Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Isaac's Lookout Cabin of Q&A
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Isaac's Lookout Cabin of Q&A
xKiYoMiNaTiONx
Cosplayer

PokéDollars: ₪798.81
Super Moderators
06-26-2014, 11:35 AM
On the topics of PSP and PSP Vita... What are your thoughts on Japan/Sony discontinuing PSP games and coming out with more Vita games? (IMO, I prefer PSP games since I can't afford newer systems.)
Isaac
for Smash 4

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
06-26-2014, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2014, 12:01 PM by Isaac.)
@xKiYoMiNaTiONx
On the topics of PSP and PSP Vita... What are your thoughts on Japan/Sony discontinuing PSP games and coming out with more Vita games?
Impartial, honestly. Dissidia 012 was the last game I got for PSP, and then I stopped caring about it entirely. I will say, however, that the Vita is an incredibly silly system; to me, hard copies of game media (disks, cartridges, and the like) will always be infinitely superior to soft copies (downloaded data).

The reason for this is that hard copies aren't really prone to corruption or accidental deletion (or even just becoming plain inaccessible), and they're easily portable/transferrable - I like to get opportunities to give or lend people games, and you can't do that with a soft copy.

This philosophy of mine even carries over to 3DS games - if I have a choice between a cartridge or an e-Shop copy, I will always go for the cartridge. This has made me irritated that I don't have a hard copy of Ace Attorney 5 (Dual Destinies) and thus can't lend it out (only Japan got hard copies), but that's neither here nor there.

And that just derailed into a rant of cartridge games vs downloaded games. Sorry about that.

Edit: Going to make a habit of putting the person's name right before the question as well, for the sake of Alerts.

I have disappeared from here. As apology, please accept this cheery picture.

[Image: 314qek6.png]
smoakdragon
$ money cat $

PokéDollars: ₪900.79
Registered
06-29-2014, 10:40 PM
Okay, so these questions might not be very "in-depth" but feel free to elaborate if you want. XD

What's your favorite animal?
What's your favorite color?
Which type of ice cream do you like best?
What kind of music do you listen to? Who's your favorite band/artist? Favorite song by them?
Do you have any pets or siblings?
What is your favorite movie?
Do you have a favorite quote?
If you could bend one element (from Avatar) what would it be?

[Image: t8q1bp.png]

Credits to Ajax for my signature!
Isaac
for Smash 4

Registered
06-30-2014, 12:00 AM
@smoakdragon
Ah, I can totally elaborate! It should not be that difficult. (I don't know why your name is green; it's probably drawing from an old file or something.)

What's your favorite animal?
The peregrine (falcon). A most astonishing bird of prey that can move at speeds up to 200 miles per hour, the fastest natural speed of any animal. Plus, it's a falcon, so that gives it bonus points. I was enthralled at the figure of "200 miles per hour" since even from a young age, and to this day it remains a favorite.

What's your favorite color?
Palatinate purple, a shade of purple that looks like this. Though any darkish shade of purple will do well, that one stands out as a favorite.

Which type of ice cream do you like best?
Jamoca or mint chip, leaning more towards jamoca. I also do like sherbets and frozen yogurt, though technically those are not ice cream so I can't pick those. In truth I like a wide variety of flavors, but coffee flavor tends to top the list - which is highly ironic, as I can't stand to drink actual coffee!

What kind of music do you listen to? Who's your favorite band/artist? Favorite song by them?
My genres of interest are classical music and videogame OSTs (and, occasionally, remixes thereof). I listen to OSTs during the day and classical at night, to help me sleep - music helps to dispel my train of thought, since at times I'll think of a thousand things at once and will want to make sense of it all, when I can't always do that while tired. My favorite composer would be Beethoven (beating out J. S. Bach by just a smidgen) and my favorite song of his is the Moonlight Sonata (1st movement in particular).

Do you have any pets or siblings?
I did have a Pomeranian growing up, but she died of old age. I have one younger brother, though I have several close friends that I consider as siblings.

What is your favorite movie?
I really don't have a definitive answer for this since I rarely see movies nowadays and the movies I watched that made the biggest impressions on me were the ones I watched as a child. That said, if there is a movie I had to pick as a favorite, it would be the original Toy Story.

Do you have a favorite quote?
I have a few, but they're all mine, so they're more like mantras if anything. If you care, here's a few:

Spoiler:
"You'd better not die, or I'll kill you myself."
"Time machines don't exist. We just learn from our mistakes and keep moving."
"You don't fix problems by whining about them. You fix them with your own two hands."
"Panicking doesn't solve anything."

The first one is my catchphrase.

If you could bend one element (from Avatar) what would it be?
Ooh, tricky. The two things I'd always liked to most manipulate are ice and lightning, so that means Water and Fire (why is lightning not tied to Air in the Avatar universe?) are strong contenders. Then again, I am named after an Earth Adept in Golden Sun, so that becomes another choice. So many decisions! It would probably come down to either Water or Earth, though if lightning was in Air as it should be, I'd have a tie between three. In reality I'd probably just roll the Die of No Favorites to decide for me.

✯Ho-OhLugia✯
Angels of Truth and Ideals

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
07-04-2014, 12:53 AM
Off topic Fact: The Peregrine Falcon can be located anywhere in Australia, so I was lucky enough to have the chance to see a wild one myself!

Questions:
-If aliens were real, would you welcome them?
-Do you think Pterodactyls should be classified as Dinosaurs (because they aren't)?
-Do you believe in 'impossible'? (I think I know the answer)
-If you had a choice to visit Mount Everest, Antarctica or Climb Mount Vesuvius, what would it be?

Sorry if these questions are TOO interesting, but these are things I like to ask people.

[Image: D5Ctidw.jpg]
We are ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Twin heroes of Truth and Ideals.
Want to see great art? Any requests? Click this warp text to see it!
Isaac
for Smash 4

Registered
07-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Quote:Off topic Fact: The Peregrine Falcon can be located anywhere in Australia, so I was lucky enough to have the chance to see a wild one myself!
I'm really jealous. I really am.

@HoOhLugia
If aliens were real, would you welcome them?
That depends on a few factors, such as
~If they're hostile
~If they talk to people
~If they're even in my general vicinity
~I just mistyped 'vicinity' as 'facility' and then 'victini' before I got it right

...oh wait, of course aliens are real. They came from other countries to live here, so yes, I welcome them.

Do you think Pterodactyls should be classified as Dinosaurs (because they aren't)?
I really don't have a preference per se, but given how birds are actually dinosaurs, I'm not even sure if there's a need to make a distinction.
*Note: xkcd does have swearing in some of its comics, so browse with care

Do you believe in 'impossible'? (I think I know the answer)
When it comes to matters of fact, yes, I do believe in impossible (e.g. it is impossible for Neptune to sustain human life). When it comes to human endeavours, no, I don't. The only mental limits are the ones we set for ourselves. Remove them, and it opens up a whole new realm of possibility!

If you had a choice to visit Mount Everest, Antarctica or Climb Mount Vesuvius, what would it be?
Climb Mount Vesuvius. It's closer and I don't have to worry about extreme climates. Antarctica would be nice, and although I like the cold, I think I'd draw the line at super-layering.

Isaac
for Smash 4

Registered
08-10-2014, 11:44 PM
* Isaac bandwagons.

Quick! Ask me questions before the forum dies!

Cyanide

PokéDollars: ₪223.15
Moderators
08-11-2014, 12:57 AM
Do you think it is possible for mankind to achieve immortality through the ardous study of human biology?

[Image: 1zoagsj.png]

✯Ho-OhLugia✯
Angels of Truth and Ideals

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
08-11-2014, 05:14 AM
Hmm, here are some unique, specific questions, since I have run out of questions to ask you.

-Do you think we will ever bet to build a pyramid? Do you think it is possible?
-As seen on television, they predict that they would build a spacecraft big enough to fit the whole world in it. Do you think it would be possible, taking into account size, time and relationships with countries?
-What is your favourite natural wonder?
-Which would you prefer, hot or cold?

[Image: D5Ctidw.jpg]
We are ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Twin heroes of Truth and Ideals.
Want to see great art? Any requests? Click this warp text to see it!
Isaac
for Smash 4

Registered
08-11-2014, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2014, 11:01 AM by Isaac.)
@Law
Do you think it is possible for mankind to achieve immortality through the arduous study of human biology?
No.

@HoOhLugia
Do you think we will ever bet to build a pyramid? Do you think it is possible?
Who's 'we'? Is it the two of you? Is it a specific country? Is it just humanity in general? I'm going to answer this question under the assumption that 'we' is the two of you.
First, it depends on the dimensions of the pyramid itself. Building one the size of the Great Pyramid or Machu Picchu would be out of the question, but enough to fill, say, a backyard wouldn't be out of the question. Then, it depends on how you're going to fill it - will it be filled to the brim with material, or will it have rooms and such on the inside? Having rooms would make it a bit more complicated, though not impossible. Then you have exactly what it's going to be made of - bricks? Clay? Stones? All of these things play a factor, but I'm not an architect so I couldn't say exactly what.

But would it ever get to the point where you two would try to build a pyramid (either one together or one each)? Knowing you two, I wouldn't put it past you. ;P

As seen on television, they predict that they would build a spacecraft big enough to fit the whole world in it. Do you think it would be possible, taking into account size, time and relationships with countries?
No. The logistics alone make it impossible.

What is your favourite natural wonder?
A bright and colorful sunset. However, one thing I'd like a chance to see once in my life is an aurora.

Which would you prefer, hot or cold?
Cold, definitely. Though I have a lot of temperature tolerance (something like 30 to 100 F), I will always prefer cool days to hot ones, and I'll almost always walk around in shorts and a tee shirt (one time I even did that in the snow, and I was comfortable too, but I did catch a cold from it). I think my spending a chunk of my childhood in the UK helped build up my resistance to cold...and where I'm living right now is building up my resistance to heat.