Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Goodra or Noivern?
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Goodra or Noivern?
Isaac
for Smash 4

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
01-06-2014, 12:00 PM
I think you just derailed the topic and made a big deal out of something that...wasn't even that big of a deal to begin with. It was said in jest.

The point being that in past gens there were more established speed tiers, and that, despite Noivern having a very impressive 123, Greninja is not far behind with 122, and there's Talonflame with 126 and Gale Wings to get priority on top of that, so the farther we go along the lines of what is considered fast and what is not become more and more blurred.
I was talking with a friend yesterday, and he lamented over Garchomp getting outsped. Granted that's nothing new, but that's the first time I saw anyone worry about it.

Though, in the end, Jolteon makes them all look slow anyway.

I have disappeared from here. As apology, please accept this cheery picture.

[Image: 314qek6.png]
ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪558.71
Registered
01-06-2014, 12:40 PM
This is meant for an in game team either way so really it shouldn't be this big of a deal anyway....both are solid Dragon types with usable attacks and abilities so either is a fine choice.

If you want a fast attacker go for Noivern, if you prefer a bulky special wall that can hold its own on the offensive side of things then go for Goodra. Both have solid move pools so both are perfectly viable both competitively or in game which is the case in this situation.

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Heinous Creature
Phear me.

Registered
01-06-2014, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 01:24 PM by Heinous Creature.)
(01-06-2014, 12:00 PM)Isaac Wrote: I think you just derailed the topic and made a big deal out of something that...wasn't even that big of a deal to begin with. It was said in jest.
So after all that you're going to try and saveface under a veil of 'lol I was kidding' and pretend that this was entirely my fault? It takes multiple people to form a debate - and your misleading posts and ignorance are not my fault.

(01-06-2014, 12:00 PM)Isaac Wrote: The point being that in past gens there were more established speed tiers, and that, despite Noivern having a very impressive 123, Greninja is not far behind with 122, and there's Talonflame with 126 and Gale Wings to get priority on top of that, so the farther we go along the lines of what is considered fast and what is not become more and more blurred.
And how far exactly do we go beyond Talonflame? How much exactly is there to blur? How many things are faster than it and Noivern? The answer is, relatively speaking - not many. Base 123 is fast, whether we're speaking purely relatively or want to loose some crap about vague and undefined speed tiers, this does not salvage your original comment. Again - pointing out other Pokemon which are (barely) faster (and few of them, at that) and one Pokemon which is known to be very fast and is actually slower than Noivern, does not in any way support your assessment. If your point was that the speed tiers are not yet defined, then that's what you should have said. Not 'He's pretty fast'. This is also ignoring the fact (this is becoming a habit, it seems) that even if the speed tiers are not currently set in stone, it's pretty obvious to anyone with a modicum of intelligence that Noivern will be pretty freakin' high up and will most definitely make for a fast Pokemon.

Answer this, then. If what you said was just in jest...why are you trying to justify it? There's literally no point. For whatever reason, you mispoke. Noivern is obviously a fast Pokemon and will obviously end up in a high speed-tier. There is no point in continuing the discussion, especially considering you're just piling reason upon reason to (try) and justify your side of the argument when it's obviously futile.

Performance record
Spoiler:
Gym Leader
The Nexus - 9W / 2L

Gym Challenger
The Forest - Loss
The Asylum - Win
The Crypt - Win

Tournaments
Summer Festival Tournament - 1st place
Tier Shift Tournament - 1st place
Spoiler:
To all current Gym Leaders - prepare for my arrival.

ninJAS
It's Commander Tresdin to you.

PokéDollars: ₪558.71
Registered
01-06-2014, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 03:15 PM by ninJAS.)
You're right there is no need to continue this argument so I am asking both of you to lay off.

@Heinous Creature @Isaac if the arguing continues warnings will be given no questions asked.

Each of you are simply stating your opinions and I can respect that but there is a difference between debating and arguing. You both have logical points of view so let it rest. You have turned a simple question thread with a simple answer, that both are viable depending on what type of Pokemon you are looking for, into an issue and I won't let it continue any further.

[Image: 29pt9mp.jpg]

Thanks to Rouge007 for my lovely Tresdin Avatar and Signature ^^
Noodles
Ace Trainer

Registered
01-20-2014, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 02:23 PM by Noodles.)
Jesus I only asked which Pokemon I should use, not who should be running the country. Calm yoselves down.

[Image: pokemon-haters-gif.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Noivern. Porygon 2 1,040 11-03-2013, 01:13 AM
Last Post by Porygon