Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Heard You Like the Wild Ones
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Heard You Like the Wild Ones
mewakari13
You're Gonna Love This

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
08-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Back from Arizona-Mexico and lordy was I on a roll with The World Ends With You and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance! I even found out that Square Enix released a TWEWY remake for iOS devices called -Solo Remix-. Sadly, I am lacking any sort of iOS device, though I would just adore an iPad for Christmas. That aside though, I got to talking with a good friend from middle school and we decided to organize a TWEWY cosplay group for AUSA this November; I'm way too excited! I'll be going as Joshua, and I've been spending quite a bit of time looking for just the right wig. I've got the color picked out (Titanium Blonde), but it's finding the right style that's bugging me. I don't necessarily mind gelling/spraying a straight wig, but I'm not really for styling wigs since they don't always come out right for me. Just a slightly curly wig will do, is that too much to askkkkk?
I'm even looking into purchasing a Meow Wow plush and an actual MotoRAZR cell so it looks all pro and such. Thank god the phone's only, like, $30 on eBay; wonder if they've got any display ones at RadioShack I could take off their hands....

School is starting in less than a week though - and orientation is tomorrow! At least I get to see my peeps and hand out souvenirs from Otakon and Arizona. I still need to switch IB Film Studies to something since they didn't let me into IB Art I because I didn't 'take the pre-req classes'. [Image: tumblr_m9gcrloKIt1qzckow.gif] Like, wow, how'd all those Junior friends I have get in without pre-reqs then? Now I've gotta show the head of the art department my sketchbook and hope she can get me in; I don't want to take Art I or II with friggin' freshman!
I did do quite a few doodles of my OCs on the plane rides to and from Arizona though. [Image: tumblr_m9gcvxaBVe1qzckow.gif]

Current Playlist:
Illmerica - Wolfgang Gartner
We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel
Why Georgia - John Mayer
Larger Than Life - Backstreet Boys

1:38 PM [Eastern Time]
8-29-12
mewakari13
You're Gonna Love This

Registered
09-29-2012, 04:14 PM
School's been smooth sailing so far. And we just got word of our first field trip, yes! It's going to be for the entire 11th grade History department, and we're going to be spending the day in Philadelphia!! I personally love the place since I've got a lot of good memories associated with it and, yes, National Treasure took place there, so I just really like it.

I'm already planning for AUSA too. But I've got four possible cosplay and only really two days to do them.
  • Napoleon - Afterschool Charisma (Complete)
  • Matryoshka!Luka - Vocaloid (WIP)
  • Kuroko Tetsuya - Kuroko's Basketball (Soon to be started)
  • Joshua - TWEWY (Not even close to starting)
Since my friend missed out on Otakon this summer, I'm sure it's inevitable that we'll be doing Freud and Napoleon together. Matyrohska!Luka will be fairly easy to finish, so that will also most likely be a definite. I'm torn between Kuroko and Joshua though. Over the summer, I talked to a very good friend of mine from middle school about organizing a TWEWY cosplay group, since she loves the game, and she really wants to go through with it. The problem is, I just don't feel up to cosplaying Joshua now, and I don't want to purchase two wigs since that'll eat up at least $60. I'm very much wanting to do Kuroko though, and I already have what I need to buy planned out, I just have to actually go out and purchase it/order it. There is also the possibility of not doing Napoleon, if my Freud can't make it. Though then I would probably just do Kuroko all day Saturday and then Luka all of Sunday.

AUSA Cosplay Schedule (First Draft):
Saturday - Napoleon (Arrival - 2/3 pm), Kuroko (2/3 pm - Departure)
Sunday - Matryoshka!Luka (Arrival - Departure)

Also, I've been playing Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney practically nonstop since I bought it last weekend. And an Ace Attorney/Professor Layton cross-over game is coming out for 3DS in about two months over in Japan! I really need to play the Phoenix Wright games first though.

Current Playlist:
Professional Griefers - deadmau5 feat. Gerard Way
Euphoria - Swedish House Mafia feat. Usher
Don't You Worry Child - Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin
Don't Wake Me Up - Chris Brown

5:14 PM [Eastern Time]
9-29-12
mewakari13
You're Gonna Love This

Registered
10-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Okay wow, Sony Vegas Pro is actually cooperating with me after I got the latest update installed! Not that I mind at all, especially since I've already got 10-15 seconds done so far! I'm gonna try to get the base scene layout, music coordination and coloring effects done before I do fancy transitions and text work, but I'm flipping out because it looks so good so far, and I just started out! I originally thought it was just gonna be all, "What the hey, first serious attempt," but I decided that I'm going to make it look totally awesome for my friend's birthday at the end of this month! I've got a little less then three weeks, and I think I'm off to a good start.

Also, I'm almost done with my Kuroko cosplay for AUSA!! I just need to get the wig and fix up the dress shirt, and I'm all set~ And then I've gotta do some makeup practice, since I just want this to cosplay to look really good. Still looking for a wig though - I really don't know which one to pick of the one's I've found! I can't wait to buy some AoKise and KagaKuro doujin there though, especially Dotnight Contrast by Inumog! [Image: tumblr_m9gclpn3pQ1qzckow.gif]

In school news, I'm going to be switching into Oceanography from Pre-Calc. In all honesty, I can't math to save my life; and I would switch into Probability & Statistics if it wasn't full. But my parents said it was okay to drop it and wait to take Prob&Stat next year, since I'll still get my four required math credits that way without having to stress about lowering my GPA for the rest of the school year because I don't understand a lick of the material.

9:07 PM [Eastern Time]
10-4-12
mewakari13
You're Gonna Love This

Registered
10-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Okay, I am so ready for my Marianas Trench CD to come in, please Amazon! I know, I know, I just ordered it yesterday, but I've been listening to a few of the songs from the CD (don't want to hear them all before I get it) and I just really want it to arrive in the mail, like, tomorrow. [Image: tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow.gif]

In other news, I went to the Renaissance Festival on Saturday and it was loads of fun~ I bought this comfy, warm hoodie and got it signed by this hilarious comedy duo, and another dyed tail - this one's a scruffy, dark blue one. And I'll be going again with my good friend on her birthday two weeks from now. I don't know what I should get her as a present though. [Image: tumblr_m9gcydr8nN1qzckow.gif] But speaking of birthdays and presents, another friend of mine is turning 19 tomorrow and I was able to get a drawing of one of her adorable OCs drawn and colored! I have yet to finish my storyboard project for Film Studies yet; mainly because my partner didn't even volunteer to help set up the Powerpoint or do any of the drawings for the storyboard - he just took the pictures and left everything else up to me! [Image: tumblr_m9gcrloKIt1qzckow.gif] Oh, and now the program's crashing and I have dance class in 15 minutes and I won't get back 'til at least 10:30 wow Powerpoint, real mature.

7:47 PM [Eastern Time]
10-8-12
mewakari13
You're Gonna Love This

Registered
10-30-2012, 08:40 PM
IB Film Studies project isn't due 'til next week, and I get another four day weekend! These two weeks before AUSA are going awesome; and I get to spend Sunday going cosplay material shopping with my good friend Allison!

AUSA Cosplay Schedule (Second Draft):
Saturday - Napoleon (Arrival, 2-3 PM), Kuroko (2-3, Departure)
Sunday - Yata (All day)

I started K Project this week since we didn't have school today or yesterday because of Hurricane Sandy and it is just way good! The animation is so smooth, the art style is very pretty and the characters are so well rounded. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a new anime. Anyway, I just adore Yata and I think it'd be pretty easy to get his outfit together before this AUSA, though I'd only be doing Kuroko on Saturday if I can get Yata done before the con; if not, Kuroko's being pushed to Sunday. That or I'll switch Yata and Kuroko around on the schedule.
Speaking of Kuroko though, I got my wig about two weeks ago, and my friend is trimming it for me this weekend. I was able to get everything for the costume during one shopping trip to the mall too, and only for about $40, make-up included.

But omg, there's just so much crap I want to buy at AUSA, mainly doujinshi! I don't know what pairings I want though. I mean, there are a lot that I like, but I need to narrow down the list to the ones that I absolutely love. (Asterisks are by the ones I really want.)

Doujinshi List (Draft):
  • Aomine/Kise*
  • Kagami/Kuroko (Kuroko no Basuke)
  • Souji/Yosuke (Persona 4)*
  • Masrur/Sharrkan (Magi)
  • Fushimi/Yata*
  • Suoh/Munakata (K Project)
I'm, like 99.99% sure that Souji/Yosuke is my OTP since I just cannot seem to get enough of them! Like, I've already got two doujinshi that I procured at Otakon over the summer (you've seen them before I'm sure), and quite a few scans that I hope to get physical copies of someday soon. Though I am flipping out about Fushimi/Yata right now, I can't really expect much since the series just started airing this month and what sort of merch can I really expect besides folders and keychains? (I'll be grabbing lots of K Project merch though, don't worry.) Also, I'm hoping that ArdaWigs is selling that one light brown wig I want at AUSA since it'd be perfect for Yata, and Yosuke.

Last Minute Project Playlist (Calming yet upbeat music for those of us who enjoy procrastinating, then pay dearly for it with all-nighters):
Under the City Lights - The Arka Teks
Let Go - SafetySuit
Euphoria - Swedish House Mafia feat. Usher
Never Close Our Eyes - Adam Lambert
I Remember - deadmau5 & Kaskade
TTV - Telefon Tel Aviv
Maybe I'm Crazy - Monarchy

9:40 PM [Eastern Time]
10-30-12
mewakari13
You're Gonna Love This

Registered
11-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Less then a week 'til AUSA, and I found out that my friend Emily, the same one that, unfortunately, got sick before Otakon, won't be able to go because she doesn't have a ride. I would love to take her, but I'm already staying at another friend's house for the weekend and taking Metro with her. We haven't been able to do Napoleon and Freud together yet, only during Halloween (and even then I forgot my blonde wig at my house), so Kuroko's been pushed to Saturday, and I may just settle for casual Kuroko on Sunday since I hadn't planned for this to happen. ; _________; I do have my dress picked out for the cosplay ball Friday evening though, and my dad even bought me these pretty new caramel/nude dance shoes for it!

I had an interview with GameStop the other day at the nearby mall, and I got the job! While it's just an associates position for the holiday season, I'm gonna work my butt up and do a bit of sucking up so that I can get a part-time position and be a salesclerk by next spring. I have another interview this afternoon though, with PacSun (who I actually applied for first, but didn't get a call back for an interview until just last night, after I'd already gotten the job with GameStop). Though I'm interviewing with them anyway a) for more practice and b) the possibility that, if I am hired by them as well, I can juggle both jobs. While I doubt that would happen, it's worth a shot, so wish me luck guys! My first day of associates work at GameStop is tomorrow night at 7 too!

And yes, I have another 3-day school week and I have my easy days 2 of those 3!

2:39 PM [Eastern Time]
11-6-12
mewakari13
You're Gonna Love This

Registered
11-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Oh my gosh this is so late, but AUSA 2012 haul!
Spoiler:
[Image: DSCF9375.jpg]

And a close-up of the Souji/Yosuke doujins I got~ ; v;
Spoiler:
[Image: DSCF9377.jpg]

But school, why have you been keeping me away from the computerrrr? I keep trying to read Sorrow of War, but I cannot get anywhere in that book because it is just one big, well, book. No chapters at all! And the plot just jumps around all over the place, be it setting or chronology, and I am in such a tizzy over it.

On a significantly lighter note though, I bought a PS Vita on Black Friday~ I had to work 15 hours at the mall before I got to go home and play Persona 4 Golden, but it's definitely $200 well spent. Now I just need to scrap together enough cash to get Prototype for my 360 and/or the comic books. [Image: tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow.gif] And I want Alex Mercer's jacket, it is just too perf~
Also, Alex/Desmond is the best cross-over ship, everyone else take yours elsewhere.

6:42 PM [Eastern Time]
11-28-12
mewakari13
You're Gonna Love This

Registered
02-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Guys, my portfolio was accepted for a one-man show at my school's art show! I'm freaking out and I just can't wait to have my work on display for the school to see eep! But yes, now that the deadline has passed I should hopefully be a bit more active? The show isn't until April, and there's not much to do between now and then other than claiming booth spots and setup.

Short post tonight just to say I'm alive. I have to finish my response logs for "Doki Gatsby".
mewakari13
You're Gonna Love This

Registered
04-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Back for hopefully a while, now that the school year is in the last quarter! I've just been dealing with so much crap as of late that prevented me from getting on, but it really feels good to be back. Art show went well, but I'm freaking out now because I have a Latin project due in about a week that I still have no idea what I'm going to do.
Started watching Karneval today and it's really good; can Yogi and Gareki just get married?? Also, Fire Emblem Awakening is a way too addicting game. I've been playing it nonstop for almost a month now and I just want to marry all the boys - honestly, I'm surprised how much I came to like, especially since I'm not usually one for strategy/grid-style games, but it's the characters and great writing that really sold me. I just wish I could get my hands on that pre-order exclusive character artbook (or any FE13 merch really)!
Finally going to play DRAMAtical Murder too, now that RE:Connect is out, I can't wait for it to finish installing! I just need to set up the English patch afterwards, and then I can start~
Rhapsody
has anyone seen my sanity

PokéDollars: ₪79.9
Registered
04-29-2013, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013, 11:38 PM by Rhapsody.)
...You've been playing FE:A for a month and you aren't done with the main story?

[Image: tXYu56.png]