Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Mega Evolutions Impact on the older games.
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Mega Evolutions Impact on the older games.
Dock
Docking station

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
01-30-2015, 10:41 PM
The other day I was watching some pokemanz stream on twitch, and I started reading the chat a little bit. Some of the viewers were talking about Mega Evolultion and the new games (X,Y,ORAS) being in a separate universe from the older pokeman games. After some digging around and remembering some stuff throughout the Delta Episode events I found this quote of Zinnia.

My people know it. From generation to generation, we pass along the lore about the distortions in the world borne by the Mega Evolution mechanism. And about the existence of another world, which we have long observed to be just like this one and yet not the same... That's right. A Hoenn region that's almost exactly like this one we live in. Filled with Pokémon and people like us. A world where maybe the evolution of Pokémon took a slightly different path, where Mega Evolution is unknown... A world where that war 3,000 years ago...never happened. A world where the ultimate weapon was never even built. And in that Hoenn of that world... What would happen if one day, out of the blue, a meteoroid appeared? What would happen to the people of that world, without the technology to destroy the meteoroid or the power to warp it away? ...

So do you think this was Nintendo's way of subtlety letting us know that there are now two pokeman 'worlds'? One where Mega Evolution is possible and one where it isn't. This also brings into play the canon of it all. Are both worlds now considered canon, or is the older generations now non-canon, as because of Nintendo wanting to focus on the mega evolution story line.

Or maybe they will focus on both worlds, as Zinnia said a world without a war and the ultimate weapon. This would make some drastic changes to the events of XY. A world without AZ and his beautiful Floette that he sacrificed . Maybe the next game will be Delta Z, the story of what happens in Kalos when there was no war.

What are your thoughts on these speculations?
✯Ho-OhLugia✯
Angels of Truth and Ideals

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
01-31-2015, 11:34 PM
This actually interested me when I played Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. I was really wondering to myself if there were two different worlds. But would that mean that there would be two Red's, for example?

I really hope that this would be explained in the next game in Kalos, since I'm really curious!

[Image: D5Ctidw.jpg]
We are ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Twin heroes of Truth and Ideals.
Want to see great art? Any requests? Click this warp text to see it!
Rouge007
Goofball Sharpshooter

PokéDollars: ₪814.09
Veterans
02-03-2015, 06:39 PM
This concept is really cool. I hope there are two worlds. I mean I like mega evolutions and all but I feel like it was nice when they werent there as well.

[Image: 33a8c9u.jpg]
thank you @smoakdragon for the sig!
Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

PokéDollars: ₪32.09
Registered
02-05-2015, 04:59 AM
With the introduction to Hoopa and the crazy dimensional legendary battles in ORAS, I think anything is possible for the series. There could in fact be potential alternate worlds or dimensions that do and don't have mega evolutions. Perhaps in one game it would be possible to travel across time or the dimensions of Pokemon to explore things both in the past, present, and future.

[Image: dA219Lb.gif]
Joaquin
Poke Fan

Registered
02-05-2015, 05:14 PM
Or maybe the entire pokemon world is being dreamt up by a giant fish?

[Image: super_saiyan_swagger__dragon_ball_z___ve...69j3i5.png]
Smanters
Ghosts are yes

Registered
02-05-2015, 08:40 PM
Funny you mention this, Game Theory feels similarly.

[Image: ChandelureSig.png]
Credit goes to my good friend Dyrozix
Dock
Docking station

Registered
02-06-2015, 05:07 PM
So not only are there two universes between mega and non mega evolutions, but there are no billions of universes based on each separate cartridge of each game. Game Freak has really done a great effort to make everything they do canon is some way shape or form.
Smanters
Ghosts are yes

Registered
02-07-2015, 10:35 PM
(02-06-2015, 05:07 PM)Dock Wrote: So not only are there two universes between mega and non mega evolutions, but there are no billions of universes based on each separate cartridge of each game. Game Freak has really done a great effort to make everything they do canon is some way shape or form.

Don't jump the gun, it's just a theory. I'm just saying you might be on to something here.

[Image: ChandelureSig.png]
Credit goes to my good friend Dyrozix
Dock
Docking station

Registered
02-14-2015, 03:14 AM
Haha true! When it comes to theories about games I usually tend to believe them If they are somewhat plausible. I feel like the game creators come up with lore And Canon material that they don't directly put in games for there own sake but leave subtle hints towards so that we may come to the conclusion eventually.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The growing problem of Mega Pokemon CyChill 8 1,020 10-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Last Post by poke23
  Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino ninJAS 10 1,371 10-14-2014, 11:20 PM
Last Post by poke23
  Possible Mega Evolution's Fennekin_Fireninja653 47 8,233 08-16-2014, 12:45 AM
Last Post by hotchocolat
  Future Pokemon games & theories Fennekin_Fireninja653 13 1,576 12-20-2013, 10:31 PM
Last Post by xKiYoMiNaTiONx