Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
My Noivern.
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

My Noivern.
Porygon
A Classic Grass Type

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
11-02-2013, 08:26 PM
So I have a Timid Noivern and I am having a hard time coming up with an ideal moveset.

He currently has;
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- Hurricane
- Roost

I want to have at least one of these moves;
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Boomburst

However I don't like the lowered special attack from DM, and the low accuracy of Hurricane and I don't get STAB from Boomburst but it has good accuracy and coverage.
Or should I just replace Hurricane with Flamethrower or something and that way I have decent accuracy on everything? I have no idea.

What do you think is the best moveset for my Noivern?

Love,
      Porygon ~ <3

Kevin
Member of Thespian Troupe 1139

Registered
11-02-2013, 11:52 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013, 11:53 PM by Kevin.)
I think the best set would one with these moves:

Noivern @Life Orb/Choice Specs
Ability: Infilitrator
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Air Slash
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Boomburst

Air Slash is for STAB and with Noivern's amazing speed, it has a 30% chance of flinching the opponent. Flamethrower is for coverage against Ice, and steel pokemon who all pose a threat against Noivern. Ice has a 4x advantage, and steel resists both of its STABs including Boomburst. Dragon Pulse is the main STAB move along with Air Slash. Boomburst has got to be the BEST move I've ever seen. It has 140 Base Power, and NO drawbacks. The only downside is that it's a normal type. However Air Slash and Dragon Pulse are both still weaker than Boomburst even with STAB. It can hit Fairies neutrally as well.

Well, there's my suggestion. Might of taken it too far.

[Image: 0KOwHeL.png]
Credits to Fairy Princess Bloom for this awesome signature!

Super Smash Bros Survival Role-Play

My Pokémon Emporium

ASB Profile

S.I.B. Fanfiction

My Art Gallery

Porygon
A Classic Grass Type

Registered
11-03-2013, 01:13 AM
My Noivern is set up like that already with the same ability and EV spread.
I was just having trouble with the best moves I should teach it considering I don't do competitive battling. :p

But thanks! That's a big help, it learned Boomburst just before so I'll probably swap Roost for Flamethrower for that extra coverage.

Love,
      Porygon ~ <3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goodra or Noivern? Noodles 14 3,159 01-20-2014, 02:23 PM
Last Post by Noodles