention it to us if there was a problem?:
9) How long do you think you can dedicate your time to our forums? Do you think you won't have time to contribute to us if you are getting a job, or maybe planning on going to college?:
10) What is your relationship with Pokémon? Do you like to be more casual then competitive? Do you like VG over TCG? Or perhaps the animé or manga?:
11) What do you think about PokéSun? Do you think it has the potential of becoming a very big website in the near future? Would you be dedicated enough to contribute to the forums for quite some time?:
12) How have you already contributed or helped the forums? (if you haven't, that's okay too):
13) Why do you think you deserve to be a Moderator?:
14) If you were to become a Moderator, which sections of the Forum do you think you would be the best equipped to handle?:

[b]Other Questions:[/b]

15) How would you describe yourself in real life, versus your online life? Do you act somewhat different in real life, than in your online life, or is it the other way around?:
16) Have you ever helped a person online or even in real life before? Do you think that you can help out members when they have questions for you to answer?:
17) Outside of Pokemon what are other interests, if any, that you have?:

Feel free to leave any comments below that haven't been covered in the application.

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Zueq
Ba-Zueq-A~♫♩♬

PokéDollars: ₪6,854.46
Founder and Administrator
08-02-2014, 02:57 AM
About the Twitter account matter, that has been transferred to Cody. I can't do anything about that. Once I had sold the site, I transferred everything to him: domain, hosting, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, email, etc.

I would apply to be a moderator, but I'm not sure I'll have enough time as school is starting up for me on August 14th, so.. I'd be so busy with school and after school activities, homework, as well as that I still have to upload videos on my two Youtube channels to keep that going and such. :/ I'll think about it though.
Solgaleo

PokéDollars: ₪240.84
Moderators
08-02-2014, 08:35 PM
When is the deadline for submitting mod applications?

[Image: 1zoagsj.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum Upgrade! [6/10] Zueq 26 2,714 06-12-2015, 09:33 PM
Last Post by Luigi's Purple Coins
  Forum Reshuffle [12/05] Hana Song 11 1,955 12-10-2014, 12:44 AM
Last Post by smoakdragon
  Some Forum Updates, FINALLY! :P [12/3] Zueq 8 1,829 12-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Last Post by Manaphy72
  Some Forum Updates [7/31] Zueq 4 1,327 08-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Last Post by Nammm3