Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
How to get back into Pokemon
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

How to get back into Pokemon
Kaos
Junior Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
05-10-2014, 07:07 PM
I know this may be a silly/stupid question, but how do I get back into liking Pokemon? I used to like Pokemon, but I haven't liked Pokemon in a while, but not sure how to get back in to like it. Do I need to watch the show, play the games or what? I'm finding it hard to be active on this forum as I know nothing about Pokemon like I did years ago.
Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

PokéDollars: ₪32.09
Registered
05-10-2014, 07:19 PM
The best thing you can do is find out what the latest events that Pokemon is going through. Currently Pokemon X and Y are the newest generation (of 6). You can also look at this Pokedex here and re-educate yourself about each specific Pokemon in general.

If you are looking to ignite your previous passion for pokemon, you'll need to find out what aspect of pokemon you enjoy the most. There are those who enjoy the animes, video games, the cards, the competitive battles, the arts, the music (etc.) of pokemon. It all just depends on what you want to learn more about and enjoy talking about.

If you want to enhance your knowledge of Pokemon, the best thing you can do is just simply research. There are various Pokemon Databases and guides available throughout the internet. You just need to figure out what exactly you want to learn before doing any thorough searching. So I wish you good luck with your quest for Pokemon Knowledge, and I hope you can find that special passion for Pokemon once more!

[Image: dA219Lb.gif]
Hylia
DreamSpell

Registered
05-10-2014, 08:53 PM
I'll say, playing the recent games will more or less rekindle the flames of your interest into the fandom far better than watching the TV series. The games nowadays really pull you back and "refresh" your memory from the start. I assume this is done not only to introduce newcomers into the metagame, but to bring back older players in case they "dropped out" for awhile.
Nammm3
Pokémon Gamer

Registered
05-11-2014, 01:25 AM
I agree with @Picori , the latest Pokémon game (Pokémon X/Y) has brought back a lot of interest to the current generation of gamers to formerly popular pokémon from the original Pokémon Red/Blue by giving them new abilities and statistical advancements called mega evolutions. You'll love it if you grew up playing pokémon on the Gameboy or the Gameboy Color!!
xKiYoMiNaTiONx
Cosplayer

PokéDollars: ₪1,254.21
Super Moderators
05-11-2014, 02:14 AM
I'm not really sure about how to get back into pokemon... Truth is...even though I had stopped watching the series, I still played the games... but then I decided to watch every single episode of the series that's in english thus far... and I think it's when a game is about to be released that the hype and the interest really goes back up. Especially for new pokemon, or heck, for remakes! Like the HGSS ones, I was totally fanatic when those came out!

Now with the remakes for Ruby and Sapphire coming out, it just brings back the interest and hype.
Kaos
Junior Trainer

Registered
05-11-2014, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone!
Bazinga!
Junior Trainer

Registered
05-19-2014, 09:48 AM
I've got back into it by watching the tv shows.

I also plan on playing some of the video games since I have several consoles at my house.

Those may be good ways to educate yourself.

I also think that "Fairy Princess Bloom" has some good ideas.

[Image: tumblr_ltwo7pMrHy1qbklpr.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokemon headcanons? L6l9 0 349 11-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Last Post by L6l9
  Pokemon Colors smoakdragon 4 686 10-30-2017, 04:38 PM
Last Post by L6l9
  If you could change anything about Pokémon, what would it be? Zueq 3 673 03-14-2017, 01:09 PM
Last Post by Miles Prower
  Pokemon: I Choose You! Movie 2017 (Trailer) Zueq 9 1,030 03-05-2017, 03:10 AM
Last Post by smoakdragon