Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Kikomaru: A Pokemon Story
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Kikomaru: A Pokemon Story
hotchocolat
Pokesun's sleepy baby

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
10-06-2014, 12:13 AM
So here's just a little series I whipped up about two friends and their Pokemon.

“Mmmmmm……………….”
Tears welled up behind Kiko’s eyes. Once again, she found herself joining Komaru on one of his ridiculous adventures. The last time, he wanted her ride a raft down a river during a thunderstorm. “It’ll be fun!” He said, only to wind up with a broken leg for the next several months. But now that he was better and raring to go once again, it was time for his next big quest- to catch a Pokemon. Naturally, his best friend Kiko was coming with him.
“Kiko… Don’t even think about it.” Scolded Komaru. His friend always seemed to be crying, or about to. It was constant waterworks with Kiko. He could never catch a break. But it was too late- Kiko was already bawling.
“Komaru! I… I don’t want to go anymooooore!” Her voice was distorted and pathetic from her crying. She tried to pull Komaru back, but he wouldn’t budge. He tightened his grip on her hand, and pulled her deeper into the forest.
“Kiko, don’t be scared! Once we catch our own Pokemon, nothing will be scary anymore!”
“I-I d-don’t wanna go any further… My dress is already dirty… A-and… I think it’s going to rain soon, Komaru! It’s going to raaaiiiii-“ her voice trailed off into tears.
“You’re right…” Komaru muttered. “It sure is raining, but it isn’t the sky.” Suddenly, Komaru came to a stop, and so did Kiko’s tears.
“Komaru? What’s wrong?” He put his hand over Kiko’s mouth.
“Shh….” The forest was dead quiet, except for the ever-so-slight rustling of some nearby bushes. The silence was almost deafening, until suddenly, snarling erupted from the bushes- along with a rather vicious pack of Mightyena. There were five of them, staring the two down with mean and hungry eyes.
Komaru’s face went pale. Kiko’s face contorted into a scream, but no sound could escape her.
“KIKO!” Komaru grabbed his friends hand and yanked her down the path. “RUN!”
The pair ran for their lives, their heartbeats jagged and painful. Kiko looked behind her, to see the five Mightyena taking after them.
“Don’t look back Kiko, it’ll slow us down! Just keep-“
And then, Komaru wondered if he was going to die then and there, as he tripped over a root, and tumbled to the ground, and heard the sounds of the five angry beasts catching up to them.
“Komaru!” Kiko cried, a bloodcurdling scream erupting from her mouth.
I’m not going to die here, right? We’re not going to die, right?
And as the head of the pack lunged at Kiko, leaping through the air, intent on effortlessly biting right through her neck, a figure leapt out of the bushes faster than Kiko could form a picture in her mind, and the Mightyena slammed against a tree as if it had been hit by a truck. The poor creature whimpered like a newborn puppy, and the other Mightyena took back off through the forest, tails between their legs.
The figure was actually quite small. In fact, it only came up to Kiko’s waist.
“Who… are you?” The small creature turned to look at Kiko. It gave her a reassuring smile, and took off into the woods, before Kiko could thank it.

Stay tuned for the next part, which I'll post tomorrow or the day after!
hotchocolat
Pokesun's sleepy baby

Registered
10-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Komaru slowly pushed himself off of the ground, his arms shaking.
"K...Kiko...? What... what just happened?"
"I think... I think it was a Pokemon... It saved our lives." Kiko began to wail and threw herself into the arms of her friend.
"Komaruuuuuu! We're... We're alive!" Komaru couldn't get her to stop bawling. He sighed.
"Let's go home, Kiko..."
Kiko looked down the deep forest path. She wondered if she would ever see that Pokemon again.
"Okay..." She said, sniffling. All she wanted right now was to go home and curl up in her bed... As well as see that Pokemon again.
"What did the Pokemon look like, Kiko?"
"It was a bit short... About half my size. It was a shade of light purple, and it seemed to be wearing shorts."
"A Pokemon? In shorts?"
"Well... They were attached to it's body, probably. It had ridges on it's head, too."
"Hmm... I don't think I've seen a Pokemon like that before."
The two children walked quietly through the forest. The sun was still high in the sky, but their day had come to an end. After an hour of walking, they reached the entrance, and Kiko sighed in relief.
"We made it... I was worried we'd be ambushed again" Komaru fell silent for a few seconds.
"Kiko... I'm sorry. I won't drag you on another adventure like that again. He then bolted off in the direction of his home. Kiko couldn't see, but he was fighting back tears.
"Komaru!" Cried Kiko. "I'll... see you tomorrow..." Kiko trudged back home. She wondered if today's event was even more traumatic for Komaru.

Chapter 3 coming next~
hotchocolat
Pokesun's sleepy baby

Registered
10-11-2014, 06:45 PM
A new day began, the sun illuminating Amber Town with it's golden rays.
It was 8 am, and Kiko laid in bed, staring at the ceiling.
"I wonder what I should say to Komaru?" She said, sadly. He seemed really distraught. "I should go over and tell him that I'm not upset with him. I don't want to stop going on adventures with him, after all." Throwing on her favorite dress and grabbing her bag, Kiko set off for Komaru's house.
But, something stopped her as she exited her front door. Someone... Something... Was watching her from the bushes by her front patio. She stared at the bush intently. Whatever it was watching her in the bush, it seemed curious about her.
"H...Hello? You... You can come out you know... I'm friendly." As she walked towards the bush, the figure sprung from the bush and took off away from her.
"Hey! Wait! Don't go!" Kiko chased after it. She made out it's figure- about waist high, light purple, with red shorts. It was the Pokemon from before!
"Wait! It's you! You came to see me?" She asked, with jagged breath. This Pokemon was fast. "Stop... Running!" Her clumsiness overtaking her, she tripped on her own foot, and fell to the ground.
"Ouch..." She began to cry, but stopped herself. "No... Not going to cry this time. I have a mission!" When she looked up, the Pokemon was infront of her. She let out a small scream.
"Gosh, you shocked me! Thanks for waiting for me..." The Pokemon looked at her with a concerned face.
"Oh, don't worry about me, I'm fine! I'm always falling." The Pokemon cocked it's head. Kiko laughed.
"You saved me the other day. Thank you so much..." Kiko reached out her hand. The Pokemon tensed up, and it's eyes widened when Kiko placed her hand on it's head. The Pokemon was in shock- it had never received an act of affection like this. Overtaken with embarrassment, the Pokemon attempted to flee again.
"Wait!" It stopped in it's tracks. It couldn't seem to avoid this girl. "Why don't we be friends?" She asked. The Pokemon seemed baffled. It raised it's eyebrows as if to ask "friends? huh?"
"I want to be your friend! I want you... I want you to be my Pokemon!" The Pokemon's face turned red. It turned around so Kiko wouldn't see. She smiled.
"What do you say? Surely it's dangerous being in that forest all the time. Why don't you stay with me? I've always wanted a Pokemon... I'll promise to be a great trainer." The Pokemon turned to face Kiko, staring at her intently. Could this clumsy girl really be a good trainer? Could she be a good friend? Putting it's faith in her, the Pokemon walked towards her. In an act of respect, it bowed to her. Kiko began to tear up, and unable to contain her joy, through her arms around it.
"Oh, I'm so happy! You're my Pokemon now!" The Pokemon, not used to physical contact, squirmed out her embrace, and stamped it's feet as if to say "show a little dignity!"
"Sorry, I'm just so excited! Come on, let's go to the local Pokemon lab. Actually, I don't even know what kind of Pokemon you are..." The Pokemon rolled it's eyes. Of course she didn't, it thought. Despite her airheadedness, the Pokemon decided to go with it's new trainer, and smiled softly, so Kiko wouldn't notice.
hotchocolat
Pokesun's sleepy baby

Registered
10-13-2014, 06:20 PM
"Professor Maple!" Kiko called into the large, spacey laboratory. The sounds of dozens of machines made a variety of noises. As usual, papers were strewn about everywhere. "I have something to show you!"
Kiko and her Pokemon walked into a small room in the back, where Kiko expected her to be. And there she was, her feet up on the desk, eating a bowl of noodles and watching a video on her computer. While the professor was very accomplished and renowned, she had a habit of taking quite a few breaks
"Hah... Of course... Professor Maple!" The professor let out a small shriek.
"Oh, it's just you, Kiko. Did you need something?
"Well... I was wondering if you could tell me about this Pokemon."
"Hmm?" Maple observed Kiko's partner. "Oh, a Tyrogue! These aren't native to our region. How interesting. Where did you find him?"
"A Tyrogue? Oh, well... He saved me in the forest, from a pack of Mightyena."
"That's great. Thanks for protecting Kiko, Tyrogue." He turned his head in embarrassment. "But still, how strange. Tyrogue's aren't generally found in the wild, they're normally bred. I wonder if he's lost?"
Kiko felt a lump in her throat. Maple was right... What if this Tyrogue was someone's lost Pokemon?
"Tyrogue... Did you have a trainer before?" Tyrogue shook his head. Kiko sighed in relief. "That's great... But if that's the case, where did you come from?" Tyrogue tilted his head. He didn't seem to know the answers either.
"In any case, it's great that you have your own Pokemon. I'll do some research on Tyrogue in this region, and maybe answers will turn up." Kiko nodded happily. "You know, trainers often nickname their Pokemon. If you want, you can nickname Tyrogue."
"A nickname, huh?" Kiko stared at Tyrogue's face intently. How about... Yuuki? It means "Courage." Yuuki seemed pleased, not opposed to his new name. "I'm so glad! He seems to like it."
"You know, Yuuki seems powerful, so I bet you could battle other trainers with him."
"Battle? Ooh... That sounds kind of scary.." Yuuki puffed out his chest. "Well, Yuuki doesn't seem to mind. If Yuuki wants to, I can try. Maybe with him around I won't cry all the time... That's right!" Kiko suddenly exclaimed. "I need to show Komaru!"
"Eh? Kiko?" Maple asked. Before she could finish, Kiko had bolted out of the laboratory, Yuuki following close behind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PokéSun Spring Festival: Pokemon Story Bloom 7 656 05-03-2015, 05:39 AM
Last Post by ✯Ho-OhLugia✯
  A Retrospective: Pokemon! CyChill 0 408 12-28-2013, 02:25 PM
Last Post by CyChill
  United Generations ( A Pokemon Fan-Fiction ) Fennekin_Fireninja653 2 840 07-23-2013, 01:47 AM
Last Post by shenanigans
  The Bonds of Time - A PMD Story Legacy 3 602 07-02-2013, 10:33 PM
Last Post by Kevin