Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
On-site suggestions
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

On-site suggestions
Legacy
Resident Metalhead

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
01-04-2016, 07:35 AM
With Zueq hoping to become more active soon and with at least a handful of people regularly active, PLUS people like myself who pop in every now and again, it's clear the site is still held somewhere special in our hearts.

Now, when I saw this;

(12-24-2015, 12:05 AM)Zueq Wrote: I will try my best to make PokéSun the best place there is! Wink I'm hoping next year I will start to become active again and start getting PS up and active again! Merry Christmas, too! Big Grin

it got me thinking. To make PokeSun the best place there is the site will need something to draw people in and hold them here. The site as it is at the moment is great (hey, we wouldn't be here if it wasn't right?) but it needs something to really attract attention and make it stand out from other forums in a fun way. So the reason I'm posting this up is basically for everyone to throw in their ideas on what could make this site 'the best place there is' to give Zueq and the staff some potential ideas and make it easier for them to get to work on new and exciting things when the time comes.

Note; suggestions could be anything from things to add to the shop through to adding (or re-adding) something to the forums like an RPG or something of the like. Be creative and even a bit outrageous if you want, just throw things in Smile

((Sorry if this is in the wrong forum btw, it just seemed like the most logical place to put this type of thread.))
Zueq
Ba-Zueq-A~♫♩♬

PokéDollars: ₪4,641.06
Founder and Administrator
01-05-2016, 12:25 AM
Well, there was suppose to be a totally awesome theme available for PokéSun months ago, but it just never got done.. I will possibly look back into that, as PokéSun really needs to have it's own custom and unique theme design so that we will look unique as possible!

The problem I see is that "forums" in general are decreasing sadly. Now I haven't done my research or looked at any stats, but it's just a rough estimate that I predicted. I checked some other forums that I use to frequent often, but they all seem to either die, or became really inactive like what has happened to us. So hopefully we can get some things running, and still try to convince people that we are so unique, and fun, that you just have to join our community to really experience it. ^_^

Of course, re-adding the RPG is always gladly accepted, we just need the time and dedication from other members, as well.
Cyanide

PokéDollars: ₪226.89
Moderators
01-05-2016, 05:17 PM
We actually had a full draft containing the details of possible implements to the site, back in September. Technically, the majority of it is already set and ready to go, but I will have to agree that member count and interest is the crucial deciding factor for the implementation of these changes. We've held back on it, but if enough of you are eager to see it happen, then it's a project crossed off the list.

[Image: 1zoagsj.png]

✯Ho-OhLugia✯
Angels of Truth and Ideals

PokéDollars: ₪2
Registered
01-06-2016, 05:36 AM
I obviously would love to help bring back Pokesun! It's saddening to see that forums are fading, probably to social media. If I think of ideas, I will definitely help, but there is something I want to bring up.

There are members signing with weird usernames like zn83y4 for example (not an actual username). Are they even posting here? What can we do so that spam bots don't come and say that there are 1000 users on here but only around 20 who are currently active?

[Image: D5Ctidw.jpg]
We are ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Twin heroes of Truth and Ideals.
Want to see great art? Any requests? Click this warp text to see it!
Cyanide

PokéDollars: ₪226.89
Moderators
01-06-2016, 03:12 PM
I typically hand the bots that are newly registered. Pretty easy to distinguish them. Can't do much about the older ones though, unless someone was diligent and bored enough to go through the entire member directory and pick out every single one, single-handedly. Next time someone sees a profile that may be bot, just send me a PM or profile message and I'll check it out.

[Image: 1zoagsj.png]

shenanigans
↞The Swashbucklin' Fool↠

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
03-13-2016, 11:23 AM
@Zueq

I dunno, Z. My activity on forums, personally, has declined; however, most of the forums I frequented are stronger than ever. Perhaps there's more economics at play here than anything else. Most of the active people on PokeSun were just below/around 18 years old and 12/13 years old. The 18~ year olds were going out into the world for the first time, figuring things out, so PokeSun was put on the back burner or forgotten. The 12/13~ year olds became teenagers and went to middle/high school, forming cliques and being distracted by socialization and whatnot. This is all theory, of course, but I digress. xP

While I've been too inactive to really have an opinion on the matter, I could definitely get back into the RPG if it was started up. As long as there's more than one RPG mod this time. xD

Another possibility would be a rom-hacking section of the forums, or perhaps PokeSun could form clans/guilds within other gaming communities to try and drive traffic and fellow Pokemon fans to this site. The advent of Sun and Moon should bring more people around, regardless. Your url just became a lot more valuable. P:

Zueq
Ba-Zueq-A~♫♩♬

PokéDollars: ₪4,641.06
Founder and Administrator
03-13-2016, 04:04 PM
(03-13-2016, 11:23 AM)Skye Wrote: @Zueq

I dunno, Z. My activity on forums, personally, has declined; however, most of the forums I frequented are stronger than ever. Perhaps there's more economics at play here than anything else. Most of the active people on PokeSun were just below/around 18 years old and 12/13 years old. The 18~ year olds were going out into the world for the first time, figuring things out, so PokeSun was put on the back burner or forgotten. The 12/13~ year olds became teenagers and went to middle/high school, forming cliques and being distracted by socialization and whatnot. This is all theory, of course, but I digress. xP

While I've been too inactive to really have an opinion on the matter, I could definitely get back into the RPG if it was started up. As long as there's more than one RPG mod this time. xD

Another possibility would be a rom-hacking section of the forums, or perhaps PokeSun could form clans/guilds within other gaming communities to try and drive traffic and fellow Pokemon fans to this site. The advent of Sun and Moon should bring more people around, regardless. Your url just became a lot more valuable. P:

Wow. Good theory, Skye. That is probably one of the greatest theories that I've heard so far about why PokéSun has died down. Mine theory was that I've seen not only this forum, but many other forums die down as well, which comes to mind that I think forums are in the past now for some odd reason. xD

And yes, my URL just became a lot more valuable since we now have Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon coming the near future. Big Grin

RPG would be nice to have, but of course, it all comes down to the activity here. Lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokesun ideas & Suggestions Fennekin_Fireninja653 3 185 03-20-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post by Zueq
  Suggestions Archive (i don't mind if others post) medicham 9 768 08-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Last Post by medicham
  Suggestions: Pokesun Battle League Joaquin 4 395 06-10-2015, 09:16 AM
Last Post by Fennekin_Fireninja653
  Pokesun Anniversary - Suggestions teamplasma 7 1,123 01-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Last Post by Fennekin_Fireninja653