Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussions, to Pokkén Tournament speculations, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Pokémon Go Tips/Tricks
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Pokémon Go Tips/Tricks
Cody
Pokémon Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
07-27-2016, 12:20 PM
Let's use this thread to discuss Pokémon Go tips & tricks. Anything that you've heard, let's discuss it here and help each other out level up and catch as many Pokémon as possible!

Here are a few that I have heard/done

[ul]
[li]Pick your Eevee's evolution[/li]
[/ul]
Give your Eevee a nickname based on the Eevee brothers to choose it's evolution
Jolteon = Sparky
Vaporeon = Rainer
Flareon = Pyro

With this one, my first Eevee evolved into a Jolteon, and then I used the nickname trick to get Vaporeon & Flareon. I also had my gf and a couple friends use this trick with a 100% success rate. After that I tried to get a 2nd Jolteon by naming my Eevee Sparky, and it didn't work. I heard that sometimes the server doesn't acknowledge the nickname and that I may need to close out the app completely and then reopen it back up after giving the nickname. So, when I tried again, I did that and it still didn't work. Mine is the only instance that I've heard of that has not worked though, so I would still recommend giving it a shot if I were you

[ul]
[li]When hatching eggs, walk in a straight line[/li]
[/ul]
The way that the system is set up, it's based on geo location. Every time it refreshes, it takes your previous spot and draws a straight line to your new spot to get your location. So, walking in a circle or zig-zag will only make it take longer to hatch your eggs

[ul]
[li]Power Level using Lucky Eggs[/li]
[/ul]
What I mean by this is, don't evolve your Pokémon right away. Save up as many evolutions as possible, and then use a Lucky Egg and evolve them all at once. This way you will get more experience, catch higher level'd Pokémon, & get better items sooner. One great way to do this it catching every single Pidgey. They only take 12 candies to evolve, and if you evolve a bunch of Pidgeys to Pidgeottos using a Lucky Egg, you will get a ton of experience

[ul]
[li]Hit the Pokémon with the ball right away[/li]
[/ul]
This trick guarantees that you will hit the Pokémon with the ball. It doesn't guarantee that you will catch it, but it may save you from wasting a bunch of Pokéballs. What you do, is when you click on the Pokémon and it goes to the screen where you are going to catch it, it's zoomed in on the Pokémon at first. As soon as the screen starts zooming out, throw the Pokéball.

What more tips/tricks have you guys found?
Cody
Pokémon Trainer

Registered
07-31-2016, 11:19 AM
I figured out why the Eevee evolution trick hasn't been working for me. Apparently it only works if you have not evolved an Eevee in that specific Eeveelution yet, so only the first time.
Rouge007
Ask me about my Guzma

PokéDollars: ₪568.28
Registered
07-31-2016, 01:17 PM
If you are riding in a car and go less than 20 miles per hour it will count toward steps for egg hatching. xD My boyfriend drives me around sometimes to go pokemon hunting.

[Image: 33a8c9u.jpg]
thank you @smoakdragon for the sig!
Cody
Pokémon Trainer

Registered
08-03-2016, 05:53 PM
I usually try to go 10-15 when driving. Sometimes if you are hovering around 20, it doesn't always count it. At least in my experiences anyway.

Also, the trick with throwing the ball right away is gone now with the newest update.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sticky: Pokemon Alpha and Beta Secrets Miles Prower 18 5,797 06-20-2017, 02:06 PM
Last Post by Miles Prower
  Pokemon Gold and Silver Coming to 3DS Virtual Console Miles Prower 4 153 06-13-2017, 03:23 PM
Last Post by Miles Prower
  Pokemon Go Arceus 4 258 05-26-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post by Cloud
  Anyone finished Pokémon Sun or Moon? Zueq 5 192 03-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Last Post by Bloom