Dismiss this notice
Hello there, trainer! Welcome to PokéSun! Login or Register to join in with our family! From Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon discussions, to competitive play, battles and trades, roleplaying, general talk, and much more! Register today, and join us under the shining, tropical Sun!
Poll: Who will you vote for?
This poll is closed.
xKiYoMiNaTiONx
40.00%
2 40.00%
❀Fairy Princess Bloom❀
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

PokeSun's Writing Contest #10: Closed!
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

PokeSun's Writing Contest #10: Closed!
FormerOG767
Cogito ergo sum

PokéDollars: ₪0
Registered
02-07-2014, 02:29 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2014, 10:11 AM by FormerOG767.)
[Image: WritingContestFennekin_zpse755f44b.png]

Theme: Your favorite animal!

Due Date: February 24th
Voting Ends: February 28th

Prizes:
1st Place: ₪150,000
2nd Place: ₪80,000
3rd Place: ₪50,000

The 1st place winner is Fairy Princess Bloom, and Kiyo is the runner-up. Thanks for participating girls ^^

Guidelines
  • Reply on this thread if you'd like to be in our contest.
  • If you have entered the contest, you may not vote for your own entry.
  • Please post your entry here.
  • You cannot submit an entry you have used on another writing contest.
  • It must be written by you, and you only.
  • Comments are allowed for the entries.

Members Whom Have Signed Up
  • ❀Fairy Princess Bloom❀
  • xKiYoMiNaTiONx
  • Fennekin_Fireninja653

Writing Entries

xKiYoMiNaTiONx's Entry~
Spoiler:
My Favorite Animal!

This is quite a very difficult topic to write about. I love Cats, and I love Dogs, and I love all animals! Though, I suppose my absolute favorite animal would have to be man's best friend, Doggies!!

I feel like Dogs are loyal and gentle creatures. Having owned two dogs for about 14 years, I can honestly say that they are there for you no matter what.

Dogs have a senses that even we, humans, don't have. Even though dogs are color-blind, they still can see who you are. Their sense of smell is much better than us humans! Dogs know who their owners are and are able distinguish things by the owners actions.

As I have mentioned before, Dogs are loyal and gentle creatures. However, sometimes that may not be so. You can tell when your dog is sick when they start acting strangely. For example, my doggie, an Australian Silky Terrier (Balto), who was 14 years when we put him down. He started biting at us and growling at us. Even though, at that time, he was already blind in one eye, and partially blind in the other. Yet, when we were told to remove the dog dish and things, perhaps his sense of hearing was hightened because as soon as we tried to remove the dish, he yipped and snarled at us. It was odd for him to do so. Also, he was starting to wet himself a lot. In the cage, on the kitchen floors…we weren't sure what was wrong. We finally took him in to see the vet after he started showing signs of shaking. Found out that his bladder ruptured and is life-threatening. At that time, I was suffering from side-effects of a bladder problem myself and panic attacks. I couldn't will myself to see my beloved friend since my elementary school days get put down.

My other dog, Sonny Boy, was a Yorkshire Terrier. He was only 10 when we had to put him down. It was also the same time as when I was at my best. I had gone to Japan that year, at the best anime convention ever that year, and then, everything started crumbling at christmas time. We had just gave the dogs a bath and my mother was grooming him. I already had known that Sonny was sick. His nose was really dry. Fun Fact, when your dogs nose is dry, its telling you it sick, and not doing well. Dogs noses are meant to be moist. We had already knew that he was suffering from a narrow windpipe so he couldn't get much air flow. I was worried about him because his eyes started closing every so often, and all his doggy sneezes were meant to clear up his airways. During my exams, (yes, I was still in college at this time), I was so worried about him that I couldn't concentrate on the final and just wanted to hurry up and catch the bus to get to the vet. When I got there, I was told that he had an enlarged heart, and that alone was causing his windpipes to close up. The only thing we could do was put him down. To be truthful, he was put down first, a year before my other dog, and one day before. It was saddening. I asked to go into the bathroom for a bit because I just broke down in tears. I called up my best friend who was living in Texas. When I told her what was happening, she told me to calm down and say that it's going to be alright and that he'll be in a better place where he's no longer in pain. I literally drowned myself in tears.

When I finally left the bathroom, I took some last moment pictures of him. He really didn't know what was going on, at least I don't think so. He was happy. He was licking my face, licking my dad's face, and everything. I almost started crying again. I had to leave the room.

Dogs, to me, aren't just pets. They were my family and my best friends. They were there for me when I was lonely at home when my family went off on a trip because I had college. My dogs were there for me whenever I felt sad or down. Playing with them, Walking them… I'll never forget them. Sometimes, I think I still hear them in the kitchen barking.

So, to end this, I would like to reiterate that my favorite animals are dogs. They are loyal, gentle, and very protective of their owners. You will never find a better friend than one of them =)

❀Fairy Princess Bloom❀'s Entry~
Spoiler:
My Favorite Animal Story – Cambia’s Journey

It was a quiet and dulcet morning in the verdant forest. Today was the start of mating season, and luckily for me, I don’t even exist yet. It was in fact today, June 21st, that I hatched from my mother’s egg. Who would know that of all insects, I would end up being a child of the King and Queen butterflies of the Grand Elder Tree of the forest. The Elder Tree is the largest in the entire forest, and it is home to thousands of caterpillars and butterflies. While life may be peaceful at the tree, the society here is very skeptical of new things. Our kind has followed the same living system since the beginning of our species. Essentially all the butterflies do is collect and trade pollen and collect sustenance for new caterpillars. Then when the Summer Solstice occurs, all of the butterflies mate and the cycle repeats itself.

This year caterpillars of my age group are on their final step to becoming butterflies. We are learning how to create cocoons, but for some reason I just can’t seem to grasp the concept no matter how hard I try. For being royalty, everyone expects me to do great things for the Elder Tree. I can’t even manage to make a basic cocoon! In every single practice or competition hosted for caterpillars in my age group, I always end up doing the worst and disappointing not only my parents, but the entire Elder Tree society. I’m known as the royal disgrace to the high society elders. Sometimes I just wish I could just change into a butterfly and fly away from all of this constant humiliation.

Staring into my reflection from the dew drops, I sigh at the thought of entering today’s final challenge. Next week is the Solstice, so by tomorrow everyone in my group is expected to have formed a cocoon by dawn. It’s not a surprise they are all excited, they all get to make their perfect cocoons , transform into beautiful butterflies, fly around the tree and experience freedom, and have children of their own to carry off their perfect genetics. Both of my parents were expert flyers and were some of the best in history. Even as caterpillars they both were the best of their groups. Despite of that, I seem like a freak mutation. I am a late bloomer, premature, and I’m a pure white caterpillar. Everyone else in society is a vivid green color as a caterpillar, and I get stuck with being the only albino caterpillar out of the trillions of insects in the Elder Tree. My parents actually insisted on killing me when I was born, but the Grand Elder saw potential in me. She died a day after I was born due to old age, so in reality the only person who truly cared about me was dead.

Without any hope, I crawl to the challenge, but rather than join everyone else, I hide in the baby shrubs. I watch as one by one, every single caterpillar I grew up with create perfectly crafted cocoons on the grand leaf. I have never felt so ashamed, to not only hide from my destiny, but to give up on my hope of ever being a butterfly. Suddenly I hear a buzzing sound from behind me. Slow as I turned around a giant swarm of wasps land on the grand leaf and swarm around the sealed cocoons. I then realize that they were going to eat my friends! Pffft, what friends? All they ever did to me was ridicule how worthless I was. At the same time, those caterpillars are my family, and although I deeply resent how they treated me growing up, I had to do something. I had to change…

I leap out of the bushes and slather honey all over my body and yell at the wasps. Instantly they all came rushing to me. What was I thinking?! Not only am I never going to become a butterfly, I’m going to die! Recovering from shock, I realize my only hope was to jump into the stream near the bottom of the tree. From this height I’d probably die, but I have nothing to do. I jump with no regrets, letting out all the emotions I held inside growing up. My life flashed before my eyes, although all of my worst experiences angered me so, they changed me, they made me stronger, they made me who I am. I embraced the positive aspects of my life. I am Princess Cambia, future queen of the butterflies, and I love being different!

I plunge into the water as if it was all in slow motion and I find myself being wrapped in this odd translucent blue material. The stream wrapped and spun my entire body into a sealed chamber and I have a feeling death is near. I embrace all of my emotions and everything that has happened to me and I close my eyes.

For what felt like a second, I open my eyes with new sight. I see mirrors, of blue material. I feel strange, but good. I feel as if I can leap to the skies. Overwhelmed by this amazing scintilla of physical change, I burst through what I thought was my coffin. I gaze upon a crystal blue cacoon along the stream and I gaze upon the water in astonishment. I…I can’t believe it. I look into the water and see the most magnificent butterfly looking right at me. My entire body is coated in silver and my wings glisten with a radiant cyan glow. My eyes are a saturated shade of aquamarine with multiple shaped patterns. I look above to see a vortex of butterflies above me. Today is first day of mating season, the summer solstice. With every ounce of happiness in my body, I fly up through the tree with a brisk flow of air below. I twirl around the vortex of butterfly and they all land on the grand leaves. I stay put and while fluttering alone, I look around to see why everyone has stopped. All of them, every single creature of the elder tree was paralyzed with an awestruck look. Never before has a butterfly of my colors existed. Every single butterfly at the Elder Tree is black with crimson wings. It has been that ways for centuries, similar to our societal ways. Yet, here I am, a magnificently new colored butterfly that also happens to be royalty. I watch as my parents flutter towards me with shocked faces. They ask who I am. I tell them that I am their daughter, Princess Cambia, and I have come to bring change. I watch as my parents weep before me, apologizing for all their doubts when I was a caterpillar. The elders pull out the Grand Elder’s will from afar and read it aloud. It was said that when the Princess was to become a butterfly, she was to become the new queen regardless of her state of mind. I then realized what my purpose was. I was destined to bring change to society, to bring change to the entire Elder Tree. No one should ever be judged by how they look, or on their physical and mental aspects. I was born an albino caterpillar. I was told I was never to achieve anything great in society, and yet here I am, the Queen Butterfly of Change, Cambia.

[img=0x200]http://i.imgur.com/7yWZOgj.png[/img]
Thanks to FPB for the signature and avatar~

Check out my ASB profile! (or not... either way, it's there Tongue)

My FC is 0130-2313-2579; Let me know yours!
Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

PokéDollars: ₪32.09
Registered
02-07-2014, 02:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2014, 03:04 AM by Bloom.)
I suppose I can give another Writing Contest a try. ^^

Please sign me up, and I'll do my best to have an entry submitted before the due date! Wink

[Image: dA219Lb.gif]
xKiYoMiNaTiONx
Cosplayer

PokéDollars: ₪1,256.11
Super Moderators
02-07-2014, 04:44 AM
I'll give this one a shot too!
Fennekin_Fireninja653
Master Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪256.2
Registered
02-07-2014, 07:04 AM
sign me up please

[Image: 2ezk66b.png]

Thank you Zueq for the Signature & Avatar Smile

[Image: fenniken_s_fiery_ambition_fenniken_pokem...6e0yza.png]

My ASB Profile

xKiYoMiNaTiONx
Cosplayer

PokéDollars: ₪1,256.11
Super Moderators
02-14-2014, 07:56 AM
Here is my entry for the contest!

Spoiler:

My Favorite Animal!

This is quite a very difficult topic to write about. I love Cats, and I love Dogs, and I love all animals! Though, I suppose my absolute favorite animal would have to be man's best friend, Doggies!!

I feel like Dogs are loyal and gentle creatures. Having owned two dogs for about 14 years, I can honestly say that they are there for you no matter what.

Dogs have a senses that even we, humans, don't have. Even though dogs are color-blind, they still can see who you are. Their sense of smell is much better than us humans! Dogs know who their owners are and are able distinguish things by the owners actions.

As I have mentioned before, Dogs are loyal and gentle creatures. However, sometimes that may not be so. You can tell when your dog is sick when they start acting strangely. For example, my doggie, an Australian Silky Terrier (Balto), who was 14 years when we put him down. He started biting at us and growling at us. Even though, at that time, he was already blind in one eye, and partially blind in the other. Yet, when we were told to remove the dog dish and things, perhaps his sense of hearing was hightened because as soon as we tried to remove the dish, he yipped and snarled at us. It was odd for him to do so. Also, he was starting to wet himself a lot. In the cage, on the kitchen floors…we weren't sure what was wrong. We finally took him in to see the vet after he started showing signs of shaking. Found out that his bladder ruptured and is life-threatening. At that time, I was suffering from side-effects of a bladder problem myself and panic attacks. I couldn't will myself to see my beloved friend since my elementary school days get put down.

My other dog, Sonny Boy, was a Yorkshire Terrier. He was only 10 when we had to put him down. It was also the same time as when I was at my best. I had gone to Japan that year, at the best anime convention ever that year, and then, everything started crumbling at christmas time. We had just gave the dogs a bath and my mother was grooming him. I already had known that Sonny was sick. His nose was really dry. Fun Fact, when your dogs nose is dry, its telling you it sick, and not doing well. Dogs noses are meant to be moist. We had already knew that he was suffering from a narrow windpipe so he couldn't get much air flow. I was worried about him because his eyes started closing every so often, and all his doggy sneezes were meant to clear up his airways. During my exams, (yes, I was still in college at this time), I was so worried about him that I couldn't concentrate on the final and just wanted to hurry up and catch the bus to get to the vet. When I got there, I was told that he had an enlarged heart, and that alone was causing his windpipes to close up. The only thing we could do was put him down. To be truthful, he was put down first, a year before my other dog, and one day before. It was saddening. I asked to go into the bathroom for a bit because I just broke down in tears. I called up my best friend who was living in Texas. When I told her what was happening, she told me to calm down and say that it's going to be alright and that he'll be in a better place where he's no longer in pain. I literally drowned myself in tears.

When I finally left the bathroom, I took some last moment pictures of him. He really didn't know what was going on, at least I don't think so. He was happy. He was licking my face, licking my dad's face, and everything. I almost started crying again. I had to leave the room.

Dogs, to me, aren't just pets. They were my family and my best friends. They were there for me when I was lonely at home when my family went off on a trip because I had college. My dogs were there for me whenever I felt sad or down. Playing with them, Walking them… I'll never forget them. Sometimes, I think I still hear them in the kitchen barking.

So, to end this, I would like to reiterate that my favorite animals are dogs. They are loyal, gentle, and very protective of their owners. You will never find a better friend than one of them =)
Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

Registered
02-17-2014, 10:41 PM
Here is my entry! Got it in on time for once. ^^

Spoiler:
My Favorite Animal Story – Cambia’s Journey

It was a quiet and dulcet morning in the verdant forest. Today was the start of mating season, and luckily for me, I don’t even exist yet. It was in fact today, June 21st, that I hatched from my mother’s egg. Who would know that of all insects, I would end up being a child of the King and Queen butterflies of the Grand Elder Tree of the forest. The Elder Tree is the largest in the entire forest, and it is home to thousands of caterpillars and butterflies. While life may be peaceful at the tree, the society here is very skeptical of new things. Our kind has followed the same living system since the beginning of our species. Essentially all the butterflies do is collect and trade pollen and collect sustenance for new caterpillars. Then when the Summer Solstice occurs, all of the butterflies mate and the cycle repeats itself.

This year caterpillars of my age group are on their final step to becoming butterflies. We are learning how to create cocoons, but for some reason I just can’t seem to grasp the concept no matter how hard I try. For being royalty, everyone expects me to do great things for the Elder Tree. I can’t even manage to make a basic cocoon! In every single practice or competition hosted for caterpillars in my age group, I always end up doing the worst and disappointing not only my parents, but the entire Elder Tree society. I’m known as the royal disgrace to the high society elders. Sometimes I just wish I could just change into a butterfly and fly away from all of this constant humiliation.

Staring into my reflection from the dew drops, I sigh at the thought of entering today’s final challenge. Next week is the Solstice, so by tomorrow everyone in my group is expected to have formed a cocoon by dawn. It’s not a surprise they are all excited, they all get to make their perfect cocoons , transform into beautiful butterflies, fly around the tree and experience freedom, and have children of their own to carry off their perfect genetics. Both of my parents were expert flyers and were some of the best in history. Even as caterpillars they both were the best of their groups. Despite of that, I seem like a freak mutation. I am a late bloomer, premature, and I’m a pure white caterpillar. Everyone else in society is a vivid green color as a caterpillar, and I get stuck with being the only albino caterpillar out of the trillions of insects in the Elder Tree. My parents actually insisted on killing me when I was born, but the Grand Elder saw potential in me. She died a day after I was born due to old age, so in reality the only person who truly cared about me was dead.

Without any hope, I crawl to the challenge, but rather than join everyone else, I hide in the baby shrubs. I watch as one by one, every single caterpillar I grew up with create perfectly crafted cocoons on the grand leaf. I have never felt so ashamed, to not only hide from my destiny, but to give up on my hope of ever being a butterfly. Suddenly I hear a buzzing sound from behind me. Slow as I turned around a giant swarm of wasps land on the grand leaf and swarm around the sealed cocoons. I then realize that they were going to eat my friends! Pffft, what friends? All they ever did to me was ridicule how worthless I was. At the same time, those caterpillars are my family, and although I deeply resent how they treated me growing up, I had to do something. I had to change…

I leap out of the bushes and slather honey all over my body and yell at the wasps. Instantly they all came rushing to me. What was I thinking?! Not only am I never going to become a butterfly, I’m going to die! Recovering from shock, I realize my only hope was to jump into the stream near the bottom of the tree. From this height I’d probably die, but I have nothing to do. I jump with no regrets, letting out all the emotions I held inside growing up. My life flashed before my eyes, although all of my worst experiences angered me so, they changed me, they made me stronger, they made me who I am. I embraced the positive aspects of my life. I am Princess Cambia, future queen of the butterflies, and I love being different!

I plunge into the water as if it was all in slow motion and I find myself being wrapped in this odd translucent blue material. The stream wrapped and spun my entire body into a sealed chamber and I have a feeling death is near. I embrace all of my emotions and everything that has happened to me and I close my eyes.

For what felt like a second, I open my eyes with new sight. I see mirrors, of blue material. I feel strange, but good. I feel as if I can leap to the skies. Overwhelmed by this amazing scintilla of physical change, I burst through what I thought was my coffin. I gaze upon a crystal blue cacoon along the stream and I gaze upon the water in astonishment. I…I can’t believe it. I look into the water and see the most magnificent butterfly looking right at me. My entire body is coated in silver and my wings glisten with a radiant cyan glow. My eyes are a saturated shade of aquamarine with multiple shaped patterns. I look above to see a vortex of butterflies above me. Today is first day of mating season, the summer solstice. With every ounce of happiness in my body, I fly up through the tree with a brisk flow of air below. I twirl around the vortex of butterfly and they all land on the grand leaves. I stay put and while fluttering alone, I look around to see why everyone has stopped. All of them, every single creature of the elder tree was paralyzed with an awestruck look. Never before has a butterfly of my colors existed. Every single butterfly at the Elder Tree is black with crimson wings. It has been that ways for centuries, similar to our societal ways. Yet, here I am, a magnificently new colored butterfly that also happens to be royalty. I watch as my parents flutter towards me with shocked faces. They ask who I am. I tell them that I am their daughter, Princess Cambia, and I have come to bring change. I watch as my parents weep before me, apologizing for all their doubts when I was a caterpillar. The elders pull out the Grand Elder’s will from afar and read it aloud. It was said that when the Princess was to become a butterfly, she was to become the new queen regardless of her state of mind. I then realized what my purpose was. I was destined to bring change to society, to bring change to the entire Elder Tree. No one should ever be judged by how they look, or on their physical and mental aspects. I was born an albino caterpillar. I was told I was never to achieve anything great in society, and yet here I am, the Queen Butterfly of Change, Cambia.

If you were curious, Cambia was based off of an Italian word that relates to change. =) Hopefully an insect counts as an animal lol... I love butterflies enough to call them animals. x-x

FormerOG767
Cogito ergo sum

Registered
02-22-2014, 12:54 AM
Sorry that I haven't been keeping up with this guys; I've been really ill. I'd like if more people would join, so I'll extend the deadline by an extra three days.

FormerOG767
Cogito ergo sum

Registered
02-24-2014, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2014, 01:37 PM by FormerOG767.)
Alright guys, there's only two entries this month, but feel free to vote for whichever entry you liked better ^^

Fennekin_Fireninja653
Master Trainer

PokéDollars: ₪256.2
Registered
02-25-2014, 08:35 AM
uh you forgot my entry

[Image: 2ezk66b.png]

Thank you Zueq for the Signature & Avatar Smile

[Image: fenniken_s_fiery_ambition_fenniken_pokem...6e0yza.png]

My ASB Profile

Bloom
*❀~Bloop Dee Woop~❀*

Registered
02-25-2014, 09:22 AM
Did you submit one Fenniken? O.o
Former did extend the due date you know...

Well, I'll just be quiet. o-o *votes for Kiyomi*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PokéSun Spring Festival: Pokemon Story Bloom 7 1,309 05-03-2015, 05:39 AM
Last Post by ✯Ho-OhLugia✯
  PokéSun Spring Festival: Writing Contest Bloom 4 1,052 04-08-2015, 11:49 PM
Last Post by Bloom
  PokeSun Writing Contest #11: Congratulations Dock! Bloom 12 1,574 03-01-2015, 06:33 PM
Last Post by Rouge007
  The Writing Hut Poems Shole 0 514 12-19-2014, 02:10 PM
Last Post by Shole