Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Heard You Like the Wild Ones
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Heard You Like the Wild Ones
mewakari13
You're Gonna Love This

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
06-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Guys I
I think
Kawaisa Amatte Nanika Ga Hyakubai is my new fave yaoi manga
Well, at least the one-shot, Useless Goalkeeper, is.
I'm sobbing it's so beautiful and why my feelings! I wish they would release it in the US so I could just
stare at the lovely art and wonderful dialogue~
And the omake is hilarious, though I was kinda hoping for some lemon-y goodness but we're all good here o 7o

Today feels like a Scissor Sisters day also. Though I have to go to work really soon and I've got finals all this week. Thank goodness we get out at 10:45 every day.
And that Friday is our last day.
And I need to watch a lot of movies this summer; I even meant to rewatch Thor this morning but welp that didn't happen

I watched X-Men: First Class twice last weekend and I just had so many feels for Charles/Erik. I mean, the subtext man and the beach scene just broke my heart! //gross sobbing

2:20 PM [Eastern Time]
6-10-12
mewakari13
You're Gonna Love This

Registered
06-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Work, work, work.
But I got out of work early today. There was this huge storm that apparently swept up here to D.C. at 80-90 mph and it just blew through here! I was even walking home last night when branches started flying; good thing it hadn't started raining at that point. But the power did go out almost immediately after I got home. Luckily, we got it back early this morning; strangely though, the people across the street haven't gotten their's back yet.

Back to the issue of work though. As some of you know, I'm headed to Otakon at the end of this month and I'm so excited! Of course, I need to save up loads of money, not just for my costume but for spending there, which is why I'm subbing for lots of the staff members this week. Anyway, we got out of work early today - after getting there at 9:30 this morning to clean up all the leaves, branches and dirt that threw themselves all over the deck and in the pool - due to the pumps not operating. We had about 2/3 of the power back, but we can't operate the pool without the pumps, so even if they were to turn on, the pool looked awful, so we'd have to wait 'til it had been turned over completely. And, not really knowing how long that would've taken, we just left (with someone checking up on the pumps periodically).

That aside though, I'm supposed to be working 10-9 tomorrow, unless the pumps still aren't on, in which we keep the pool closed again. I mean, I don't really want to work a full day is all; I'm fine with my 5 hour shifts 3 times a week, but I really do need the money (especially if I want to secure myself a copy of 'Gravity' and 'Heaven's Door' at the doujinshi table), so I'm putting up with it, if only for those beautifully drawn doujinshi.

I've been in the mood to watch Code Lyoko recently. I never really watched it when it was on back in the early 2000s, and I regret it because I'm pretty damn sure I'd appreciate it now if I had the chance to watch it. I just don't want to sit at my comp to watch it since I'll feel really lazy doing that, and I don't want to purchase the season DVDs, at least not until Otakon is over and I've gotten Persona 4: Arena. I should look into getting a job during the school year.

Otakon Cosplay Progress:
Serah Ferron
Wig __
Shirt X
Skirt __
Stockings __
Shoes X

Napoleon
Hat __
Wig X
Jacket __
Undershirt X
Pants X
Boots X

Current Playlist:
Un Monde Sans Danger - Julien Lamassonn
MoneyGrabber - Fitz and the Tantrums
Maybe I'm Crazy - Monarchy
Funky Tonight [Live at Federation Square] - John Butler Trio

12:19 AM [Eastern Time]
7-1-12
mewakari13
You're Gonna Love This

Registered
07-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Whoa, hold the phone! HamletMachine's gonna be at Otakon? All the more reason to pick up more hours at work! I'm only going to get a little over 40 with my current days, but I would love to bump that up to 50, especially if it only takes another half day or two of work! ISTs are tomorrow night so I need to do some rereading of the lifeguard manual I got last year so I'm not stuck there for 2-3 hours - wait, they deduct $10 from my paycheck right? Shoot, that means I need to pick up more hours, especially considering how pricey the things I want are.

Things to Grab at the Convention:
- Luke fon Fabre 1/6" scale figure
- Gravity (Guy/Luke doujinshi)
- Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Guy/Luke doujinshi)
- Starfighter Vol. 1 & 2
- Starfighter Shirt + Buttons(?)
- Sam Winchester phone charm
- Souvenirs

Serah Farron cosplay is nearly finished! I just need to make two necklaces - one for me and one for my friend cosplaying Snow - and then do some make-up tests with my sister, synch the shirt a bit and replace the clear buttons with black ones. As for Napoleon, well - I haven't gotten any further, and I've got about 2 1/2 weeks. I'm torn on taking fem!Shizuo (Durarara!!) or Raphael (Rhythm Thief) as a back-up though!

Back-up Cosplay Progress:
fem!Shizuo
Wig X
Shirt X
Vest X
Bowtie ?
Skirt __
Black Heels __
Sunglasses X

Raphael
Wig X
Suit Jacket ?
Shirt X
Tie X
Pants ?
Shoes ?
Fedora __

Also, I'm not sure if I should buy Rhythm Thief or Kingdom Hearts: 3DS for my Mexico-Arizona trip in August! I've played the demos for both multiple times and they're both so much fun! I just don't want to spend $80 from my paycheck on games that I could spend on my vacation.

6:25 PM [Eastern Time]
7-9-12
mewakari13
You're Gonna Love This

Registered
07-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Organizing my Otakon schedule so I won't have to miss any work next week! Finding subs is so annoying, especially since I hate talking on the phone, not just with people I don't know, but in general. Napoleon cosplay still hasn't gotten anywhere, but I'm going out shopping this Saturday for everything I need then hoping to get the jacket done by Friday night at the absolute latest. Will probably start on Snow and Serah's necklaces as well this weekend, and finally wash the Subaru, since I need those $40 for costume money.

Did you guys know that Square Enix is releasing a "mastery edition" of Kingdom Hearts: 3DS? Now I'm dying to buy it, even if it will be almost $60 out of my spending money at Otakon. But y'know, that's why I work hard, so I can get it all back. But I'm going to be gone for almost a week on my Arizon-Mexico trip mid-August, so I'm really going to have to look into subbing so that I have money to spend during the early months of the school year before I find another job.

Deadpool though, man. I'm actually considering buying the game just because he looks and sounds awesome! I haven't read the comics, but I've seen him around the 'net and he just seems too fabulous! Though I'm not one for gory, slash-'em-up games, so I may avoid it. Also, I love the idea of Steve Rogers and Tony Stark being (the new) Peter Parker's parents and Wade Wilson having an insanely huge crush on him. Like, I don't even know where this came from, but I love it! And SpideyPool is just a pretty cute ship in general!

Back to cosplay though. I may not be doing fem!Shizuo since I don't want to bother with spending more money on the additional stuff for her costume that I don't have. I'll probably just pack some casual clothes for Saturday and wear my Serah wig with those once I finish with Napoleon around noon-ish. Trust me, I'm not wearing Napoleon's outfit all day in Baltimore; it is just way too hot for that kind of thing. I do need to order the bi-corn, like, now though or it may not get here in time! So much to do in a week - where did my three weeks go??

12:56 AM [Eastern Time]
7-20-12
mewakari13
You're Gonna Love This

Registered
07-29-2012, 01:23 AM
Back from Otakon 2012 and I had such a blast! I even came back with money to spare considering all the junk I bought!

Things I Wasted My Money On Bought:
- Evermore, Nevernone and The Best Thing (Souji/Yosuke doujins)
- Sekaiichi Hatsukoi poster
- Teahouse keychain
- Buttons (Loki and Once-ler)
- Starfighter prints (signed!)
- 2 Blue Exorcist shirts
- Switch art book
- Walrus keychain
- Souji Seta folder
- Luke fon Fabre phone charm
- Durarara!! vol. 1

I even got to meet up with some of my friends that I haven't seen in quite a while and it was just
fantastic!
Unfortunately, the friend I was supposed to go with got pretty ill and she couldn't go, so I was unable to stay over Saturday to Sunday. And I felt pretty bad going without her, especially when she was so psyched for us to do Freud and Napoleon together.
I did Napoleon for about an hour or two, then changed into casual with my Serah wig, since I was unable to cosplay Serah due to me just not having enough time.
On a more positive note, I finally got to meet HamletMachine and get a picture with her~ She even signed the prints I bought!

2:23 AM [Eastern Time]
7-29-12
mewakari13
You're Gonna Love This

Registered
08-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Oh man, wanting to change my blog title already, idek why I went with the name in the first place? I've been reading too many of hiimdaisy's Persona comics though.
Ideas for a blog name change that i'll most likely never go through with:
- Some Loser Rolling Around in a Trash Can
- Welcome to Late Night Blogging
- That Chick That Likes Things
- My Kawaii Life: The Movie: The Blog

Okay, only the first two were really serious, sue me. I would like to change it though, considering I kinda don't like Flo Rida, though the song is catchy.

Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena comes out in 6 days and guess who pre-ordered it so she could get the game soundtrack? Seriously though, the sprites I've seen are smooth and so well done. I mean, how can you not love these?
Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m7qy416XvH1qflc3ro1_500.png]

[Image: tumblr_m7rwa1lTnE1qjlxxwo1_400.png]

And don't get me started on the animated ones?
Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m7r4k9n11B1qidrxfo1_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_m7s1sqe8Rm1rs64hko1_250.gif]

I am way too excited for this game, even if I've never played any of the others in the series due to my lack of a PlayStation system of any sort. I think what attracted me to P4 initially was just the great character designs. So I look into it, find out Yosuke calls the main Hero character partner and it all goes downhill from there in which I start shipping the Hero and Yosuke and start to love this franchise that I know nothing about.

Though, in my Persona 4 daze, I ended up purchasing two Souji/Yosuke doujins (mainly because they didn't have any Guy/Luke ones at either doujinshi booth). The art is so pretty and the coverart for both really caught my eye! $40+ well spent!
Spoiler:
[Image: DSCF8854.jpg?t=1343884260]

And the first thing I did buy was a Souji Seta folder okay, but it's really cool looking I mean official art guys, c'mon, who doesn't want that?

1:13 AM [Eastern Time]
8-2-12
WildStar
♩♫♩

Registered
08-02-2012, 12:17 AM
:O I love to attack people with jappanese fans! Big Grin

You should totally change your blog name to 'Tonight in Flames'. I just think it sounds cool.

Don't try to get inside my head.The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.

mewakari13
You're Gonna Love This

Registered
08-06-2012, 11:22 PM
I feel that this blog actually has quite a few lists that really just keep track of my procrastination or my cosplay. Speaking of lists though, here's yet another one!

Matryoshka!Luka Cosplay Checklist (for the D.C. Meetup this Saturday):
Wig X
Hoodie __
Hoodie Printout Design X
Iron-on Paper X
Ripped Jeans X
Black Converse X
Facial Marking Makeup ?

I'm already planning on going to DSW to get new Converse since both of mine are wearing considerably. (Though not the Gorillaz ones I got in NY. I only wear those on special occasions so I can preserve them. I don't think they're selling them anymore, actually.) Anyway, there's a Target and a Wal-Mart in the same shopping center, so I'm hoping that one of those has a solid color pullover hoodie for pretty cheap that I can mess with a bit for my cosplay. But do you know how difficult it often is for me to just find a shirt or jacket in a solid color to modify for costume purposes?
I'm torn between getting a blue one or a red one though, since a friend of mine is planning on doing Matryoshka!Kaito, and she doesn't know which one she'll get. I'm tempted to get a red one since a) pink and red blend pretty well together and b) my dad's got some awesome red suspenders I could borrow that would match nicely.

On another note, Happy North American release day of Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena!! I can't wait to head out and get my copy later on; and the game soundtrack is waiting with my pre-ordered copy! I hope my parents can take me as soon as the store opens; I would spend the night in front of GameStop if I was older and could drive, then just grab some Starbucks after I pick up my copy and stare at the gorgeous cover art.
I take my games very seriously.
Even when I don't finish a lot of them.
I sometimes think I'm just in it for all the extra goodies that come with the pre-ordered copies. Like, I still haven't finished FFXIII and I pre-ordered the limited edition copy of XIII-2 because of the art book and 4 CD soundtrack insert.

Current Playlist:
Some Nights - FUN
Jelly Candy - Kyary Pamyu Pamyu/Capsule Mashup
A New World - Mord Fustang
TTV - Telefon Tel Aviv
Little Bad Girl - David Guetta feat Taio Cruz & Ludacris

12:22 AM [Eastern Time]
8-7-12
mewakari13
You're Gonna Love This

Registered
08-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Provisional license get! I passed my test Saturday morning despite being super tired after some late night Persona 4 Arena (those people over xBox Live are such cheaters when they use Shadow Labrys and all her OP-ness), and now I've got my provisional license! Though my parents said they'd only fill the tank in my Subaru once a month. Still, I can do a bit of extra driving around this month since I'll be leaving for Arizona-Mexico this Friday and come back a whole 10 days later. Now, where to go, what to do? I do still need to pick up more 3DS stylus' and I saw a rainbow pack last time I was in GameStop; oh, and a 3DS game to kill all the transportation time and lack of wi-fi for the first half of the trip in Mexico.

Also, Team Fortress 2! I have no idea how to play it!
Really, I just got into it because I loved the "Meet the ...." videos on Youtube, then my friend told me her TF2 ships, and it kinda flew from their. Like, I'm in love with Sniper/Scout, talk about a way cute pair~
But the game itself is just "Hop on and join some random losers online without even learning how to play". I mean, I was legit hoping for a story mode where you get to play as each character and learn a bit about them and how to use them, rather then just being thrown into battle.

Also, I got to hang with one of my old friends that I met at some Girl Scout thing two or three years ago and it was fantastic seeing her! She'd organized this cosplay meetup in D.C., and while I was only there for a little more than an hour, it was lots of fun! She also let me do some doodles of her OCs in her sketchbook, and it was so cool flipping through all of her sketches, she's a great artist!

Current Playlist:
Disturbia vs. Somebody Told Me - Rihanna vs. The Killers
Heart Beats [Saki Cover] - Megurine Luka
Milky Way - Mord Fustang
Good Time - Owl City feat Carly Rae Jepsen

1:13 AM [Eastern Time]
8-13-12
mewakari13
You're Gonna Love This

Registered
08-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Man, no one knows how ticked off I am at my cluster supervisor for work. I mean, she is being so rude, even when I tell her I haven't been able to find a sub for next Sunday, and I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow. And my manager isn't helping at all either! He's like "Call other pools," so I have to look up the numbers for them and search for a sub while I'm on my vacation! And I have to do it before I get to Mexico due to the lack of service I'll have. Though at this point I'm too annoyed to really care if they fire me, especially if it's at the end of the season and they're being inconsiderate jerks. Sure it's my responsibility, but they could offer to help me, especially when I've been looking for a sub for at least a month; not to mention our sub list got thrown away, so I have no numbers to call! And those I do call don't get back to me, they just leave me hanging. I would leave the company if I didn't have some amazing coworkers. So yeah, major migraine coming on because of this setback.

Have to wake up at, like, 4 am tomorrow to catch a 7 am plane out to Chicago and I really just want to sleep in and read Souji/Yosuke fics. Maybe the airport will have good wi-fi? Really, the only good thing about today was getting to hang and watch a movie with my friend.

10:56 PM [Eastern Time]
8-16-12