Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Kiyo's Anime/JDrama/KDrama Review Blog
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Kiyo's Anime/JDrama/KDrama Review Blog
xKiYoMiNaTiONx
Cosplayer

PokéDollars: ₪1,079.72
Super Moderators
05-07-2014, 05:13 AM
Hey Guys! I figured I'd finally get started with something that I've been wanting to do for years. I've always wanted to do a review blog. You'll be taken into the world of anime through my eyes, how I view it, and what my opinions about them are.

Most anime reviews might be from anime I've already watched, some from after re-watching, and mostly from series that I just recently finished.

Review Blog Archive:

This is where I will put the links to certain reviews if anyone cares to read just that review (when that time comes).
xKiYoMiNaTiONx
Cosplayer

Super Moderators
05-08-2014, 08:45 PM
The First Review ~Little Busters! & Little Busters! ~Refrain~
Date Started: 05/04/14; Date Ended: 05/07/14

To get started, Little Busters! is a part of the Key/Visual Art's Franchise. The Little Busters anime was based off of the Visual Novel. In most Visual Novels, the main protagonist, usually a male, falls in love with one of the girls in the game. In the anime, they made it so that he befriends all the girls and I'll let the review take it from here...

The Opening Sequence:

Spoiler:
[Image: aEqQ8hEl.png]
[Image: 9YjUGrKl.png]
[Image: uSTzkHjl.png]
[Image: kMxQR9sl.png]

Little Busters! mostly revolves around a boy named Naoe Riki (in America, his name would be Riki Naoe instead), a person who has narcolepsy. He grew up with 4 other childhood friends. In the opening sequence, it is presented as such; Naoe Riki, Inohara Masato, Natsume Rin, Miyazawa Kengo, and Natsume Kyousuke.

At the start of the anime series, Natsume Kyousuke appears out of nowhere and seemed to have returned from somewhere, where? We don't know really know.

Kyousuke is the leader of the Little Busters! and was the one who brought Masato, Kengo, and Riki into the group. However, from here on, he suggests that they play baseball. He says that they'll need to find some girl players. However, Kengo is part of the Kendo club so he refuses to be a part of their little group. So then, Kyousuke and the others will have to find 5 other members in order to play....wait, did I already say that he said, "We need to find girl players."? Why did I say that? Well, that will all come soon enough...

Hold Up! I'm here to write a review, not tell you the whole plotline! >_<...

To be fair, I gave Little Busters! 7/10 Rating on MAL. It was a good series, considering it is a Key/Vis series, like I said before. Key/Visual Art's is best known for their anime series such as: AIR TV; Kanon TV; CLANNAD; CLANNAD ~After Story~, and Angel Beats. Little Busters! is the latest anime series to be made from a visual novel.

At first, I wasn't planning on watching it. I knew that at some point, I will cry. I always end up crying with their series. In the end, I ended up downloading the subs, and watching it in the end.

The first series was very laid back. It was a sort of build up for the 2nd series (~Refrain). I really did like the first series, it reminded me a lot of Kanon and CLANNAD. The main guy ends up helping the girls get through their difficult times and those girls end up joining the Little Busters. BTW, I should mention that Natsume Rin, is the only girl he has known from childhood...and she is undoubtedly the main female in the series.

Little Busters! ends on a good note. They managed to play one baseball game against some all-star athletes from the school. However, they lost in the end, but they still had fun. The last picture in my set above, shows an actual picture they took at the end of the first series.

All's fine right? They'll be best friends forever right? Nothing can go wrong...right?

Scenes from the 2nd Series Opening

Spoiler:
[Image: eI2VbFwl.png]
[Image: 5ry4Kh0l.png]
[Image: cQtZyyLl.png]

This series was only 13 episodes as compared to the 26 episodes of the 1st series.

I rated this, at first 5/10 on MAL. However, after completing the series, I ended up changing it to 7/10.

The 2nd Series starts off pretty much where the last series left off. Everyone's happy, celebrating their first baseball match, etc...

Then suddenly...the series takes a dark twist. In all honesty, this has, by far been the most darkest story in the Key/Visual animated series yet...

Naoe Riki takes notice of things...he is always questioning himself. Suddenly, the girls start to disappear. It starts with one, than three...leaving him to question the others if they are sick. The answer comes to light near the 2nd half of the 13 episode series.

The answer...was probably not what a lot of people would have expected if they have never watched a single key/vis anime or played the visual novel. However, if you have watched those other series, you're bound to see some heart-wrenching scenes, scenes that literally can probably make a guy cry.

The ending ended with a somewhat...sad or happy ending... which is it? You'll need to watch it for yourself! I don't want to give too much away.

I believe I mentioned this before, but I really, really was not planning on watching this. I knew what might happen, and yet... I still watched it. I've overcome it. Will you?

Here are some probably major spoiler screenshots, and probably some of my favorite shots too. It'll be in the spoiler link below:

Spoiler:
[Image: jm5bbJbl.png]
[Image: 4errsail.png]
[Image: gIpB2S7l.png]
[Image: ukexpznl.png]
[Image: 1ADI6ebl.png]
[Image: wftIykal.png]
**I swear! This anime is NOT Boys-Love (Yaoi) related at all! It's just my personal hobby...seriously...**
xKiYoMiNaTiONx
Cosplayer

Super Moderators
05-18-2014, 10:35 PM
The Second Review ~Natsume's Book of Friends Seasons 1-4~
Started Watching:05/07/14 Finished Watching: 05/10/14

**Please Note: I have rewatched this series 3 times… I will try not to be biased as much as possible. Please excuse the lack of screenshots as I watched these directly from my Legal US DVDs.**

-Season 1- Rating: 7/10 ~From first watching~
-Season 2- Rating: 9/10 ~From first watching~
-Season 3- Rating: 7/10 ~From first watching~
-Season 4- Rating: 8/10 ~From first watching~

When I first watched this series, I was looking for a good anime to watch. I do like the fantasy-themed stories, and this one had fantasy written all over it! Natsume's Book of Friends, in my opinion, is a slice-of-life, comedy, fantasy series that targets mostly the older teens range.

The opening sequence starts off first thing in every episode. I always watch the opening sequence the first time I watch any new series. I was captured by the sequence before the story even unfolded. This series' opening song "Issei no Sei" (Ready, Set, Go) by Kita Shuuhei is what made me a fan of him ^_^…

The artwork is awesome. I really didn't expect much when I saw the promo image, but I was wrong to not expect better. The artwork really captures you. The seiyuus (voice actors) that were used in this series matches the characters perfectly, voice-wise, and personailty wise. I became a fan of Hiroshi Kamiya from this series too!

Hiroshi Kamiya does the main character, Natsume Takashi. Natsume is a 16-year-old who has transferred from school to school, relatives to relatives, than to distant relatives. Why? What's wrong with Natsume that no one can handle him? He's your ordinary, normal, high school student… wait, did I say normal? Oops! My bad… there is just one thing different about him that most, if not all people do not have. He has the ability to see the unseen. Yokai (Demons)… with his naked eye, is able to see them, and even correspond with them. Many have deemed him crazy for telling lies in school, lies during dinner with family, saying things like, "What about that person?" or "He's right over there." But no one else can see what he is seeing.

Passed around different people, Natsume's personality has been developed to an introvert more or less. He keeps to himself as much as possible. He finally makes it to the town where his distant relatives live, and also the same town where his Grandmother, Natsume Reiko, who also was able to see Yokai.

Natsume Reiko… you see her a lot in the series as a high school girl. She created a book… not just any book, but a book of friends. Book of Friends, it's actually a notebook of a sort filled with names of different Yokai in the area that she had beaten. Using the Book of Friends, you can command any Yokai whose name is in the book at your will. Pretty powerful book if you ask me. (Wish I had one!)

This book has started to cause Natsume Takashi a lot of trouble.

~~Now, I will say this. I thoroughly enjoyed this series from start to finish. I somehow can relate to the protagonist quite a bit. Though, I doubt I'll ever have a talking cat! XD…

During the first season, I had my doubts, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Especially Nyanko-Sensei ^_^ I am a big fujoshi, meaning I love boys-love, yaoi, or whatever you like to call it. This series just screams BL!!! Don't worry folks, it's actually a shoujo story. Don't ask how, but it is… I enjoyed meeting all the different types of people within the series. Natori-san, the exorcist. Tanuma, the boy who's father is a priest and can sense things like Natsume, but can't really see them. Of course, ordinary friends as well…friends that he never got a chance to have growing up when he was younger.

Come the second season, and I'm already excited for this season! Tanuma has a better role, and they even introduce a new character. A girl named Taki, per say. I suppose they wanted Natsume to have another friend in which he can confide in with his circumstances. This season was very cute, and still had that slice-of-life stories. Some stories were kind of sad, but it's very meaningful and it really helps you to understand and grow up in a sense. The same pattern is still here from the first season, Natsume meets Yokai, Yokai wants name back, and then…Yokai gets name back and disappears, or ends of attacking either way.

Throughout his journey, he gets to see his grandmothers past through the giving back of the names. It sort of helps him understand his grandmother more, and a little bit more about himself. Natori appears again in this season, and he seems to kind of treat Natsume as a friend and brother of a sort.

The second season, I actually gave it a 2 ratings higher than the 1st season. It was really fun to watch, and it was quite funny at times, sad at times, and well, everything in between. When the third season was announced, I was already on the edge of my seat waiting for the next season to give me what's next!

As the third season started, I guess you can say things started to get a little bit too repetitive. The same thing just about every day, giving name back, etc… Though, there are a few things that change in this season. For one, another exorcist was introduced, and aside from Natori, this one was very, very erm… not so nice. He tends to exterminate demons whether they seal them or just completely destroy them. This is what differs between him and Natori. The new exorcist, Matoba, likes to control and demand, while Natori perfers to just seal the yokai rather than completely killing them off. Matoba uses other exorcists yokai servants as bait, and doesn't care what happens to them. Natori is different in that sense. Natori cares for his yokai servants.

I somehow didn't quite like the third season as much as I had thought I would. Of course, Taki and Tanumi are there, as well as Natsume's other friends, but I think Matoba showing up really caused me to rethink this series for a little bit. I ended up giving this season the same rating as I did for the first season. It's quite possible that the stories within this season wasn't up to par with what I would have liked. Though, Tanuma getting possessed was probably one of my favorite episodes for this season.

The fourth season…the last season that they animated, and not sure if they plan on anymore. This season was pretty good. Though, I suppose it still does not beat the second season. I rated this one 8/10, just one slightly higher than the 1st and 3rd seasons. They didn't really introduce any new characters this season, except for some of Natsume Takashi's family near the end of the season.

This season was basically all about Natsume's past and how he transitioned to who he is now. Though, I have to admit, the episode arc with Natsume in a bottle jar was quite cute… (too bad Tanuma couldn't see him in there.) Natsume refuses to join with Matoba and be an exorcist, and ends of siding with the Yokai much more than he thought. At the beginning of this series, in the first season, he hated Yokai, he didn't even want to get close to them. Yet, by this season, he practically comes to terms with his unusual self and actually has Yokai friends that would help him regardless if their name was in the book or not. He realizes that there are good yokai and bad yokai. He also realizes that the home he is in now, the one with his distant relatives, is his home and nothing will change that now.

~~

This series is seriously underrated. Yet, it is one of those really down to earth, slice of life series that you can't help but watch. I recommend this series to everyone.
xKiYoMiNaTiONx
Cosplayer

Super Moderators
09-01-2014, 06:57 AM
The Third Review ~Saki~
[b]Started Re-watching:
09/01/14 Finished Re-watching: 09/12/14

Saki (Season 1) Overall Rating: 8/10

First of all, sorry it took so long for me to finish the re-watch of this show OTL...

To rev me up for "The Nationals" arc, I decided to re-watch Saki.

Saki…just by the title of the series itself, you probably wouldn't understand what the anime is about.

Saki, just your normal, average 1st-year student at Kiyosumi High School… or at least that's what they seem to lead us to at the beginning of the series.

However, just one look at the opening sequence… you'll know that "Saki" is not just your ordinary, high school girl… nor is it an ordinary high school anime.

Spoiler:
[Image: 7byojfHl.png]

This series is about a sport called Mahjong. Mahjong originally came from China, but is practically a worldwide sport in most asian countries. Mahjong is a game, where there are tiles that you either keep, discard, make bets, etc… I really can't go into much detail as I would need to search up a whole lot about it. Though, by watching the series, you can get a gist about what Mahjong is really about.

Saki is considered to be the main character of this series, however, do you see that pink-haired girl? She's important too.

Spoiler:
[Image: U6DmmZrl.jpg]
[Image: JH4a77Rl.png]

Saki, at first, did not want to join the Mahjong Club, or play it formally. This is due to some past experience that she has had within her own family. However, due to playing with the members in the club, she ends up enjoying Mahjong, and eventually joins them. She then makes a promise with Haramura Nodoka (the pink-haired girl) to go to the nationals together, and so that Saki can also see her older sister again.

Spoiler:
[Image: wPErKEWl.jpg]

The majority of this series is spent around the Prefectural Tournament. Each team competes against other schools to make it to the nationals. This is Kiyosumi's first year at the prefectural tournament.

The first-year students, Miyanaga Saki, Kataoka Yuuki, and Haramura Nodoka, are Kiyosumi's best bet at winning. Though, that's not all! Someya Mako, second-year student, and Takei Hisa, president and third-year student also helps out when necessary!

Spoiler:
[Image: eCFclDKl.png]

By episode 19, Kiyosumi High School wins the Prefectural Tournament leading them to head on to the Nationals. But by this time, there as has been many character developments. Haramura Nodoka has found out that she plays best while hugging "Etopen", her penguin. Saki finds out she plays best when not wearing shoes, or even socks! But the most surprising character development of all, his actually that of Amae Koromo.

Spoiler:
[Image: 73qFmB6l.jpg]

Amae Koromo is a student with very high-leveled Mahjong skills. Her skills actually rivals that of Saki's. However, when Koromo plays, she wasn't playing for herself…however, after encountering Saki, she is finally able to understand "how" to play mahjong, rather than "have" to play mahjong. She went from someone who had no friends, to someone who has friends, even from rival schools.

Spoiler:
[Image: BrXzq2Rl.png]
[Image: 3Wp7YNQl.png]

Hahaha...just to let you know... Saki is NOT a Yuri anime at all...though, the show hints at it all the time!

Just some random screenshots from the post-tournament when their respective "partners" cheer up the other.

Spoiler:
[Image: FZm7wsul.png]
[Image: y37PVywl.jpg]

With that, Kiyosumi has been made the winners, and all there is left is the individual tournaments, which, more or less take up the rest of this season.

The Individual Tournament is for anyone to participate. The top 3 ranking players will advance to the nationals. I'm not going to go too in to deep with the individuals, so I'll just say that the top 3 ranking players were Fujiki Mihoko from Kazekoshi Girls School, Haramura Nodoka from Kiyosumi High School, and Miyanaga Saki, also from Kiyosumi High School. In the individual tournament, they don't just play against other schools, but they can also play against their own schoolmates.

During the last two episodes of the series, they have time to loosen up, go to a summer festival, and invite other rival schools to a joint training camp to prepare for the nationals.

Even though the ending sequence for the last episode shows scenes from what you see from the nationals, it's really hard to tell what really goes on. Though, I really do hope we get some closure in the sequel, Saki - The Nationals!

Spoiler:
[Image: xDry1HLl.png]
hotchocolat
Pokesun's sleepy baby

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
09-01-2014, 06:03 PM
You're going to review Saki? I LOVE Saki!! Can't wait to read it!
xKiYoMiNaTiONx
Cosplayer

Super Moderators
09-15-2014, 05:45 AM
The Fourth Review ~Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus~
Started Watching: 09/13/14 Finished Watching: 09/15/14

Overall Rating: 7/10

This...was definitely an unplanned review. After finishing Saki, I decided to watch the Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler): Book of Circus before I start watching Free! -Eternal Summer-. I feel like, now that I have watched it, a big heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulder.

Now, I do apologize, but this review is really last minute as I'm writing it right after I had finished watching the final episode. This series only have 10 episodes, and takes place, chronologically after the Curry Arc from the 1st Season of the Series (which is around episode 15/16).

This series takes us to the Noah's Ark Circus (Arc) of the manga. The main characters are still Ciel Phantomhive, and Sebastian Michaelis. However, since this is about the Circus Arc, how can I not introduce the other characters? xD

Circus Troupe:

Joker - He's technically what you would call the ringleader of the troupe within the circus.
Dagger - He throws daggers...yep.
Beast - Don't let her looks fool you, but she tames beasts! xD
Peter & Wendy - They do trapeze acts.
Doll - Walks the tightrope
Jumbo - He's a big guy... no, really...actually I have no clue what his talent is... o.o
Snake - He's voldemort... no, I'm kidding... But he can talk to snakes, and he is technically a snake master.

These guys make up the Circus troupe. The perform for people...but what they do on the side... Is not something the general public knows.

Ciel gets an order from the Queen to investigate missing children. Ciel and Sebastian both believe that the missing children are tied to the Circus people. So, in order to investigate, Ciel and Sebastian both work "undercover" to figure out some details.

Things, don't really go as plan in the beginnings, especially when they find that a Grim Reaper is there as well (William T. Spears). However, this bout doesn't last very long.

Considering this is a 10 episode series, the plot quickly comes and goes.

For the first half of the series, no more like, for 3 episodes or so, they work undercover. They "befriend" the troupe and try to learn as many details as possible.

The troupe is a special troupe. They do not have arms, or legs...or better yet. They have them, but they aren't real. They are actually Prosthetic (fake limbs). Joker has a fake arm/hand, Beast has a fake leg, not sure about the others, but that much I am sure of.

In one episode, we see the troupe go off in the distance and we see them actually doing their evil deeds red-handed. Though, at this point, Sebastian and Ciel still doesn't know about that. But, when Ciel goes off to investigate, he finds out that... in Joker's room... his name is on paper.

By this time, you have probably forgotten all about the missing children... Well, all that gets answered in episode 7. Episodes 8 and 9 are the most climatic episodes, and spoiling you guys too much is not what I would like to do. This series finished airing rather recently. I'll say this... It really wasn't what I had expected at first. The ending was quite...it gives you a lot of feels. Yet, at the same time, you kind of understand the reason why it had happened.

In this series, Agni, Prince Soma, and Elizabeth all make a little appearance. Mey-rin, Finny, and Bardroy make an appearance too (but they have the most action during episodes 8 and 9).

I'll leave this adorable picture of Ciel when he was a child here...

[Image: pDsuTZTl.png]
xKiYoMiNaTiONx
Cosplayer

Super Moderators
10-04-2014, 06:10 AM
This review might be kind of pointless...but I am going to do it anyways... It's not so much a review, but more of an aspiration of my personal life.

I finally marathoned the whole entire 2nd season of Free! ~Eternal Summer~...

I... there were so many ups and downs... that... I was really hesitating watching this season. I was scared... I was scared that if I watched it, I would cry...buckets...buckets of tears... (haru, don't go swimming in them...)...

I'm glad I finally broke down and finally watched it (while wearing my Iwatobi Shirt)...

Some episodes, of course, really, really made me cry (Nagisa T^T)... and of course that final episode... how can you not cry during the final episode?? T^T...

I can NOT wait for the unaired episode, but that's gonna take a long time OTL... I'm a little sad they didn't show them graduating...but I'm really glad I finally watched it.... it gives me more hope to cosplay more... for the future.

~~Now on to my personal wall~~

Lately, I have been feeling quite down and out. No, I'm not stuck in a depression mode, but maybe I am? I love to cosplay, and I love anime. I aspire to be like my other cosplay friends, but in a way it's not possible...

There are so many things that I can not do, that they can do. I can't just wear make-up. It's really hard because I once got contact dermatitis and I still do not know the cause of it. My whole face broke out into a huge rash.

I also can't wear circle lens, or regular contacts for that matter. I have really severe dry eyes, I have astigmatism as well. For one, to be able to wear contacts your eyes have to be moist. My eyes dry out super fast, I'm already putting in another drop of lubricant eye drops. Also, because of my astigmatism, contacts would be made larger than normal contacts and I have really tiny eyes. On the note of circle lens, apparently they aren't the safest things to use. Circle Lens have a lot of chemicals in them and they deplete the oxygen in your eyes quite a bit. This will cause the blood vessels in your eyes to hemorrhage. They aren't life-threatening, but it can result in permanent damage to your eyes eventually. My eye doctor does not recommend them at all.

I have been dissed for being too "large" for cosplaying certain characters. I've never really made it a problem at all before. I just wanted to cosplay who I wanted because I like the character. However, lately, because I've been going into cosplay a bit more frequently as more than just a hobby, but... make it more of a favorite past-time or heck, I'm literally trying to wiggle myself into a cosplay each time I can...

I've lost weight...I lost weight that my skirts and pants don't fit... they slide down =(... People would consider that a good thing... I like that I lost weight, but my doctors are saying that it isn't healthy to lose weight like I did. What did I do? All I did was stop eating chicken and eggs and fried rice... I still eat a lot of other unhealthy foods.

But regardless of all that... just watching this series has finally made things clear. I will cosplay whom I want, and how I want to. So what if I wear glasses... it won't stop me... I'd rather see then not see at all. I want to be true to myself, and true to my character that I cosplay... I want to things how I want to do it...for the future!

To the unseen future! My future is clouded right now... It's really hazy. Even though it was sparkling clear 4 years ago...now it's been clouded. I hope that one day, that thick fog will clear and I'll be able to step into that future.

~~Personal Wall End~~

Yeah...I guess I kind of really wanted to talk about things like this a little bit...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pigville - Martin's Blog Porkchop 0 166 04-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Last Post by Porkchop
  Zueq's Ba-Zueq-A~ Blog :3 Zueq 151 7,933 03-24-2017, 11:01 PM
Last Post by Zueq
  We can have a blog here? Luigi's Purple Coins 3 344 03-11-2017, 03:11 AM
Last Post by Zueq
  Minecrafting Blog ninJAS 2 356 10-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Last Post by ninJAS