Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Hyperion's Journal
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Hyperion's Journal
Cyanide

PokéDollars: ₪219.06
Moderators
08-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Thursday, August 6 2015

Spoiler:
  • Woke up around 10 AM and went straight to boot my computer. Logged in and got a notice saying that my free Windows 10 upgrade has arrived. I am still skeptical about upgrading it because of rumors circulating around the 'Net mentioning that the latest upgrade is chockful of spyware that Microsoft can utilize to collect personal information and browsing habits. Other than that, I am excited to see how Cortana will work.

• Still trying to get more familiar with PO's latest upgrade. It has been a few years since I last downloaded it and played against some really good OU players, so I am excited to get back into competitive VG (now that I know that weather teams are not going anywhere just yet). Glad to see Excadrill is back again (I heard it was moved to Uber but later moved back again to OU because of the introduction of XY, or was it BW2?) so I am looking forward to building an offensive Sand team.

• Wanted to go jogging this morning but alas, the weather here is becoming more atrocious. Severe thunderstorm warnings just showed up on the news yesterday, so it seems like that my entire province is enduring it (not just my city, which shall remain unnamed). 

ironic statement seeing as i am supposedly a pokemon that is supposed to cause thunderstorms. *weeps*

• Drove to downtown not too long ago and stumbled upon a store that sells anime models. Who knew that they also had a decent sized collection of HMM Zoids model kits? They had a Berserk Fury and Geno Breaker on display! Wanted to buy the former but I was turned off by the price -- $120. No, I think I'll just ship them from Amazon, thank you very much.

• Sifting through several ramen recipes, online. I wanted to cook for my family and have a nice meal together before I go back to my busy uni life on September. Miso ramen so far looks promising, and considering the fact that my family absolutely loved it when we once ate out, I think I will cook this instead.
    Ichiraku's Miso Ramen, coming up!

no, don't call me a weeaboo, and yes  i am talking to a certain someone *hint* *hint* *wink* *wink*

[Image: 1zoagsj.png]

denden
Pokémon Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
08-07-2015, 06:54 PM
PO got an upgrade? Last time I was there it wasn't working >.>

Miso ramen is delicious! I've never made my own though.

[Image: i4rMscM.png]
Cyanide

Moderators
08-17-2015, 01:17 PM
Monday, August 17 2015

Spoiler:
  • Less than two weeks left until I go back to the busy life of being a student. I am definitely getting closer to my personal goal of becoming a med student but I still have a lot more stuff left to do before then. I've been really busy the past July working on my summer courses (I am proud of the fact that I got an average of 96) but I dislike how my productivity levels have signficantly dropped in the last two weeks since the beginning of August. Sure, I completed a few things on my summer to-do list but my inner perfectionist is quite demanding. Which basically means, I need to get started on that free Coursera online class on physiology. 
  • Started watching Darker Than Black and Monster a few days ago, on KissAnime (a website that streams anime online for free, no registration required). A bit of a slow-pace, but otherwise it has an interesting plot concept. I'm getting tired of seeing so many hot-headed shonen protagonists that barge head-first into conflict without having the mental restraint to think through and foresee the consequences of their actions (Ichigo, anyone? Admirable as the powers are, this guy really needs to learn to hold back on his hero complex. Ain't it frustrating that so many protagonists today are so selfless and caught up on their sappy morals? Eww...).
  • Found out that Fallout Shelter is now on Google's Play Store. Some of my friends downloaded it in their phones and so far they tell me it is quite entertaining. I might download it sometime to see. Speaking of this, I am extremely hyped for its release on November 10, unless for some reason Bethesda decides to push forward on its release date. Either way, Fallout 4 gets released. Bethesda has no choice because they kind of have to after all of that fan hype and dramatic display in E3. 
  • Speaking of E3 again, I am also excited for Dishonored 2. Said to be released in the spring of 2016 but no date has been set for it yet. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to being able to play as Emily. Yeah, my choice of playing as Emily has strictly nothing to do with feminism and more to do with satiating my curiosity for the new gameplay features. Despite me saying that, those immature pricks in the YouTube comment section (given the majority of them are idiotic males) that complain about this really need to pull themselves together. 

Cyanide

Moderators
08-19-2015, 09:58 AM
Wednesday, August 19 2015

Spoiler:
  • A few more weeks until school starts again, I think I've said that twice now. Anyways, I met up with a friend of mine yesterday and we walked around the city looking at different shops. We spent a few hours eating lunch at a local Tim Hortons, while also conversing about many other topics of discussion. Pleasant day, overall.
  • Been seeing a lot more of these damn adbots signing up. LOL, I guess they are not aware of the resident parasite exterminator.
  • Been slacking off on my work habits again and I really need to fix that. I need to get ahead on my studies....
  • I have been job hunting and putting together a resume, the last few days. I am planning on saving up more money for university and setting aside a large portion of it to my savings account, just to build up a cushion for myself (or so to speak) in the future. I hope to attain a management-level job in the next few years before I go to med school.
  • I've been looking at car deals and dealerships in my local area. I don't want one of those lousy 1980 beat-up cars that my friends own (or cars that uni students usually own because they are so damn broke) so I decided to set my sights on the Chevrolet Camaro. I am still undecided as to what year model I should get but so far the 2016 model is looking spiffy in comparison to its predecessor. I doubt I will be able to get it this year but I might attempt at getting it in the next year. My parents wanted to give me their SUV but I turned down on the offer. What car will you drive to work? Don't expect me to do that when I park this car outside my university. 
  • Drank coffee this morning (finally!) after not having any in the past few days. Looking through some Zoid models on eBay and Amazon. 

Cyanide

Moderators
08-24-2015, 12:08 PM
Monday, August 24 2015

Spoiler:
  • A week left before the start of the new school year. I finished sending my online application last Friday to my local town's coffee shop and I still have to write up the actual resume and drive there to drop it off, this week. Hopefully I can get the job sometime in the middle of September so that I can start getting the money I need to buy the stuff that I want (e.g. New car, more manga + anime DVDs, more books, etc.). 
  • Bought all of the school supplies I would need for the upcoming school year and right now they are sitting in my closet.
  • Been researching car dealerships in my area and I've decided to set my eyes on the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro, even though I highly doubt that I will be able to save up enough money to afford it next year. I will have to wait a few more years once I have a stable job income and position. Regardless, I still have plans on owning one despite the wait.
  • Been watching more episodes of Darker Than Black and Bleach. Right now, I am still on the Hueco Mundo arc, anime-wise. However, I am mostly caught up with the Thousand-Year Blood War arc, in the manga.
  • I've been a little sick lately, not much to say about that.

Cyanide

Moderators
08-27-2015, 12:30 PM
Thursday, August 27 2015

Spoiler:
  • Changed my icon and sig again. Man, I really need to keep this urge under control. Anyways, this time my icon features Hei from Darker Than Black. An excellent anime with manga scans that could use a little bit more of a variance in terms of line strokes; makes me feel far too light-hearted if you know what I mean. Manga also needs more action lines and characters need to improve on emotional expression because it somehow doesn't do a good job of making me feel the suspense. 
  • A few days before school starts. I have to take the public transit (because my parents use the car to go to work, poor me) to sort out a few last-minute details like picking up my timetable and I.D. and as well as a few paperwork to sign and submit by the end of the first week of classes. I finally found the time yesterday to put together my school supplies and organize them in my backpack. That way, I won't be bothered to rush at the last minute.
  • Went out to Starbucks with a friend a few days ago. Talked about some school stuff and our plans for the upcoming year while drinking our Mocha Frappuccino. Then we went out for a little walk around our little community. 
  • Re-reading through the latest Bleach scans on mangafox. My browser is feeling mischievous for some reason....
  • Experiencing some caffeine withdrawal symptoms today, even though I already drank one cup of coffee. Fortunately, there is a Starbucks store not far from my house so I could go out for a walk, but what about the money? Damn it.

Cyanide

Moderators
08-31-2015, 04:30 PM
Monday, August 31 2015

Spoiler:
  • My parents hoarded the ENTIRE pot of black coffee. Again. Seriously, I panicked for a while. Then, I remembered the coffee shop just down the block. But still, have some more consideration next time!  Sad Angry Face
  • Took the public transit today to pick up my timetable and photo ID. Woke up at 6:30 AM and spent some time perusing through my closet to find an appropriate attire for the photo shoot (in my institution we take pictures on this day and then the photo gets transferred to a printer which then prints out the photo on the ID), and as well as packing up all of the stuff I needed for the short trip. I chose to go in the morning because I did not want to be bothered with having a large crowd of people chattering noisily behind me while we all filed into a line, waiting for out turns. Turns out I was wrong, because apparently many others also had the same idea as me. Ah, well. I tolerated it. 
  • After picking up my stuff, I decided to swing by my local Starbucks shop and purchased a venti-sized Caffe Mocha. It's been a looong time since I last purchased one and I still don't like the fact that it tastes somewhat bitter (even though they use the same methods to prepare them for all customers), so I decided to take a few sugar packets. Tore them open, dumped them in the cup, and stirred them good. Also added some more milk, despite the whip cream on top. I don't tell people this quirk I have with my coffee because chances are they will just look at me weirdly if I tell them that I prefer my morning coffee with extra shots of sugar and milk. Well, I just told you. Not a day goes that I am forced to shrug off the temptation to drink a few additional cups of coffee, all of which have the same routine. Does that phrasing make sense? Whatever.
  • Pulled out the bag and school supplies I packed almost a week ago. I wonder who else already had their school supplies ready to go at the start of summer vacation? 
  • Spent the rest of the day cleaning up the house and reading through a few more chapters from Bleach at mangafox. 

Cyanide

Moderators
09-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Monday, September 7 2015

Spoiler:

• First week of the new semester is over. We got our required textbooks, organized my binders + notes, and got a tour of the campus and its key locations. For all of you that are not aware, I am currently taking preparatory courses for university. It's going to last for a whole year, so it will end around August next year (technically, it is supposed to end in June but I am going to maximize the summer break by taking summer school/more courses). My timetable for this semester consists of Biology, Chemistry, and Math. My favourite subject is Biology and right now we are studying the nervous system. 
  • Don't have a part-time job yet. I think I should drop of my resume at a few more stores.
  • Been re-reading the manga panels of Bleach. What can I say, I just love collecting information.
  • On the topic of school, I joined various clubs during the first week. Student Council is one of them, although I will definitely join more provided they post ads. I think it would be more convenient if they had an updated list of the ongoing clubs, but I guess I will have to do it the other way. Model UN, Yearbook, and Robotics are on my list but until they actually advertise the times and locations for weekly meetings, I am not doing anything else.

Cyanide

Moderators
10-16-2015, 09:27 PM
Friday, October 16 2015

Spoiler:
  • Been a while since I last wrote a journal entry in this thread. As always, I've been busy with completing my courses required for entry into the undergraduate program next year in Biomedical Sciences. I've been remarkably pleased with my progress thus far with Biology, moderately satisfied with Precalculus, and definitely frustrated with my Chemistry course. I've been feeling myself slowly slipping back into old habits of slacking. I've been punishing myself by taking on more work and sleeping at later hours just to discipline myself. As a result, I am so focused on my studies that I've grown to resent any other activity that I feel intrudes on my work. Still living with family and Saturday chore days are, to put it mildly, absolute hell. Can't get out of the presence of a naggy and temperamental control-freak/woman, constantly surrounded by a sibling who has self-esteem issues as big as the Pacific Ocean that just constantly sucks up and plays "cute" to my parents because she doesn't want to be scolded because and I quote "it lowers my self-esteem", and a list of asinine demands that drain a lot of my free time. 
  • Been reading more business books than usual lately. It can be found somewhere on this forum, if you wanted to read through what I've planned to read, if that makes any sense....
  • This forum is dying again, as I've predicted. Isaac left, not that I expected him to stay around anyways. He and I had a long history in another Pokemon forum, which I consequently left also because of its very unique community. Mentally unique, I meant. Anyways, I won't expound on that here. Let me just say though, when you try to visit them you won't believe what actually goes through their heads when they post. LOL, if you are still curious, don't say I didn't warn you. Well, I think it's time for me to play doctor and keep an eye on this place until Christmas comes around. 

Cyanide

Moderators
11-10-2015, 12:00 AM
Monday, November 9 2015

Spoiler:

• It has been almost a month since my last journal entry. By this time, I have accomplished quite a lot in the last month which I am going to outline within the next few bullet points. As of writing this, the time is exactly 9:52 PM in my timezone. I just finished completing the last few segments of a Biology assignment pertaining to the topic of embryonic development, and I plan on submitting the printed document tomorrow to my professor during office hours. As for my day, it was uneventful to say the least. Nothing grand worth noting.
  • Last month's Math progress; my grade fluctuated a bit, but overall, I am quite pleased with my performance. I've done significantly better than I expected in the Trigonometry unit exams we've written in the past month, but I've done an even better job of increasing my grade average in the Cumulative Exam we wrote just today. It was out of 25, and suffice to say, I acquired an adequate score of 21. 4 points away from a perfect score, but I do not really have the right to be disappointed, given that I've exceeded my expectations, if only slightly. Oh well, but the next unit we have deal with logarithms and exponential graphs. Should be a lot of fun and an easy way of boosting up my mark to the 90s, given the fact that I've taken the course before, so I know what to expect.
  • Last month's Biology progress; I am quite happy to say that I am in the Top 10 students of my entire class, possibly the grade. I have an average of 92, but since I've just written an exam and have yet to submit a late assignment (only overdue by a day, due to other priorities that occurred over the weekend), I am worried it might drop into the high 80s again. I swear when that happens, I will double the amount of work and note-taking hours I have alloted for myself from this point onwards.
  • Last month's Humanities progress; did well. Wrote a few papers on political ideologies and individual identities, and scored a decent 90% average on all of them. I still have to write one more paper and unit test and I'll be able to boost it up to the high 90s.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bear with Me- A Journal of Tales and Happening as Told by Squirtles I liek Squirtles 3 337 08-16-2015, 06:28 PM
Last Post by I liek Squirtles
  Team's Journal teamplasma 21 2,467 08-22-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post by teamplasma