Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Graffix eMerge - Dedicated to Graphics and Resources!
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Graffix eMerge - Dedicated to Graphics and Resources!
Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

PokéDollars: ₪32.09
Registered
12-07-2013, 03:26 PM
A graphics group! Why didn't I discover this earlier? Surprised!

Name: Fairy Princess Bloom
What program do you use?: Gimp 2.8
Experience?: 2.5 years

@Торпеда, that looks really nice if you are gong for a dark look. The style seems to fit the overall banner and the colors flow very well, but something that catches my attention is the dimming of color at the bottom left and right corners. I feel as if it wasn't entirely needed, and it would have been just as good if the effect wasn't added. The darker shade makes the text stand out less and makes it look more dull when compared to the rest of the banner. Although the darkened sides do make the center face stand out more, and if that was what you were aiming for than you fabricated it nicely!

[Image: dA219Lb.gif]
Porkchop
King of Pigville

PokéDollars: ₪13.28
Registered
12-13-2013, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2013, 07:08 PM by Porkchop.)
So what do you guys this of this? Just made it really quick in a couple minutes. I like really need to get better brushes, I can't really use any of mine well. I ended up not using any brushes which bothers me so can any of you suggest some good brushes?
[Image: 2sanx8h.png]

YouTube
[Image: link_signature_by_wiancar-d35nc38.png]
If you wanna play Animal Crossing or something else with me, hit me with a message!
Hana Song
DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

PokéDollars: ₪16.92
Registered
12-13-2013, 07:20 PM
@Fairy Princess Bloom I do generally try to draw more attention to the middle of whatever I'm doing, I never have anything really happening anywhere else, but looking back on it now I suppose I did overdo it a little on this one. Thanks for pointing that out.

@ChaosMasterMartin I like it, the background fits well with the subject, but I think the text looks a little out of place, in font, colour and placement. I'd go for a darker blue, a shade more like at the end of Glaceon's ear flap things, and definitely a less grunge-y font - ice always seems to me as being calm, classy, so perhaps a swirling kind of font would be able to reflect that better? I don't know if you use GIMP or not, and I don't know whether you do anything with fitting text to a curving path, but I'd try that around the outside of Glaceon's ear flaps, again. It's more subtle, but still noticeable easily.

[Image: VN3xUdv.png]

anxiety trip
Porkchop
King of Pigville

Registered
12-13-2013, 07:23 PM
I do use gimp and how exactly would I curve the text? That would make it look better I think.

YouTube
If you wanna play Animal Crossing or something else with me, hit me with a message!
Hana Song

Registered
12-13-2013, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2013, 07:40 PM by Hana Song.)
Okay, this is pretty simple but is great for making text look awesome in banners and the such. Excuse the really sloppy screenshots too, I literally did these in a minute. Okay, first up, make some text, pretty easy, whatever font, whatever colour, just make sure it's on its own layer - it'll do that for you anyway, but still make sure.

Spoiler:
[Image: eZf5WXX.png]

Then go to your paths tool, create a curved path roughly along the area you want the text to curve. Bear in mind that the line of the path will go through the middle of your text - the text won't be sat on top of the line - so make sure you leave enough space between the path and whatever's nearby so the text won't be placed over it and look dumb.

Spoiler:
[Image: WIymseY.png]

Then simply right-click on the text layer, and hit "Text along Path". My path from the last step isn't visible here, but that's just because I went into another tool between steps - it's still the active path, and you can check that by going into your paths menu at the top of that bar.

Spoiler:
[Image: l2oUsxA.png]
[/center]

That'll make a new path, which will be the outline of the text that you just set along the first path. Not done yet though, that's just a non-physical outline of where it's going to be. You'll notice that the path I set in the first couple of steps is a lot longer than the text reaches - you can make the text reach further along a set path by changing the font size and, more importantly, the spacing between characters.

Spoiler:
[Image: DlORMxa.png]

Then you need to be able to place the text down on this new path. This is simple, right click on the new curved text path, and then click "Path to Selection". This turns the insides of the red outlines of the text path into a normal selection.

Spoiler:
[Image: OHN1YzY.png]

Then the rest is simple, just paint bucket inside the selection or brush over it or whatever in a new layer, and bam, curved text.

Spoiler:
[Image: 2rnX0U7.png]

Hopefully that's clear enough. I can try to go over it in some more detail if you like.

anxiety trip
Porkchop
King of Pigville

Registered
12-13-2013, 07:42 PM
That's really helpful, but before I do that what do you think of it now? Should I apply that or not? It dont see ice as really curved, I see it more jagged so...Tongue
[Image: 2ue7j1w.png]

YouTube
Hana Song

Registered
12-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I can see that working. Nice one.

anxiety trip
Zueq
Ba-Zueq-A~♫♩♬

PokéDollars: ₪6,873.44
Founder and Administrator
01-01-2014, 09:32 PM
I updated the first post with new members and updated the names of those members. If you got tagged in this thread for some unknown reason, then you know why. Smile

I really want to bring this group back to life, so hopefully we can start discussing or start posting our graphics again to get reviewed and get comments on them! Wink
Hana Song

Registered
04-04-2014, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2014, 03:50 PM by Hana Song.)
[Image: vBUkzzz.png]

[Image: 722IM28.png]

Layers: 11

None of you understand how in love with this woman I am.

anxiety trip
Solgaleo

PokéDollars: ₪240.84
Moderators
04-11-2014, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2014, 08:41 PM by Solgaleo.)
Name: Law
Program(s): Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe Illustrator CS6
Experience: 2 Years

[Image: 1zoagsj.png]