Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Got a Question?
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Got a Question?
✯Ho-OhLugia✯
Angels of Truth and Ideals

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
08-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Lugia: Not Dark Pit? Sad Just kidding. Smile (He's my second favourite character)(Ho-Oh loves Pit)

Anyway, who is your favourite Pokedex Holder?

By the Way, Samus and Pit (plus Link and Dark Pit) have figmas of themselves!

[Image: D5Ctidw.jpg]
We are ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Twin heroes of Truth and Ideals.
Want to see great art? Any requests? Click this warp text to see it!
medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
08-05-2015, 02:48 PM
also do you mind if i steal your table of contents idea? that's pretty neat

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

[Image: gengarsig_zpsce68b465.jpg]
Dazzling Gleam
♡ Feeling Celestial ♡

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
08-05-2015, 05:28 PM
(08-05-2015, 02:47 PM)✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Wrote: Anyway, who is your favourite Pokedex Holder?

I'd probably have to go with Cheren on this one!

(08-05-2015, 02:48 PM)Gengar Wrote: also do you mind if i steal your table of contents idea? that's pretty neat

No problem at all! Glad you like it!
✯Ho-OhLugia✯

Registered
08-05-2015, 05:37 PM
(08-05-2015, 05:28 PM)Dazzling Gleam Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 02:47 PM)✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Wrote: Anyway, who is your favourite Pokedex Holder?

I'd probably have to go with Cheren on this one!

I never thought Cheren counted, but anyway, I really like what happened in Volume 8 of the B/W saga! I won't say for spoiling reasons, but if you already know it, uh, yes.

If you had to holiday to one country and you couldn't holiday anymore for the rest of your life (overseas), where would you go?

medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
08-05-2015, 06:44 PM
do you ever forget things, at least for the moment, because your attention is absorbed on something? for me that's the internet, my pc in particular.

|ASB Profile|                              |Sprite Shop|                                                |RP Trainer Card|

Dazzling Gleam
♡ Feeling Celestial ♡

Registered
08-05-2015, 09:07 PM
(08-05-2015, 02:47 PM)✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Wrote: If you had to holiday to one country and you couldn't holiday anymore for the rest of your life (overseas), where would you go?

That is SUCH a hard question for me, but I'd have to say anywhere tropical, honestly. I adore the beach, I love everything about the tropical scene. I feel like the days last so much longer, the air feels so much cleaner, the sand and sun on your skin..the awesome picture opportunities ;3

(08-05-2015, 06:44 PM)Gengar Wrote: do you ever forget things, at least for the moment, because your attention is absorbed on something? for me that's the internet, my pc in particular.

Hmm...I feel like this is a yes and a no. Sometimes I can but it's a little bit uncommon. Not totally rare but not as frequent as, say, my sister. She forgets everything..like..4 seconds after you tell her. It's a tad annoying. I'm very persistent and I over-prepare which causes me to dwell on a certain thought until the action that corresponds with it is complete. I'm also OCD, and even on my meds it can affect the way I obsess over things. It makes forgetting SO hard...people think having a good memory is a great wonderful gift - and don't get me wrong, in ways it can be. But sometimes I wish I could just be all "Okay...no..it's been 5 years since -insert person here- did -insert thing here-. It's time to move on!" It can make the relationships I have with others kinda hard sometimes cause they can't understand why I do that or think that way.

Sorry...went off on a little tangent there.
✯Ho-OhLugia✯

Registered
08-05-2015, 09:40 PM
I have a good memory too. I remember preschool and pre-pre school! And the things I remember most are the things I most want to forget... Sad

But anyway, what is your favourite genre of novels?

medicham
妖怪 (Yōkai)

Registered
08-06-2015, 12:15 AM
you're alright. and that is very interesting. tell me more about your OCD?

Cyanide

PokéDollars: ₪223.15
Moderators
08-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Favourite recipes?

[Image: 1zoagsj.png]

Dazzling Gleam
♡ Feeling Celestial ♡

Registered
08-06-2015, 04:59 PM
(08-05-2015, 09:40 PM)✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Wrote: I have a good memory too. I remember preschool and pre-pre school! And the things I remember most are the things I most want to forget... Sad

But anyway, what is your favourite genre of novels?

Mystery and Fantasy. Even better if it's a Mystery and Fantasy combined. I love that kinda stuff!

(08-06-2015, 12:15 AM)Gengar Wrote: you're alright. and that is very interesting. tell me more about your OCD?

WARNING: This contains stuff about depression, self harm, suicide, anxiety, and obsessive compulsive disorder so please please please don't read this if any of those things trigger you! Thanks! 

Spoiler:
Okay..so..last winter my mom decided to take me to a counselor cause I was having a lot of emotional problems. I was depressed, anxious, and jealous of others 99.9% of the time. I let my thoughts control me to the point of contemplating suicide badly and even calling a few hotlines for help because I felt like I was at the end of my rope. I didn't want to die, but I felt no other way to get rid of how anxious I was all the time. I wasn't free or happy EVER, I felt like I didn't even have control over my own mind. My family, my close friends, even Skye couldn't help me when I would go off on a depression filled jealousy tainted rage. It didn't matter who or what it was - anything that made me feel self conscious in my own body made me hateful, bitter, and sad deep down to my core. Be it Skye's coworkers, girls on billboard ads, Victoria's Secret commercials..it didn't matter. I could find something to point out on that girl that I lacked, I could find SOMETHING to be jealous of no matter what. I felt inferior, hopeless, and like it was truly better to not exist anymore in a society that told me everything about how I look is wrong. 

So anyways..flash forward a few months into counseling. It's a Sunday Morning and my family, as well as Skye and myself, are getting ready for church. Now, this is a pretty personal topic for me because it's incredibly embarrassing and I feel ashamed of it..but a huge fuel for my jealousy was my sister, Hannah. She is 2 years younger than me and incredibly beautiful. She's slimmer than I am, she's talented, and she's intelligent. It was hard to have someone like that around all the time because it crushed my self esteem and made me feel guilty, too, for being so jealous of my sister who hadn't done anything wrong. I'm getting ready for church, doing my hair and whatnot...and out walks Hannah. She's in a beautiful dress with her makeup done wonderfully, looking so good on a day that I'm in a particularly bad funk about my self image. I just lose it. I didn't want Hannah to see me cry, so I ran to my mom's bathroom where my mom was getting ready. It had been a very hard week and this was just the straw that broke the camel's back. I was tired. I was emotionally drained, tired of feeling like nothing, tired of
trying so hard to be 'enough'. To be all the things that I thought I needed to be in order to be a good fiance. I finally broke down and I confessed to my mom how often I thought about dying, how often I came so close to ending everything. She cried, I cried, and she called my counselor immediately and they put me on suicide watch. It wasn't strict or anything since I hadn't attempted suicide, but it basically just meant they had to take all the medication away from where I had access to it, and I had to schedule an immediate appointment with my counselor to talk over my options.

Now, I go to a somewhat anti-medication counselor. Not in a bad way, but she's more of a...get to the root of the issue EMOTIONALLY and do whatever you can to make it better naturally, and then if need be, add medication. It was clear at this point that I was medically OCD and had a chemical imbalance in my brain that made me dwell so irrationally on thoughts that others would be able to block out in a few hours TOPS that I had on repeat in my brain for 1-2 weeks, if not longer. I had irrational fears all day everyday. For those of you that know Skye, you guys KNOW what a good guy he is. He's such a sweet soul. Looks and the shallowness of my worries were the least of his concerns. He loves me and he's always loved me, from 130 pounds to 230 pounds. His love is unconditional and I think that's another reason this was such a strange disorder, because the fears were based on absolutely nothing of any real, valid worries. It was unreasonable. And I knew the most important way to be a good fiance and soon-to-be wife for him was to once and for all get this under control. It brought us both down SO often and it was so painful to see both of us just feel darker and darker.

Anyways, my counselor helped me schedule a doctor's appointment and I got put on the medication Zoloft. For the first few months I saw no changes. I was still jealous, angry, depressed, and anxious as I was when I started counseling. I talked to my doctor and she doubled my dosage. I felt so much better after that. I still have my bad days, obviously, cause it's NOT a miracle pill and doesn't claim to be. You have to put work into it, period. But it makes it...manageable. I can shut down jealousy more easily. I can focus on losing weight in a HEALTHY way. I can turn my anger into exercise, and I can let the sadness show itself in a more conventional way. It's natural to be sad, it's good to be open about it and express it naturally! I have OCD and it makes my life harder in many many ways, but it's not impossible. Even on days that it might feel impossible.

(08-06-2015, 12:04 PM)Raikou Wrote: Favourite recipes?

It feels strange to answer this question after such a heavy topic but without a doubt my favorite recipes are Skye's Mom's Fluffy Drop Biscuits and my grandmother's Beef Tamales! I'll post both of those recipes eventually on my blog.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask Rouge A Question! :) Rouge007 22 994 09-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Last Post by ✯Ho-OhLugia✯